Black Sports : Lebron : no room for guns...stop the violence

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/10/02/lebron-james-gun-violence.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — LeBron James was at home with his three kids when news broke that a 5-month-old girl had been killed in a drive-by shooting - the third fatal shooting of a child in Cleveland in the past month.

Aavielle Wakefield's death moved James to speak out on social media, where he used the platform to make an immediate plea for calm and change in the wake of more senseless violence.

On Friday, the NBA star went further, stating his support for stricter gun laws.

"There's no room for guns." James said.

James, who has never shied away from stating his opinion on political issues, spoke after practice, a day after another tragedy in Cleveland as well as the mass shooting at an Oregon community college, where a gunman killed at least nine people and wounded others when he opened fire on campus.

James decried both situations and took a strong stance on gun control, a divisive issue in the U.S.

"Four kids under the age of five or six years old have been shot and killed or very badly injured," James said. "There's no room for that. There's no room for guns, first of all, but then for violence toward kids or anybody. I see the news go across my phone and I'm sitting there in front of my three kids, so it automatically just hit me.

"It's not just in Cleveland, it's the whole nation that goes through this as well. We all hurt from it."

chuck

Registered
Aug 9, 2003
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/10/02/lebron-james-gun-violence.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — LeBron James was at home with his three kids when news broke that a 5-month-old girl had been killed in a drive-by shooting - the third fatal shooting of a child in Cleveland in the past month.

Aavielle Wakefield's death moved James to speak out on social media, where he used the platform to make an immediate plea for calm and change in the wake of more senseless violence.

On Friday, the NBA star went further, stating his support for stricter gun laws.

"There's no room for guns." James said.

James, who has never shied away from stating his opinion on political issues, spoke after practice, a day after another tragedy in Cleveland as well as the mass shooting at an Oregon community college, where a gunman killed at least nine people and wounded others when he opened fire on campus.

James decried both situations and took a strong stance on gun control, a divisive issue in the U.S.

"Four kids under the age of five or six years old have been shot and killed or very badly injured," James said. "There's no room for that. There's no room for guns, first of all, but then for violence toward kids or anybody. I see the news go across my phone and I'm sitting there in front of my three kids, so it automatically just hit me.

"It's not just in Cleveland, it's the whole nation that goes through this as well. We all hurt from it."

Lebron James IS a role model to MY young relatives TOO!!

Let OUR generations remember this:

WE didn't change overnight either!!

fyi

carbonite

Banned
Registered
Nov 22, 2015
"LeBron James was at home with his three kids when news broke that a 5-month-old girl had been killed in a drive-by shooting - the third fatal shooting of a child in Cleveland in the past month."

LeBron is a good man and an excellent role model. Unfortunately, we need more like him vice the typical thug knuckle head type that so many young black males seek to emulate. The shooting deaths of these children speaks for itself about the depraved violent environments so many black youths are being exposed to. There is no justification nor excuse making that can exonerate the criminal thug terrorists who are driving the body bag statistics in black America....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : lebron opens school... Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : LeBron James Is Done With Trump: 'I Would Never Sit Across From Him' Black Sports 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Scottie Pippen wavers on Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate after Barack Obama chimes in Black Sports 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : LeBron James to donate $2.5 million to National Museum of African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Fine1952 Black People : Lebron's Graffiti Incident Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar takes sides in Kobe vs LeBron debate Black Sports 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Lue Reacts to LeBron Not Being Named MVP Finalist Black Sports 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : lebron-james-to-open-public-school Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Liberty Black Positive People : LeBron James Donates $2.5 Million to Smithsonian’s African-American History Museum Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron-calls-out-phil-jackson Black Sports 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron signs $500 million lifetime deal with nike... Black Sports 13
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron helps adults get GEDs..... Black Sports 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron, melo, opt for free agency Black Sports 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Despite disappointing Finals loss, Heat may be LeBron's best option next year Black Sports 2
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : LEBRON GETTING MARRIED Black Entertainment 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Ball Don't Lie A shooter kills a would-be robber in self-defense while waiting in line to buy LeBron Black People Open Forum 3
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : LeBron James Black Sports 54
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Jesse Jackson blast back in LeBron Honor Black Sports 6
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Lebron James Black Sports 39
H Black Entertainment : Lebron Teamate Sleeping With His Mom Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron had tumor.... Black Sports 5
brown_h0rnet Black People : David Stern Admonishes Lebron for sportsmanship Black People Open Forum 20
KWABENA Black Astrology : Authorized to Rise! - 'The King' LeBron James' Birth-Natal Chart Black Astrology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron's moms Black Sports 13
Isaiah Black Sports : LEBRON *MICHAEL*KOBE - CAREERS IN PERSPECTIVE... Black Sports 8
B Black People : LeBron James & 50 Cent...Public Enemies #1 Black People Open Forum 7
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: “We here at the guesthouse and your breasts arouse me, so lets get a room wanna sniff your wet perfume Need accommodations and conversations Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Prevail with chemistry and like a retail shoe industrythis stuff abuzz with talks of a new ministrythat's a big boom aheadwhile you in the room li Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : Black American couple found dead in Dominican Republic resort hotel room Black Travel 70
R Black Poetry : love is tender starting with perfume like a kindergarten room it teach stuff and reach ruff lessens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Alvin Kamara wears 'Make Africa Home Again' hat, Colin Kaepernick jersey in Saints locker room Black Sports 1
R Black Poetry : Look my flow doomed without elbow room to move about Corrupt with nouns and grow up from the ground Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Smelt new perfume and flew from the room to rap to some chicks // Possibly trap them quick i’m very Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black People : How bad is the opioid crisis? Morgues are literally out of room Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : White Drug Deaths So High Ohio Coroner Runs Out of Room for the Bodies Black People Open Forum 1
TheBigBadNetwork The Front Porch : Wassup Room The Front Porch 4
Liberty Black Entertainment : You Can Now Watch Spike Lee's 'Chi-Raq' in Your Living Room on Digital HD + On Demand Black Entertainment 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Africa Could Fit China and the U.S., With Room to Spare All Things Africa 8
Destee Black People : Our New Chat Room !!! - Happy 17th Birthday to Us !!! Black People Open Forum 6
HODEE Black Poetry : THERE IS NO ROOM FOR NOTHING ELSE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
baller Black Poetry : She Entered The Room Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
PurpleMoons Audio Video Web Conferencing : elle varner soundproof room lyrics Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Patrice O'Neal Elephant In The Room Uncensored Unedited Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Tevin Campbell Singing live in His living room Can we Talk Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
$$RICH$$ Audio Video Web Conferencing : Come On In The Room The Georgia Mass Choir Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : We Have a NEW VOICE VIDEO CHAT ROOM Family !!!!! - Must Be Registered and Logged In to Chat! Audio Video Web Conferencing 19
RAPTOR Black People : Black Student's Dorm Room Confederate Flag Sparks Uproar Black People Open Forum 57
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : In Da Back Room with Becky : MaBosslady EXPOSED! Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : There Is No Room For Freedom In The Mind Of Most Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0