Leaving The Nest

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
I suppose I should make myself a little more clear.

I am not kicking her out at all. She is welcome to stay as long as she wants, our relationship is cool. BUT if I choose to be gone for a week, she will need to be responsible for herself - therefore SOME things will change regardless of where she lives. I may not be around as much as I am right now.

She has to learn to do some things for herself, pay bills (if she makes them), cook more, and tend to the house, etc.

When I start talking about life after high school, she gets a little upset because she loves being a child. So...

I was simply asking for advice in what to say to her to make her feel at ease. She knows she doesn't have to move, but she is simply scared of graduating and becoming an adult. LOL! I know it could be worse, but this is a little issue we are having.

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
Oh my bad I have trouble reading Anglish sometimes... I've always felt that transition to anything is best done slowly ...having her start doing certain things for herself that you would normally do and along with that have her do the same things for you...you know....for instance for one night or whatever have her decide what's for dinner get what she needs and then make it for yall ...at least once a week...let her know that adult is just a word....there's so much around being an adult you know when it doesn't have to be that stressful, take care of your bills and pad, take care of your clothes take care of your meals and go to work. .I know that's pretty simplistic but for the most part man that's it..........no stress (should take my own advice) being young and getting out into the world for the first time should be fun man...and you're not pushing her..me getting put out was pushing what you're doing is different..just tell her do the best she can do be cool and when in doubt either call Mama or do the opposite of what your potnas are doing...nah for real though tell her to take it one step at a time and it'll all be gravy all gravy....

Mississippi Red

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
Good looking out, I think she'll relate to this...
let her know that adult is just a word....there's so much around being an adult you know when it doesn't have to be that stressful
Thanks a million!!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: