destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
ZeroGravity said:
Hey ,Destee, I think I sent you this message via email already but i wasnt sure whether or not it went through lol....I was wondering if you would suggest some readings to get acquainted with html as I am interested in building websites. Also what is the best program to design websites. And your method of handling traffic?.....

Brother ZeroGravity ... you just made some dust fall off my brain, thinking back to the days when i first learned HTML. It seems like ages ago now. I don't even think the books i used are even still in print. The technology has evolved so quickly, and continues to do, until books are almost outdated before the ink is dry.

The books that i did use, teaching HTML, suggested the use of Notepad, which every computer comes with. This was just to be sure you understood the code, that you could make a web page using only Notepad. With so many HTML editors out here now, i'd not be surprised if folk weren't teaching that way anymore.

If i were just learning HTML, i'd probably do some searches in google, for sites that teach it. Actually, i did that back then, when i was learning too. And now, there are so many more available. You could probably get away without ever buying a book on learning HTML, by simply accessing the free tutorials available online.

I've always used Macromedia products, for the most part, when it comes to design and development. Their HTML editor is called Dreamweaver. Actually, Macromedia sold themselves to Adobe, so you can find these products on their site now.

In regard to site traffic, i'm not sure what you mean when you ask about my method of handling it. If you'd be more specific, i'd be glad to try and answer that question too.

I put this in a thread, as i'm sure those more actively involved in web site development, than i am right now, could be of even more assistance to you.

Oh, and for the record, it's always best to post to me if you can ... if you don't mind the question being public ... as i will (probably) answer more quickly here, than via email.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

ZeroPoint

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 17, 2008
Thanks Destee.......

I actually had Dreamweaver and dabbled into it a little bit...never really actually built a whole site though.......but as far as handling traffic, I mean like your various hardware....Like what kind/how many routers and servers are you using?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thanks Destee.......

I actually had Dreamweaver and dabbled into it a little bit...never really actually built a whole site though.......but as far as handling traffic, I mean like your various hardware....Like what kind/how many routers and servers are you using?

Dreamweaver is a great tool, and it would be good if you desire to learn web development, to spend some quality time with it. That's the key to learning this stuff, is being willing to put the time in. It's very time intensive. You can probably learn enough skimming the surface, to get by, but if you want to present high quality work, then it's gonna take more than skimming.

Building a quality site, is much more than just putting the web pages together. Among other things, you've got to secure a place for the site to live. That usually includes purchasing a domain name, and having it hosted. Both of these are relatively inexpensive pieces, and you can even find sites that will host your pages at no cost to you (they have the advertisements and stuff on them). At this point, you'd probably be using a "shared hosting environment" where many other domains live on the same server, and you've simply purchased a corner of it for yourself.

In contrast to that, we are on a dedicated server, where i maintain full control / management / responsibility of it. In a "shared hosting environment" you have no control of the server. We've had our own server since 2001, and we only have one right now.

The routing part of things falls on the side of the hosting provider, so i've never had a reason to venture there. It's always worked. Over the years, my expertise has sharpened most often due to the fact that a problem occurred! :) I was then forced to learn some new and different stuff, because we can't afford to pay someone. It happens often enough that it keeps me pretty sharp regarding the things i gotta be on top of.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, or you have more, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Oh My Gosh ... Brother ZeroPoint ... oops ... :)

I called you Brother ZeroGravity ... i am so sorry !

We have a Member by that name, who i've been missing for a whole long time, and ... oh my gosh!

I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to make your quote his, or call you by his name.

He hasn't even been home since forever ... gosh ... hmmmm ... i don't know what's up with me making this mistake.

Sorry.

Destee

PLATINUMILLITY1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2005
Life is waiting....
Occupation
Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
I get so washed over HTML....I dont REALLY know what it is.....I think it makes Pictures or something.....and it's how people are able to make graphics.....
YEs, I REALLY need some help in this DPT.
I am Granma Fanny May over here.......ROFL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : A Megachurch Reels After Learning Pastor Let His Professed Pedophile Son Work With Kids Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
N African Traditional Religion : Learning/adopting Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : No new 'learning' brain cells after age 13: study Science and Technology 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery Black Education / Schools 37
Gorilla Science and Technology : Exploit Exercises - Computer Security Learning Resource Science and Technology 1
dunwiddat Black People : Black Folks Still Not Learning Black People Open Forum 2
MsInterpret Black People : What is your learning style? Black People Open Forum 12
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : 20+ Resources for Learning Programming/Computing Online Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Stanford Offering Three Open Classes: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Databases Science and Technology 4
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : DIY Computer Science (Learning Community): The Elements of Computing Systems Science and Technology 1
Destee We Are Learning This Together Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 8
Afroerotik Black Parenting : Learning to Love Black Parenting 2
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Learning the ABCs for Black Teens Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Gorilla Science and Technology : Khan Academy (Another self-learning resource) Science and Technology 0
Ankhur Black People : Now they tell us Ritalin "boosts" Learning????? Black People Open Forum 2
P Black Spirituality Religion : How Are You At Living and Learning? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Guess Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Learning 2 love again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Stay Away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
D Black Haiku : learning vanu.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
D Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Anyone gonna participate in the Distance Learning program that the AAS is offering? Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
anAfrican Africa : Learning/Sharing the Nations of Africa All Things Africa 0
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana; Education: President Challenges Higher Learning Institutions Ghana 0
S Black Poetry : Higher Learning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Pan-Africanism : Monique Maddy - Learning to Love Africa Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 8
anAfrican Science and Technology : Learning Electronics Together? Science and Technology 11
L Black Education / Schools : Afrocentric Learning Tools Black Education / Schools 6
I Africa : AFrican languages and learning them. All Things Africa 9
F African American History Culture : Learning on Kemet African American History Culture 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Learning to Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
K Black People : Learning another language Black People Open Forum 1
I Black Poetry : Learning Tools Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
L Black Poetry : Learning to Love Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Learning about Mistakes.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
E Quiet Poetry Lounge : Learning Experiences Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Destee Network : 1 Week trial of 700+ e-learning courses Destee Network : 0
S Black Poetry : Learning From The Best Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Writspirit Podcasts / MP3s / Audio : http://writeblog-deardra.blogspot.com/2009/12/many-faces-of-oscar-brown-jr.html Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Amnat77 toxins-in-disposable diapers dioxin and sodium polyacrylate.html Black Health and Wellness 7
L Destee Network : Free Web Design / HTML Help Destee Network : 0
HODEE Black Jokes Humor : I need HTML.. and Images.. Destee.. Hello Family No Joke Black Jokes Humor 1
RAPTOR Law Forum : "It is Officially Open Season on Black Folks": Legal Expert Decries Handling of Wilson Grand Jury Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : Snake-handling pastor dies from snake bite Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
A Black People : HIS JOB IS PAN HANDLING Black People Open Forum 0
alyce Black Poetry : handling it... (overcast days do it to me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5