Science and Technology : Learning Electronics Together?

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Great THANKS.

Electronic AGE of SOLDERING is almost OVER.

COMPUTERS are making COMPUTERS these DAYS.

Althought OUR PEOPLE sometimes have OLD RADIO SYSTEMS and these SKILLS can be PUT TO USE for IT.

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
one can believe that it is almost over if one wants to. and to some extent, there is a lot of validity in that belief.

however, knowledge being power; understanding how that stuff works and the ability to harness that knowledge for our own benefit seems to me to be of enormous value!

darkreign

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 17, 2006
anAfrican said:
however, knowledge being power; understanding how that stuff works and the ability to harness that knowledge for our own benefit seems to me to be of enormous value!

good point.

learning this will at least give a person the basic knowledge of electrical theory but i think these books may be going too far in thinking that it can be self taught, imo it is not possible. particulary when it comes to inductance and capacitive reactance.

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
darkreign said:
good point.

learning this will at least give a person the basic knowledge of electrical theory but i think these books may be going too far in thinking that it can be self taught, imo it is not possible. particulary when it comes to inductance and capacitive reactance.
whoa!! "whar'd you larn them big ole words?" <grin> "two pies for lunch": 2 times pi = inductance? ... no .. there's something missing there, isn't there? :lol: just one of the mnemonics that got stuck in my head from the electronics program I attended a lot of years ago. [Seattle Opportunities Industrialization Center in Seattle; founded by Mt. Zion Baptist Church - 82? 83? ...] ( ..er .. two times pi times inductance = ? .. er ..)

anyway: "self taught". i guess that is part of the reason that i tossed it up here: if a number of folks are looking/puzzling over the same material, bouncing off each other might help to bring understanding? on the other hand, there is the issue of "hands on" type stuff. (oops: lost in the lost original post) at the site linked, there is a link to another of the author/teacher's projects; "Socratic Electronics" - worksheets for guiding students to learn by discussing/thinking through the stuff.

besides that, if you know enough to suggest that these two items, for example, might be a bit difficult, i would think that you know enough to offer some valuable insights when we get to that point. (aren't those related to AC?)

i think that there has been a lot of energy expended in convincing people that they can not learn on their own ... a good way to keep folks from branching out and coming up with individual power/knowledge.

could we try it and see if we can "self teach" ourselves?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : A Megachurch Reels After Learning Pastor Let His Professed Pedophile Son Work With Kids Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
N African Traditional Religion : Learning/adopting Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : No new 'learning' brain cells after age 13: study Science and Technology 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery Black Education / Schools 37
Gorilla Science and Technology : Exploit Exercises - Computer Security Learning Resource Science and Technology 1
dunwiddat Black People : Black Folks Still Not Learning Black People Open Forum 2
MsInterpret Black People : What is your learning style? Black People Open Forum 12
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : 20+ Resources for Learning Programming/Computing Online Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Stanford Offering Three Open Classes: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Databases Science and Technology 4
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : DIY Computer Science (Learning Community): The Elements of Computing Systems Science and Technology 1
Destee We Are Learning This Together Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 8
Afroerotik Black Parenting : Learning to Love Black Parenting 2
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Learning the ABCs for Black Teens Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Gorilla Science and Technology : Khan Academy (Another self-learning resource) Science and Technology 0
Ankhur Black People : Now they tell us Ritalin "boosts" Learning????? Black People Open Forum 2
P Black Spirituality Religion : How Are You At Living and Learning? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Guess Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Learning 2 love again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Destee Science and Technology : Learning HTML / Handling Traffic Science and Technology 7
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Stay Away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
D Black Haiku : learning vanu.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
D Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Anyone gonna participate in the Distance Learning program that the AAS is offering? Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
anAfrican Africa : Learning/Sharing the Nations of Africa All Things Africa 0
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana; Education: President Challenges Higher Learning Institutions Ghana 0
S Black Poetry : Higher Learning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Pan-Africanism : Monique Maddy - Learning to Love Africa Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 8
L Black Education / Schools : Afrocentric Learning Tools Black Education / Schools 6
I Africa : AFrican languages and learning them. All Things Africa 9
F African American History Culture : Learning on Kemet African American History Culture 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Learning to Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
K Black People : Learning another language Black People Open Forum 1
I Black Poetry : Learning Tools Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
L Black Poetry : Learning to Love Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Learning about Mistakes.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
E Quiet Poetry Lounge : Learning Experiences Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Destee Network : 1 Week trial of 700+ e-learning courses Destee Network : 0
S Black Poetry : Learning From The Best Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
skuderjaymes Science and Technology : Very accessible Introduction to Electronics.. Science and Technology 0
TotalView Black Poetry : a couple who prays together Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
SwagII Black Relationships : What Two Broke People Going To Do Together? Black Relationships 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Coming Together Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Shook over the love sport and now must write a book report pages glued together on stages nude of wh Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
candeesweet Black Relationships : Cry Together Black Relationships 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Get It Together: 10 Foods To Stop Eating Today Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : father-and-daughter-graduate-from-temple-university-together Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Jokes Humor : Baboons Work Together To Escape From Biomedical Testing Facility Black Jokes Humor 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Coming together shortly through skin pores Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Peeps Come Together II Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Together Forever Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : father-son-graduate-together Black People Doing Positive Things 0