Black People : Kidnapped Girls Become Tools of U.S. Imperial Policy in Africa

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
By Glen Ford -Executive Editor, Black Agenda Report

The “humanitarian” U.S. military occupation of Africa has been very successful, thus far. “The Chibok
abductions have served the same U.S. foreign policy purposes as Joseph Kony sightings in central
Africa.”

Imagine: the superpower that financed the genocide of six million in Congo claims to be a defender of
teenage girls and human rights on the continent. If you believe that, then you are probably a member
of the Congressional Black Caucus.

A chorus of outraged public opinion demands that the “international community” and the Nigerian
military “Do something!” about the abduction by Boko Haram of 280 teenage girls. It is difficult to
fault the average U.S. consumer of packaged “news” products for knowing next to nothing about what
the Nigerian army has actually been “doing” to suppress the Muslim fundamentalist rebels since, as
senior columnist Margaret Kimberley pointed out in Black Agenda Report, the three U.S. broadcast
networks carried “not a single television news story about Boko Haram” in all of 2013. (Nor did the
misinformation corporations provide a nanosecond of coverage of the bloodshed in the Central
African Republic, where thousands died and a million were made homeless by communal fighting
over the past year.) But, that doesn’t mean the Nigerian army hasn’t been bombing, strafing, and
indiscriminately slaughtering thousands of, mainly, young men in the country’s mostly Muslim north.

The newly aware U.S. public may or may not be screaming for blood, but rivers of blood have already
flowed in the region. Those Americans who read—which, presumably, includes First Lady Michelle
Obama, who took her husband’s place on radio to pledge U.S. help in the hunt for the girls—would
have learned in the New York Times of the army’s savage offensive near the Niger border, last May
and June. In the town of Bosso, the Nigerian army killed hundreds of young men in traditional
Muslim garb “Without Asking Who They Are,” according to the NYT headline. “They don’t ask any
questions,” said a witness who later fled for his life, like thousands of others. “When they see young
men in traditional robes, they shoot them on the spot,” said a student. “They catch many of the others
and take them away, and we don’t hear from them again.”

Read more: http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/World_News_3/nigeria_schoolgirls_101462.shtml

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
By Glen Ford -Executive Editor, Black Agenda Report

The “humanitarian” U.S. military occupation of Africa has been very successful, thus far. “The Chibok
abductions have served the same U.S. foreign policy purposes as Joseph Kony sightings in central
Africa.”

Imagine: the superpower that financed the genocide of six million in Congo claims to be a defender of
teenage girls and human rights on the continent. If you believe that, then you are probably a member
of the Congressional Black Caucus.

A chorus of outraged public opinion demands that the “international community” and the Nigerian
military “Do something!” about the abduction by Boko Haram of 280 teenage girls. It is difficult to
fault the average U.S. consumer of packaged “news” products for knowing next to nothing about what
the Nigerian army has actually been “doing” to suppress the Muslim fundamentalist rebels since, as
senior columnist Margaret Kimberley pointed out in Black Agenda Report, the three U.S. broadcast
networks carried “not a single television news story about Boko Haram” in all of 2013. (Nor did the
misinformation corporations provide a nanosecond of coverage of the bloodshed in the Central
African Republic, where thousands died and a million were made homeless by communal fighting
over the past year.) But, that doesn’t mean the Nigerian army hasn’t been bombing, strafing, and
indiscriminately slaughtering thousands of, mainly, young men in the country’s mostly Muslim north.

The newly aware U.S. public may or may not be screaming for blood, but rivers of blood have already
flowed in the region. Those Americans who read—which, presumably, includes First Lady Michelle
Obama, who took her husband’s place on radio to pledge U.S. help in the hunt for the girls—would
have learned in the New York Times of the army’s savage offensive near the Niger border, last May
and June. In the town of Bosso, the Nigerian army killed hundreds of young men in traditional
Muslim garb “Without Asking Who They Are,” according to the NYT headline. “They don’t ask any
questions,” said a witness who later fled for his life, like thousands of others. “When they see young
men in traditional robes, they shoot them on the spot,” said a student. “They catch many of the others
and take them away, and we don’t hear from them again.”

Read more: http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/World_News_3/nigeria_schoolgirls_101462.shtml
Before reading this I was thinking about the "Get Kony" campaign, and this mentions him.

Let's face it bro. Raptor. There are some people on this site who are wrapped in American flags and Christian robes so they will never accept any of this as fact but will forever make obvious their Christian propaganda, anti Islamic sentiment and westernized pro american imperialist mindset.

The brainwashing is complete. I guess they don't realize how many Africans will die as a result of all this killing of African Muslims if it continues. We are talking about millions of people. And this is happening along with the spread of Christianity into areas of Africa where white missionaries have not been able to penetrate. All under the name of fighting terrorism. But instead of attacking the so called terrorists the American backed forces keep slaughtering innocent civilians en masse while these negroes are cheerleading them on in the name of democracy. It's downright sickening to me.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
image.jpg

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
FWIW : i don't like muslims or islam, however i DO NOT SUPPORT the killing of muslims or anybody else based on sectarian issues.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black People : 24 Girls Who Were Kidnapped By Boko Haram Will Get Education Paid For By Black Billionaire Black People Open Forum 1
A Africa : Westerners Getting Kidnapped in Africa All Things Africa 4
Perfection Black People Politics : Pay attention to this story yall: Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou "kidnapped" Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : kidnapped woman freed by family...... Black People Open Forum 6
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : New Season / Black movies; DC snyper and free man kidnapped into slavery (?) Black Entertainment 0
D Black Jokes Humor : Kidnapped Cowboy Black Jokes Humor 2
F Black People : Aristide Says He Was Kidnapped Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Its true in the world that new girls often soften the conversation and hurl love on words and twirl boys minds like batons in parade but afraid of th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black Positive People : Create a self-love workshop for young black girls? Black People Doing Positive Things 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Black girls in US pushed out of school over racist and sexist school dress codes, report finds Black Education / Schools 1
A Black Poetry : For african american girls, african girls, and jamaican girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Ending the Adultification of Black Girls Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Everyone want money and hope folks think that's a funny joke so they laugh clear their throat girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
A Black Poetry : The gorgeous beauty of black girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Black Poetry : About all black girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Black Poetry : My new hot love poem for all black girls and for my dear light brown girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
A Black Poetry : My hot love poem from my heart and soul for all black girls and for my dear light brown girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A The Front Porch : For my dear light brown girls The Front Porch 4
A The Front Porch : My hot love poem for black girls. The Front Porch 3
IFE Black Women : Black Girls Rock Black Women 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : UN gives top prize to Chibok girls negotiator Nigeria 7
IFE Black Education / Schools : Black Girls Are Twice as Likely to Be Suspended, In Every State Black Education / Schools 0
IFE Black Positive People : Teen Sisters Write Book Urging Young Girls of Color to Celebrate Their Hair Black People Doing Positive Things 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Some of these girls begin to carry BEN AND JERRY ice cream // It's free today be a nice que Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
jamesfrmphilly Black People : black-women-and-girls-are-missing-and-no-one-seems-to-care Black People Open Forum 22
Senegal Black Men : Thought Provoking Advice For our Girls and Women Black Men 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : the-white-house-hosted-a-princess-party-for-115-black-girls Black People Doing Positive Things 5
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : black-teen-girls-speak at the-united-nations Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Al D Black People : Black girls' hair a national debate ( Racism in Pretoria Schools) Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black Sports : Kyrie Irving Denies ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party - Surrounded by White Girls Black Sports 35
Liberty Black Women : African-American girls in low-income, high-crime neighborhoods experience threats, objectification Black Women 0
R Black Poetry : Lots of jazz I see but as for me except for a few girls from true worlds of love I feel as good as I Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama pledges more than $100 million towards girls and women of color Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Black Yale Student Turned Away From Frat Party, Told ‘White Girls Only’ Black Education / Schools 35
Liberty Law Forum : Violent SC Arrest Reflects How African-American Girls Are Disproportionately Disciplined in Schools, Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Black Phoenix Science and Technology : Girls to Men:The astonishing Dominican village where little girls turn into boys Science and Technology 3
Destee Black Relationships : Girls are more forward - do not wait for the Boys to ask for the first date, etc. Black Relationships 3
Black Phoenix Black Education / Schools : Black Excellence: These Girls Won Top Prize in Hackathon for Creating Virtual Study App Black Education / Schools 0
Black Phoenix Black Education / Schools : Top 15 Little-Known Scholarships For Women and Girls in 2015/2016 Black Education / Schools 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Little girls send a “Letter to the President” about black people dying from police brutality Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Sandra Bland - ‘Say Her Name’ Turns Spotlight on Black Women and Girls Killed or Arrested by Police Black People Politics 132
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Black Girls Rock! 2015 Black Entertainment 2
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : Study: Black girls 6 times more likely to be suspended than white girls in New York schools Black Education / Schools 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : White House now turning to girls of color Black People Politics 0
Fine1952 Nigeria : More Than 60 Nigerian Girls And Women Escape Kidnappers Nigeria 5
Alarm Clock Nigeria : After 2 Months now, Where are the 300 Nigerian School Girls? Nigeria 30
cherryblossom Black Women : Dark Girls - movie Black Women 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Writing Discussion : The Mocha Girls Read Story Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
KPITRL Black People : Do you see good ole country girls or do you see more the dirty ole south? Black People Open Forum 5