Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Hello family as we kick off black history month
let the poetic pens flow & scribe about STRUGGLING
in anyway form or style in any topical way of our people
history or self or what struggling mean too you

POST ALL THREADS HERE <--------------<((((((

every week a new topic will post for the month!!!

let flow poet's to honor our month ............ :toast:

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
Be in Dis Field

It's another day
yet one day just
fall into the next
be in dis field, I must
can't play like the one
in da pretty dress
or eat when I want
wearin rags look a mess
I so hungry and tired
the sun beat my face
fingers bleeding from pickin
bugs flyin all over da place
I just want to cry
but I don't no more
my mama hug me tight
her back must be sore
bendin and pickin
with baby on her back
baby sister don't holla
if we stop they will attack
they watchin us, always
I pray when you
get big as me
you won't have to do
what I have to.....
be in dis field
pickin dis cotton

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
The Struggle .....

was a lable
unto many
at birth of
one's soul
in the deep
oppression
of slavery
and the hope
of making a
new journey
into life of
the systemize
where only
destruction
awaits the black
setting in two communities
of upper & lower
the true struggle
of lack support
of self own kind
and the death of
many forfathers
true struggles
of many
foodless
homeless
and jobless
in today's world
of struggling folkz
yet within da inner
power of da people
we fight back now
to rise in marchies
in speechies
in motion
the lable of our life
is a struggle at birth
we know pain

power to da people
and remember the
ancestor's before us
who made way for us
today remember for our
struggle is true freedom
of living continues

rasheed

Dec 27, 2003
Lawton, OK
Occupation
working for Paradise (Jannah)
The Truth and Freedom Fight

Some have strongly denied and continue to deny the humanity of others
Made harsh inhumane treatment an institution
While saying that all men in Christ are brothers
And producing a magnificent Constitution
Saying "We hold these truths to be self ev-id-ent
That all men are created equal..."
Therefore it is pro-vi-dent
That we now are engaged in this sequel
Men, women and children standing up everywhere
Refusing to be citizens of an underclass
Courageously meeting every dare
And ready to kick a s s
To make, if necessary
The noble words of liberty and justice for all stand throughout the world and nation
To silence the adversary
Stop reproduction of inhumane treatment by castration
Of lying, forked-tongued ideas that work against the way of right
Bringing home the realities of Dr. King's dreams
And the fruits of the labors of every one who has ever been, is now and will ever be in the truth and freedom fight

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Strugglin Families

Many many years
salty stain tears
strugglin fears
of families
like inner city locks
and heavy dem rocks
less food
open shoes
others ever so crul
yet striving for equality
in the hoods of wanna be's
talking taking control
calling name
pointing fingers for blame
what a shame to this race
that is facing da struggle
from the yesteryears
many many tears roll
as truth unfolds in the cold
did they know
it was we people who paved
da way for black folkz // colored
afro americans so they can stand
today high and mighty as sway
there tails
need to take a deeper look and
know one's ancestors of true
struggle & struggling

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black People : Other Than Honorable: Army Strips Benefits of Wounded Veterans by Kicking Them Out for Misconduct Black People Open Forum 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Kicking It LIVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Kicking Lyrics Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : Kicking flavor Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Queenie Sister's Only Chat : SISTER CHAT: Kicking it up a notch Black Women 8
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Kicking Life's *** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : $$RICH$$ KICKING INFO YALL Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
candeesweet Black Poetry : How it came off Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia coronavirus lockdown off to chaotic start Liberia 1
HODEE Black People Politics : The wheels could come off the global economy - NO Fear.. Just Be Awake and Be Ready for an OKE-Doke Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : “This is all chocolate but like a small rocket this stuff will take off had enough girl your cake is soft give me a break let me toss some words in yo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Powerlifting 82-year-old grandma fends off intruder: 'I'm old, I'm alone, but guess what? I'm tough' Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Chyko Black Entertainment : Drake Booed Off Stage At Tyler, The Creator’s festival Camp Flog Gnaw, Here's Why Black Entertainment 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Off repellent Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Toddler allegedly returns home from daycare with braid ripped off scalp: 'This is a lawsuit' Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black Billionaire Robert F. Smith during commencement address: I'll pay off your student debt Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : New ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Would Kick 181 Million Off Private Insurance Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Fox News hires former DNC chair Donna Brazile who left CNN after tipping off Clinton Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Patrick Mahomes not only tried a no-look pass, but pulled it off. Put him in the HOF already Black Sports 0
R Black Poetry : Can't proceed in sorrow need to win tomorrow girl my shirt off and you flirt soft alert I can toss w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : NASA blasts off space laser satellite to track ice loss Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : Romance is phat to glance at a chance for hats to come off Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Romance is phat to glance at a chance for hats to come off in respect of ARETHA FRANKLIN, my pie sho Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : make my mind trip lost you try kiss off my lipgloss Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Stores Pulling Romaine Lettuce Off Shelves Amid E. Coli Outbreak Black Health and Wellness 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : White mob wiped this all-black Florida town off the map, 60 years later their story was finally told African American History Culture 0
R Black Poetry : Drug slanging by new kid man hanging off the bridge like leaves on trees beg for his life like being Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Security robots used to ward off San Francisco's homeless population - Jogging humanoid robots Science and Technology 2
S Black People : Trolling Destee.com: "I Got Kicked Off Destee.com Today" Black People Open Forum 29
jamesfrmphilly Black People : simone-biles-voted-off-dwts despite perfect scores.. Black People Open Forum 1
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Bill O'Reilly Off Fox Network! Black Entertainment 10
R Black Poetry : High Off Him Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Put on some white Clothes & take off the black AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : elmo-laid-off-due to trump-budget-cuts Black People Politics 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: This is a girl’s BLACK HIP HOP the facts drip drop like water off a roof // A Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Everything prevail in order need a pail of water to cool off // And school cost nowadays a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black Jokes Humor : A Dance-Off...Hope you enjoy this! Black Jokes Humor 0
OldSoul OldSoul : How America became rich off of slavery OldSoul 6
Liberty Black Relationships : Are professional black women turned off by professional black men who are too independent? Black Relationships 5
Liberty Black Relationships : Are professional black men turned off by professional black women who are too independent? Black Relationships 51
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : How Stephen Curry and the Warriors pulled off one of the NBA's great comebacks Black Sports 34
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Here’s Why You Should Take All Your Photos Off the Internet Now Science and Technology 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : KKK Leader Endorses Hillary Clinton In Off Chance She's Undercover Hitler Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : My girl's legs stay soft and I start the day off with a smile so that's done with now must come wit Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Au Naturale by Dark and Lovely Kicks Off TextureMedia's Texture On The Runway Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : melissa-harris-perry-walks-off-show-msnbc Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : chaka-khan-a-vegan-diet-helped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs Black Health and Wellness 9
Liberty Black Entertainment : Yasiin Bey, the Former Mos Def, Shares New Song, Tells ISIS to ‘F*** Off’ in Interview Black Entertainment 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Walmart: Patti LaBelle pies are flying off shelves and selling on eBay for $40 Food Discussion and Recipes 12
R Black Poetry : look my ship is burdened lips are hurting just had to slap a cat cap off because he rap too soft mat Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1