Kenya : Kenyan woman defends her skin bleaching

Dreya

Jul 14, 2014
GA
Occupation
Applied computer arts
well must admit i never new bleaching and those lightnin creams was different - sooo learned something new today - no intention of tryin that stuff out though - perfectly happy with the shade i am - sides i so do not need another thing to worry about deciding on - bad enough trying to work out what to do with my hair without having to worry bout whether i wanna look a diferent shade

KPITRL

May 7, 2013
well must admit i never new bleaching and those lightnin creams was different - sooo learned something new today - no intention of tryin that stuff out though - perfectly happy with the shade i am - sides i so do not need another thing to worry about deciding on - bad enough trying to work out what to do with my hair without having to worry bout whether i wanna look a diferent shade
I'm sure it's all good.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Like I said, I've seen Obama in person. I've also seen Toni Prekwinkle in person. Under different lighting, you WILL appear lighter or darker than your true complexion:

One thing to note about BOTH of Obama's photos - light-skinned people have some yellow in their skin tones. In neither of Obama's photos is there even a hint of yellow. Which makes him, as I keep saying, "brown-skinned." (Prekwinkle's true coloring is a reddish-yellow cross between both pictures, i.e., not as red as in the first and not as washed out-looking in the 2nd; SHE is "light-skinned.")

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
http://www.blackskinlightening.com/dangerous-skin-bleaching-vs-safe-skin-lightening/

I read there was a difference between skin bleaching and skin lighting cream, as bleaching is much more dangerous. I don't think anybody here is for skin bleaching, although some may try to put words in your mouth and say you are. I heard that there are many safe skin-lighting cream procedures that aren't even discussed, as mentioned in this article. I mentioned in this thread that I know someone personally whose skin went from Florida Evans' (Good Times) complexion to Willonas, and it looked good on her. I'm sure she didn't bleach. I think she used skin-lighting cream. Or perhaps, after not seeing her for 30 years, she may have naturally changed to that complexion. She was from Louisiana. She may have even had a face lift. Of course I didn't ask her all that. I just know she was a least 5 years older than me, but looked younger than me, and I thought I looked young for my age...I think people just like to tell us that. Anyway, what brought me in this thread was when I heard someone criticize a black woman for wanting to be lighter, which doesn't mean looking light-skinned. I thought about this woman who I hadn't seen in 30 years, who was really my deceased cousins ex-girlfriend that he had a son with, who is now 33. I was kinda speaking in her defense, especially since her skin didn't peel off like an orange.

But on the other hand, I knew a girl that I worked with and dated who was even darker, and I can tell just by looking at her that she would not have looked better going anywhere near Willonas' complexion...she would have looked worst. I guess lighter skin compliments some, while others it could do the opposite.

I too agree that skin is just skin. I just don't like when people contradict themselves. Although you can probably hold your own, don't let the bullies intimidate you.
Yes, there is a difference. Skin lightening is not as drastic. I knew a guy with blotches on his face. He bought a product named Ambi. He used it night and day.
It was amazing how this cream, cleared his skin up and his complexion was even, smooth and beautiful. He walked with confidence and he was happier.

I agree KPITRL, the users of products like these are rewarded with a younger look.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Yes, there is a difference. Skin lightening is not as drastic. I knew a guy with blotches on his face. He bought a product named Ambi. He used it night and day.
It was amazing how this cream, cleared his skin up and his complexion was even, smooth and beautiful.

I agree KPITRL, the users of products like these are rewarded with a younger look.

I once fell for that mess. Wanted that "even skin tone" Ambi promised. Well, after a couple days use, my skin DID look clearer, brighter. A couple days more and I went: "Oh hayle to the NAW!" My beautiful brown skin was getting LIGHTER! Trust. Ambi "bleaches."

Oh, and I dumped it. I like the way I look. :)

P.S.
Ambi is owned by a WHITE South African company and no one knows how badly blacks wanna look as close to white and as far from African as possible than
apartheid-era Afrikkaneers. ;)

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
I once fell for that mess. Wanted that "even skin tone" Ambi promised. Well, after a couple days use, my skin DID look clearer, brighter. A couple days more and I went: "Oh hayle to the NAW!" My beautiful brown skin was getting LIGHTER! Trust. Ambi "bleaches."

P.S.
Ambi is owned by a WHITE South African company and no one knows how badly blacks wanna look as close to white and as far from African as possible than

P.S.
The post is not about who own the product, it was the effect of them on your skin. Yes, his skin lighten a little. He worked in concrete, an outside job. So he
kept it normal, by using it every other day, then week, then month to keep his skin color right!

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
The post is not about who own the product, it was the effect of them on your skin. Yes, his skin lighten a little. He worked in concrete, an outside job. So he
kept it normal, by using it every other day, then week, then month to keep his skin color right!

The post was about the effects of using the product AMBI. You brought it up, by name, which is why I gave MY experience with the product.... and added on who owned the skin lightening cream that they market in the U.S. as "evening out your skin tone," i.e., Afrikaneers.

Btw, figured out how to "even out" my skin tone - use DARKER make-up. ;)

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.