Science and Technology : Just how much of our science and technology is faked

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

ogoun

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 14, 2018
LOL

I worked for Panasonic in the 70's.

One technician zapped himself with a microwave. He was laid out on the floor when we found him. Now I own a Panasonic combo micrwave/convection oven. But no reliability data though.
Yeh it's funny if one manages to live through it.
Those caps. can and do kill.

Don't know what part you played within Panasonic but if it was in the engineering dept. you know where to find that 'book' of reliability data for each individual component of the oven all the way to the gauge of the wire to each component and how that gauge and the connections/connecters effects the life cycle of every down stream device it feeds.
How one could condense that 'book' into a single graph of any kind that would be meaningful for the general public consumer is well beyond me. After all they throw away perfectly good units for the most minor of reasons.

ogoun

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 14, 2018
LOL

I worked for Panasonic in the 70's.

One technician zapped himself with a microwave. He was laid out on the floor when we found him. Now I own a Panasonic combo micrwave/convection oven. But no reliability data though.

The next game changer 'machine' I'm looking at waiting for it to mature and into the larger public sphere is the induction method of heating. It stands to displace both gas and the very old fashioned electric coil/resistor type of cooking and heating.

umbrarchist

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 13, 2007
Don't know what part you played within Panasonic but if it was in the engineering dept. you know where to find that 'book' of reliability data for each individual component of the oven all the way to the gauge of the wire to each component and how that gauge and the connections/connecters effects the life cycle of every down stream device it feeds.
At the time I was just an electronics technician repairing their products at one of the many repair centers they must have had around the country. It was educational in seeing the huge variation in quality of products from a single company. At the time I had not heard of MTBF or Bathtub Curves but I could see how stuff broke. The same model of product breaking in the same way 40 to 60% of the time was curious. What would happen if they stopped the annual redesign of products but eliminated the flaws?

The rotating joint in that garbage broke constantly. Making stuff like that for kids is ridiculous. But back then the world population was still below 4 billion with no Pacific Garbage Patch.

Last edited:

jerrywil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 23, 2022
Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: