Black People : Jury Duty Scam

Goddess Auset333

Banned
Feb 9, 2007
Subject: FW: Jury Duty Scam
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 19:31:29 +0000

CHECK THIS OUT....

Please note the following information regarding a new scam in which the caller claims to be an official contacting you regarding not showing up for jury duty. Please remind employees that no one should ever ask for your social security number as a verification tool.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp

Subject: Jury Duty Scam

This has been verified by the FBI (Their link is also included below).

It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get this call. Most of us take those summons for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Give out any of this information and bingo, your identity just got stolen. The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illi nois and Colorado. This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving information by pretending they're with the court system.

The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud.

<HRsize=2 width="100%" align=center>
CONFIDENTIAL: This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. NBIS (including its affiliated companies) shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. NBIS does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Wow, thanks queen Goddess Auset. I only get those summons whenever I apply for a new state ID card. Of course, I don't respond because of my hearing and visual impairments. But nobody ever follows up on those letters. I just throw them away.

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
Goddess Auset333

thank you for such an informative post

appreciate it

and i will pass the info along

thank you so much

for loving and caring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Black People : From Jury duty to jail Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Jury: Jehovah's Witnesses must pay $35M to abuse survivor Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Jury awards $289M to a black man who blames Roundup for cancer Black People Doing Positive Things 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Michael Slager Jury Foreman Speaks Out On Mistrial In Walter Scott Shooting OldSoul 0
shaka64 Black People : LA Jury Awards $5 Million to Funk Legend Sly Stone Black People Open Forum 5
RAPTOR Black People : • Charles Barkley Supports Police After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision • Black People Open Forum 78
RAPTOR Black People Politics : President Obama: Grand jury decision not an ‘excuse for violence’ in Ferguson Black People Politics 3
KingSango Black People : How to get past the Ferguson Grand Jury decision. Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : "It is Officially Open Season on Black Folks": Legal Expert Decries Handling of Wilson Grand Jury Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
OldSoul OldSoul : An Open Letter from Protesters On The Grand Jury Decision (11.24.14) OldSoul 10
shaka64 Black People : Grand jury decides NOT to indict cop who killed John Crawford at Walmart Black People Open Forum 1
shaka64 Law Forum : 'Loud Music' Murder Trial Resumes After Hung Jury Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Jury reaches verdict on 4 of 5 counts in loud music trial Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 113
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Grand jury indicts police officer in shooting of ex-FAMU player Jonathan Ferrell Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
RAPTOR Black People : Jury Decides Not To Indict Randall Kerrick, Officer Who Fatally Shot Jonathan Ferrell Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Grand jury declines to indict NC cop who killed former FAMU footballer Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Khasm13 Khasm13 : just looked at the jury instructions for the zimmerman case.... Khasm13 3
Destee Law Forum : Grand Jury Indicts 35 In Connection With Atlanta Public Schools Cheating Scandal Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Writeous1 Black People : As Grand Jury Clears White Plains Police in Kenneth Chamberlain’s Death, New Tape Shows Fatal Raid Black People Open Forum 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Lookout Trayvon Martin shooting: no grand jury for Zimmerman Black People Open Forum 4
PatriceCQueen Black People : grand jury testimony about incidents concerning persons connected to penn state Black People Open Forum 1
Amnat77 Black People : Woman wins lawsuit(Portland jury tells police to ID themselves) Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IN JURY SELECTION Black People Open Forum 4
Khasm13 Khasm13 : will the jury have reasonable doubt? part1 Khasm13 2
G Black People : Grand Jury Indictments DO NOT Fit the Crime!!NYPD Murder of Sean Bell - Black People Open Forum 0
D Black People : The exorcist of racist views in jury by judge in case Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Michael Jackson Jury Deliberates Black People Open Forum 5
K Black People : Jury debates over Scott Peterson’s fate… Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : Walk around on the street dizzy have to keep busy my girl name Lizzy stuff in life no doubt double but his duty is to stay out of trouble see a girl “ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: Love and beauty boys know their duty he had a wiry plot that was fiery and // Intense fee Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: my mad duty is to add beauty to rap but a cutie zap // my eyes right here in Virginia Beac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : my mad duty is to add beauty to rap but a cutie zap // my eyes right here in Virginia Beach and n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : OFF DUTY BLACK NYPD OFFICERS FEEL THREATENED Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
1poetsought Quiet Poetry Lounge : Call to Duty Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
skuderjaymes Black People : one person on active duty kills himself every day; one veteran dies by his own hand every 80 mins Black People Open Forum 5
ru2religious Black People : REALLY!!! Again? Rekia Boyd murdered by off duty Detective Black People Open Forum 20
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : To Whom Is An Attorney's First Duty? Black Money Business Jobs 3
RAPTOR Black People : Off duty black cop catching a barrage of snowballs by white bystanders Black People Open Forum 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Active-duty Navy Seal & Ex-Marines supply firepower to racist street gangs. Black People Open Forum 4
MsInterpret Black People : Is it your duty to tell someone that they are not black? Black People Open Forum 45
Ankhur Black People : Do we have a duty to save Africa from exploitation and neocolonization? Black People Open Forum 6
I Black People : To ALL the Brothers doing "Daddy Duty"! Black People Open Forum 4
J Black People : Is it a Conspiracy?:Off-duty cop kills honor student Black People Open Forum 5
P Black Haiku : Duty Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
HODEE Black People Politics : What in the World is He Doing? He selling us into four more years of this scam like Kayne W. was Trying To Do Black People Politics 3
HODEE Black People : FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION -{ $141_ MILLION from University Scam } Look Out There Are ( 100's ) of These Listed Scam's Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Yvette Carnell and Za Za Ali: Are they both cut from the same scam cloth? Black People Politics 2
Kemetstry Black People : GOFUNDME SCAM Black People Open Forum 0
Chidike Black People Politics : Donald Trump To Pay $25 Million In Compensation For His Fraudulent Trump University Scam Black People Politics 4
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : "Teach For America is part of an elite bipartisan scam to privatize public education" Black Education / Schools 4