Law Forum : Judges Plead Guilty in Scheme to Jail Youths for Profit

freddie419

Banned
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
Judges Plead Guilty in Scheme to Jail Youths for Profit

upload_2017-5-14_16-6-13.png

"...The answers became a bit clearer on Thursday as the judge, Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., and a colleague, Michael T. Conahan, appeared in federal court in Scranton, Pa., to plead guilty to wire fraud and income tax fraud for taking more than $2.6 million in kickbacks to send teenagers to two privately run youth detention centres run by PA Child Care and a sister company, Western PA Child Care..."

upload_2017-5-14_16-7-13.png

Prosecutors say Judges Michael T. Conahan, and Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., above, took kickbacks to send teenagers to detention centres. Credit David Kidwell/Associated Press

Ok it's an old news story but this is what I believe goes on in the US judicial system.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/us/13judge.html

freddie419

Banned
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.