Black Positive People : Judge sets rules for suit over Jackson doctor

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Well, its final, the jury says AEG was not guilty of being negligent in the hiring of Dr. Propofil, as Michael's doc.
SMH.
This family can't get a break. Michael should still be here. Someone, especially a doc, should have turned in so help could be demanded by law enforcers.

Like REHAB....whether Michael liked it or not.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Jones' lawsuit states the producer's contracts called for him to have the first opportunity to re-edit or alter the songs, in part to protect his reputation.

Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Quincy Jones sued Michael Jackson's estate claiming he is owed millions in royalties and production fees on some of the superstar's greatest hits.
Jones' lawsuit Friday seeks at least $10 million from the singer's estate and Sony Music Entertainment, claiming the entities improperly re-edited songs to deprive him of royalties and production fees. The music has been used in the film "This Is It" and a pair of Cirque du Soleil shows based on the King of Pop's songs, the lawsuit states.
Jones also claims that he should have received a producer's credit on the music in "This Is It." His lawsuit seeks an accounting of the estate's profits from the works so that Jones can determine how much he is owed.
The producer worked with Jackson on three of his most popular solo albums, "Off the Wall," ''Thriller" and "Bad."
Jackson's estate wrote in a statement that it was saddened by Jones' lawsuit. "To the best of its knowledge, Mr. Jones has been appropriately compensated over approximately 35 years for his work with Michael," the statement said.

FILE - Quincy Jones arrives at the world premiere of the music video for Paul McCartney's song, "My …

http://music.yahoo.com/news/quincy-jones-sues-michael-jacksons-estate-234722613.html

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Quincy Jones sued Michael Jackson's estate claiming he is owed millions in royalties and production fees on some of the superstar's greatest hits.
Jones' lawsuit Friday seeks at least $10 million from the singer's estate and Sony Music Entertainment, claiming the entities improperly re-edited songs to deprive him of royalties and production fees. The music has been used in the film "This Is It" and a pair of Cirque du Soleil shows based on the King of Pop's songs, the lawsuit states.
Jones also claims that he should have received a producer's credit on the music in "This Is It." His lawsuit seeks an accounting of the estate's profits from the works so that Jones can determine how much he is owed.
The producer worked with Jackson on three of his most popular solo albums, "Off the Wall," ''Thriller" and "Bad."
Jackson's estate wrote in a statement that it was saddened by Jones' lawsuit. "To the best of its knowledge, Mr. Jones has been appropriately compensated over approximately 35 years for his work with Michael," the statement said.

FILE - Quincy Jones arrives at the world premiere of the music video for Paul McCartney's song, "My …

http://music.yahoo.com/news/quincy-jones-sues-michael-jacksons-estate-234722613.html
Bro. Clyde, your link carried me to a yahoo link that didn't have Q's story as a selection.
I'm sorry to see all of these things happening. If course I want Q to be paid, but why wait so long to file this. Why not before MJ died.
Messy, messy, messy.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Bro. Clyde, your link carried me to a yahoo link that didn't have Q's story as a selection.
I'm sorry to see all of these things happening. If course I want Q to be paid, but why wait so long to file this. Why not before MJ died.
Messy, messy, messy.

Yes indeed, its all very messy butterfly#1, however, the article did speak to issues surrounding Michael's last album: This is It

The music has been used in the film "This Is It" and a pair of Cirque du Soleil shows based on the King of Pop's songs, the lawsuit states.

Try the link again, it worked for me.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Yes indeed, its all very messy butterfly#1, however, the article did speak to issues surrounding Michael's last album: This is It

The music has been used in the film "This Is It" and a pair of Cirque du Soleil shows based on the King of Pop's songs, the lawsuit states.

Try the link again, it worked for me.

Thanks

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: