Black Spirituality Religion : Jews revive annual pilgrimage to Africa's oldest synagogue

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... My interest primarily rests with the synagogue, El Ghriba; made from Moorish architectural design.

The El Ghriba synagogue, home to most of Tunisia's Jews, is built on the site of a Jewish temple that is believed to date back almost 1,900 years.

250px-El_Ghriba.jpg

Jews revive annual pilgrimage to Africa's oldest synagogue

2013-04-27T152347Z_1_CBRE93Q16RR00_RTROPTP_2_TUNISIA-JEWS.JPG

Reuters/Reuters - A Jewish woman prays for blessings as she buries her face in the colourful scarves pinned on the Grand Menorah in the blue-tiled El Ghriba synagogue on the Tunisian island of Djerba, May 10, 2012. REUTERS/Anis Mili

By Tarek Amara
DJERBA, Tunisia (Reuters) - Africa's oldest synagogue is playing host to that rarity in the Arab world - a religious gathering of hundreds of Jews drawn from Europe and Israel.
Guarded by armed Tunisian police, Jewish revelers chant and dance in a three-day pilgrimage to theEl Ghriba synagogue at an island resort 500 km south of Tunis.
In 2011, after the uprising that toppled former president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, the annual celebration was canceled and in 2012 only a few dozen Jews attended out of fear of possible attacks by hardline Islamists.
http://news.yahoo.com/jews-revive-annual-pilgrimage-africas-oldest-synagogue-152347681.html

Peace In,

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... My interest primarily rests with the synagogue, El Ghriba; made from Moorish architectural design.

250px-El_Ghriba.jpg

Jews revive annual pilgrimage to Africa's oldest synagogue

2013-04-27T152347Z_1_CBRE93Q16RR00_RTROPTP_2_TUNISIA-JEWS.JPG

Reuters/Reuters - A Jewish woman prays for blessings as she buries her face in the colourful scarves pinned on the Grand Menorah in the blue-tiled El Ghriba synagogue on the Tunisian island of Djerba, May 10, 2012. REUTERS/Anis Mili

By Tarek Amara
DJERBA, Tunisia (Reuters) - Africa's oldest synagogue is playing host to that rarity in the Arab world - a religious gathering of hundreds of Jews drawn from Europe and Israel.
Guarded by armed Tunisian police, Jewish revelers chant and dance in a three-day pilgrimage to theEl Ghriba synagogue at an island resort 500 km south of Tunis.
In 2011, after the uprising that toppled former president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, the annual celebration was canceled and in 2012 only a few dozen Jews attended out of fear of possible attacks by hardline Islamists.
http://news.yahoo.com/jews-revive-annual-pilgrimage-africas-oldest-synagogue-152347681.html

Peace In,

The Jews seemed to have settled all over the world.

Bridgetown Jewish Synagogue

barbados-jewish-synagogue.jpg
One of the Barbados.org's "Seven Wonders Of Barbados!"
There is currently one synagogue situated in Bridgetown. Built in the 17th century (1654) it was destroyed by hurricane in 1831, was rebuilt, fell into disrepair and was sold in 1929.
In 1983, it was bought back by the Jewish community and was restored to its present state with its beautiful Gothic arches, and is now a Barbados National Trust protected building and an active synagogue. Located next to the synagogue is the Nidhe Israel Museum.
About 300 Jewish people of Recife, Brazil, persecuted by the Dutch, settled in Barbados in the 1660's. Skilled in the sugar industry, they quickly introduced the crop and passed on their skills in cultivation and production to the Barbados land owners.
With their help Barbados went on to become one of the world's majorsugar producers.
The synagogue is located within the World Heritage Site - Historic Bridgetown and Its Garrison.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The Jews seemed to have settled all over the world.

Bridgetown Jewish Synagogue

barbados-jewish-synagogue.jpg
One of the Barbados.org's "Seven Wonders Of Barbados!"
There is currently one synagogue situated in Bridgetown. Built in the 17th century (1654) it was destroyed by hurricane in 1831, was rebuilt, fell into disrepair and was sold in 1929.
In 1983, it was bought back by the Jewish community and was restored to its present state with its beautiful Gothic arches, and is now a Barbados National Trust protected building and an active synagogue. Located next to the synagogue is the Nidhe Israel Museum.
About 300 Jewish people of Recife, Brazil, persecuted by the Dutch, settled in Barbados in the 1660's. Skilled in the sugar industry, they quickly introduced the crop and passed on their skills in cultivation and production to the Barbados land owners.
With their help Barbados went on to become one of the world's majorsugar producers.
The synagogue is located within the World Heritage Site - Historic Bridgetown and Its Garrison.

Yes Ma'am sister dunwiddat, the Bible is a book of prophecy:

Ezekiel 11:17-20

King James Version (KJV)
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Our concern with this however is determining just who God's chosen people are that have been scattered.

And in my estimation, dark skinned African people represent the majority of those suffering in the diaspora; contrary to what has been taught, excluding blacks from prophecy.

Peace In,

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Why do Jews go here every year? What holy significance does it hold?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Israel to 'immediately' bring over 2,000 Ethiopian Jews Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
crwn Black People : ✡️THE JEWS AND SLAVERY Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: The Beastie Boys--Jews in whiteface Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: The Black Jews of Harlem-- Representation, Identity, and Race, 1920-1939 Black People Politics 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : VIDEO-Jews are African American Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Ethiopian Jews threaten mass hunger strike over Israel move Christian Study Group 0
Fine1952 Black People : ZIONIST JEWS & THE 9/11 COVER-UP Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Jews Blackmailed Wilson Into WW I Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Stop Being So Arrogant, White Jews. Black Lives Matter Is Not About You. Black People Politics 2
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : How To Silence Jews who Questions Our Hebrew Identity in a Few Words Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did Jews help the Egyptians build the Pyramids? AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Bible Expert’s Surprising Findings About Jews and Judaism Revealed in the New Testament Christian Study Group 0
SeedyMartini Black Spirituality Religion : Do you believe Jews/ Jesus was black? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 205
RAPTOR Black People : Donald Sterling says Jews help their own, but successful African Americans do not Black People Open Forum 60
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Roman Slant in the gospels: No land for the Jews??? AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Book Of Malachi's Ovens of the Jews in NT AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Mike Huckabee and Ovens for Jews???? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : CaNNIBALISM: The sin of military defeat of Jews AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Ethiopia : How Israel Forcibly Sterilized Ethiopian Jews Ethiopia 1
Fine1952 African American History Culture : the so-Called Jews: Perpetrators of Our Maafa/Black Holocaust African American History Culture 11
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The Original Jews Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Nasser: THE JEWS LEFT BLACK, AND RETURNED WHITE African American History Culture 1
John Williams Black Spirituality Religion : Question about the Jews Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Why/How NT writers tricked Jews/Christians AACOOLDRE 0
I Black Spirituality Religion : 1 Cor. 1:23; A question for Christians about the Jews Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Jews Wrote The Koran Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 64
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Luke & War of the Jews link AACOOLDRE 2
Writspirit The Front Porch : Jewish Man Talks About Apartheid Practiced Against The Palestinians by Zionist Jews. The Front Porch 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How jews stole all the Egyptian stories AACOOLDRE 4
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : Attention!!! Black People Are The Real Jews? Not Africans! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Jews Selling Blacks African American History Culture 13
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : We the Black Jews AACOOLDRE 9
Eccl 12vs13 Black Christians : So Who's Lying? God? Or Those That Call Themselves Jews? Christian Study Group 0
Eccl 12vs13 Black Spirituality Religion : So Who's Lying? God? Or Those That Call Themsleves Jews? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 85
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Taxes on Jews in Ancient Rome AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Phallic symbol & Jews AACOOLDRE 1
N Black Spirituality Religion : Were the Jews embracing Paul's message Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : War of the Jews & The New Testament AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Black People : The Ten% Jews Black People Open Forum 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : What are the Jews to us on an esoteric level? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : The Truth Is In the Words - African connection to the so-Called Jews Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Hebrew Israelites : Israel Rejects Black Hebrews As Jews Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 47
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Volume 2 Blacks & Jews AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Black People : The secret Relationship Between Blacks & Jews Black People Open Forum 1
Amnat77 Ethiopia : Israel accused of STERILIZING Ethiopian Jews to rid the country of African bloodlines Ethiopia 21
ocacia Black Spirituality Religion : Why are Jews so powerful? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Q. Why Do Jews Reject The Biblical JC? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
Ankhur Black People : European Jews claim to Isreal; proved False by their own Scholar Black People Open Forum 19
Khasm13 Khasm13 : did the jews help the moors.... Khasm13 2