South Africa : Jacob Zuma/South Africa

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Did you see the funeral yesterday?

Bishop Tutu clearly was there. Cameras showed him among the clergy as they walked among the mourners to Madiba's grave site in Qunu.

Yes I did bro. Omowale Jabali, and thanks for making sure I wasn't off track, it was after 5 AM before I went to bed, lol. I had posted the information on Tutu, here:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/south-african-icon-nelson-mandela-hospitalized.74211/page-3#post-850034

With this Thread, I'm trying to keep all relevant information on President Zuma, in tact.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Yes I did bro. Omowale Jabali, and thanks for making sure I wasn't off track, it was after 5 AM before I went to bed, lol. I had posted the information on Tutu, here:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/south-african-icon-nelson-mandela-hospitalized.74211/page-3#post-850034

With this Thread, I'm trying to keep all relevant information on President Zuma, in tact.

Ok but Zuma was not responsible for the invites and the article was not true and it's after the event which makes it's posting misleading.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
Did you see the funeral yesterday?

Bishop Tutu clearly was there. Cameras showed him among the clergy as they walked among the mourners to Madiba's grave site in Qunu.
Has ANYONE ever seen Nelson Mandela's speech [below] in Havana in 1991 published anywhere by the West's mass media?

Mandela himself viewed the Cuban intervention as a selfless act of solidaristic internationalism) it is clear that Cuba did play a vital role in sustaining the ANC, demoralising the apartheid regime, and inspiring black Africa to believe that the army of the “white giants” could be defeated. In a speech he gave in Havana during his visit to Cuba in 1991 Mandela declared that:

The decisive defeat of the aggressive apartheid forces destroyed the myth of the invincibility of the white oppressor. The defeat of the apartheid army served as an inspiration to the struggling people of South Africa. Without the defeat of Cuito Cuanavale our organizations would not have been legalized.

The defeat of the racist army in Cuito Cuanavale made it possible for me to be here with you today. Cuito Cuanavale marks the divide in the struggle for the liberation of southern Africa. Cuito Cuanavale marked an important step in the struggle to free the continent and our country of the scourge of apartheid.

Given the media's usual depiction of the Cold War as a goodies vs. baddies morality play in which unpalatable facts about western support for quasi-fascist regimes, massacre and genocide,[iv]are largely excluded from the conventional narrative it is hardly surprising that Cuba's role in aiding the overthrow of apartheid (and the west's shameful support for the regime) has also largely vanished down the memory hole
The media's neglect of the historical context was all the more strikingwhen one considers that Raul Castro was honoured by being just one of five foreign heads of state to make a speech at the state memorial service (quite clearly in recognition of Cuba's role in the struggle to defeat the apartheid regime). The media also failed to note that during his speech the American president did not utter a single word of apology for the United States’ crucial role in supporting the regime (which may even have extended to providing South African security forces with the intelligence that allowed them to arrest Mandela): the media preferred to focus on much more crucial matters, such as the employment of an apparently fake sign language interpreter during Obama's widely lauded, yet typically platitudinous, speech.

Sekou, are you going to tell US why Nelson Mandela’s own words [above] from his speech when he visited Havana in 1991 have NEVER EVER been publicized outside of Southern Africa in general [were conspicuously absent from being quoted at his funeral], in Europe and the West specifically?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Zuma Rising
Can South Africa survive Jacob Zuma?

By: Charlayne Hunter-Gault | Posted: May 7, 2009 at 6:43 AM

On Saturday, South Africa will roll out its red carpet and put on the dog, as only it can. If the past is anything to go by, there will be plenty of pageantry and poetry and a few staid speeches as big planes fly in salute over the old Union Buildings in Pretoria. It will be an occasion for South African women to don their finest—some in traditional African attire, others in stunning styles from francophone Africa, Paris and Brazil.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... A lot has changed in five (5) years ...

South Africa's Archbishop Tutu says he will not vote ANC

JOHANNESBURG, April 23 (Reuters) - Retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu, one of the champions of South Africa's struggle for democracy, said on Wednesday he will not vote for the ruling African National Congress (ANC) party in an election on May 7.

"I won't vote for them (ANC). I say that with a heavy heart," Tutu told reporters in Cape Town, after praising former liberators within the ANC, including the late Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first black president.

http://www.trust.org/item/20140423162313-5j7u5

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍