Black People : Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed; graphically illustrating that t

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
PROGRAMMED
From conception to the day we’re born, constant growth/learning;
Even in our infant years masses of information, discipline, tears.
Which is all very necessary to instil an orderly view of life in you,
Parameters, a safe domain, beyond which lies restraining/real pain.
Adopting parental values with no real clue as to their being false/true,
Automatically soaking up input without any vaguely critical bias or view;
Analytical quality assessment, unnecessary to our very simplistic review
Of doctrines well meaning/malicious, innocuous or totally BRUTAL/VICIOUS.
Instinctively we climb, discarding our innocent! Happy nursery rhymes,
Insatiable in our searching for more, and more reliable data to use/store.
Our natural progression deviously hijacked by the Mass- Media’s obsession,
Always guiding/deciding our direction or reaction to every socio-economic action.
CONTROLLING how we grow, so subtly maintaining our Elitist status quo;
Those very sinister shadows whose motives/identities we don’t even know.
Constantly they’ll engage in sophisticated/manipulative manoeuvres/games,
Our insane reality’s focused BARBARITY disguised by token gestures of charity.
Ask a man of any technical SCIENCE at all you’ll see, they will all agree
That one plus one will never ever make three, making it harder to perceive
So many’s sincere belief in our SYSTEM’S inequalities ever being eased;
Or somehow dreamily evolving into a Socio-Culturally fair-minded resolve.
Don’t confuse constructive criticism with pure malice and racial hate;
Analytical Controllers are brutally enhancing repression by the State.
But I’ve been totally indoctrinated, programmed how to think, like you;
I’m attempting to escape mine, with a conscious effort YOU can try too.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
Occupation
Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed;
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

After writing this poem, I decided to get some feedback from other poets at the a Poetry Workshop that used to be on Monday evenings at the Poetry Society [when it was housed in a rather grand building in Earls Court Square up until the mid 1990’s] here in London, UK called The Poetry Round!

After reading this poem, I then listened as some of the other poets responded with their thoughts, with most of them attempting to highlight/explain exactly why THEY didn’t consider themselves to be PROGRAMMED?
What is your take/perspective on why their only response was silence when I said to them

Which is [my usual tag at the end of my posts] what this thread’s title is meant to be [is there any way of me squeezing that in or is it too long a title]?

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
Everyone is programmed to some extent, your experiences and day to day dealings offer more of a measuring stick to where you are at than anything. The thing is do you question the "programming" to see within your mind's eye to check validity? Show me someone who has all the answers to everything and I will show you someone who is lost like a mutha.

Always question and research. Life is a journey, you have people stating you must do this, or you should watch out for that, or whatever. All I say is truly dig deep within yourself and reach for your mind to be right and you should be on your way. Albeit not everyone is the same, and not everyone has similar mental makeups so no approach will be perfect for everyone. But on the real, I believe most know what is right and wrong and choose to do whichever. No voices, no devil, no past bad experience, just weakness and lowest common denominator thinking.

Those are my thoughts, someone may come along and state I am completely wrong and I would say that their subroutines do not mesh with mine (a little dry programming humor there).

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
Occupation
What an absolutely SUPERB POST!

quote="houserunner, post: 832561, member: 24584"Everyone is programmed to some extent, your experiences and day to day dealings offer more of a measuring stick to where you are at than anything. The thing is do you question the "programming" to see within your mind's eye to check validity?

Show me someone who has all the answers to everything and I will show you someone who is lost like a mutha.

Always question and research. Life is a journey, you have people stating you must do this, or you should watch out for that, or whatever.

All I say is truly dig deep within yourself and reach for your mind to be right and you should be on your way. Albeit not everyone is the same, and not everyone has similar mental makeups so no approach will be perfect for everyone. But on the real, I believe most know what is right and wrong and choose to do whichever.

No voices, no devil, no past bad experience, just weakness and lowest common denominator POOR thinking.

Those are my thoughts, someone may come along and state I am completely wrong and I would say that their subroutines do not mesh with mine (a little dry programming humor there) ROFL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SwagII Black Relationships : Sex Isn't Always The Reason... Black Relationships 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : Isn't Church In Association With Religion, Professional Businesses? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
HODEE Black People Politics : State Laws Governing Early Voting - Pennsylvania for some reason isn't included Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Hysteria about the Supreme Court vacancy isn't about abortion — it's about reparations Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
Orisons Black People : Isn't Cyberspace CENSORSHIP standard in the West? Black People Open Forum 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Death isn't the end of the story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Being Blackballed Because He Knelt for Anthem - Rule violates 1st Amendment Black Sports 241
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Kid? Everything Isn’t as It Seems in Fox’s New Series Shots Fired Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels says racism isn’t ‘real’ because he doesn’t ’embrace’ it Black Entertainment 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Why Columbus Day isn’t really a national holiday Black People Open Forum 11
nilevalley Black People : New York daily News says "It isn't a joke any more" Black People Open Forum 1
nilevalley Black People Politics : Who is "smarter than a 5th grader?" it certainly isn't trump! Black People Politics 7
Lrae Black Entertainment : Prince Jackson is admitting it ... there's a chance Michael Jackson isn't his biological parent Black Entertainment 9
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Isn't Only Against Reparations, She Accepted Money from Prison Lobbyists Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People : The Term ‘White Tears’ Is Funny, but What It Often Leads to Isn’t Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Pan-Africanism : Why It Isn't Possible For Black Americans To Appropriate African Culture Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 86
Orisons Black People : Sandra Bland isn't the first is she, just the latest African American victim of Texas's Racist Cops? Black People Open Forum 12
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Why Charleston Shooter Dylan Roof Isn't a “Terrorist” But Maybe Some of Us Are Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Next Time Someone Says 'White Privilege Isn't Real,' Show Them This Black People Open Forum 0
Lakeesha T Health and Wellness : Ebola isn't Real Black Health and Wellness 21
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Whoa! This “Dollar Store” Isn’t Even a Dollar Store Black Money Business Jobs 0
legit-writer Black People : The Past Isn't Always The Past Black People Open Forum 10
candeesweet Black Spirituality Religion : Why isn't Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
MsInterpret Black Spirituality Religion : Your belief isn't my business nor concern. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : Why Isn't Closing 129 Chicago Public Schools National News? Black Education / Schools 21
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Victor Wooten - Isn't She Lovely Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : "When God Was A Black Woman, And Why She Isn't Now" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 60
chuck Black People : Who Else Isn't Expected To Play Their 'Race' Card(s)? Black People Open Forum 3
chuck African American History Culture : Isn't The Real Roots Of Our Issues/Problems What Was Hyped During The Blackspoitation Movie Era? African American History Culture 217
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Isn't It Ironic That So Many Nations Are Experiencing Economic Crisis Black People Politics 21
Bootzey African American History Culture : Something to think about: Troy Davis isn't the 1st.... African American History Culture 12
Full Speed Audio Video Web Conferencing : New Edition - If It Isn't Love Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black People : America isn't dumbing down.... Black People Open Forum 4
MsInterpret Black People : WHOA!! This woman says she isn't racist, but sounds like it. Black People Open Forum 11
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Life Is Sacred, But Living Isn’t Neccessary Fair Chief Elder Osiris 1
ru2religious Black People Politics : Dr. Michael Eric Dyson: Obama isn't Moses, he is Pharaoh Black People Politics 21
river Black People : Isn't it Time We Get Our Own? Black People Open Forum 25
P Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : there isn't one type of hair Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 17
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : WHEN LIFE ISN'T ENOUGH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
river Black Spirituality Religion : Who Decides what is Truth and What Isn't? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 36
naija-man Black Spirituality Religion : The Black Man is/isn't God........... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 36
nevar Black Poetry : Isn't it funny how you think I've betrayed you...somebody have told you wrong... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
A Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : My hair isn't growing Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
kente417mojo Black Jokes Humor : This isn't a joke, but it's funny Black Jokes Humor 2
I Black People : Muslim Cartoon Controversy: What The Media Isn't Telling You Black People Open Forum 0
B Black People : Why isn't Nat Turner held in the same regard as Martin Luther King? Black People Open Forum 18
P Zimbabwe : Great Zimbabwe, Africa's Great Ruin (Egypt isn't Africa's only wonder) Zimbabwe 4
K Black Picture Image Gallery : Krazelyricks isn't so young anymore Black Picture Image Gallery 15
P Black People : Bush decided Gay Marriage isn't that important afterall! Black People Open Forum 3
HODEE Black Poetry : This isn't my GODS World! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9