Black People : Is the Bush Administration using the passing of Rosa Parks as a policial opportunity?

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
With our sister Rosa Parks laying in honor in the Rotunda, Washington D.C. (the 1st woman to be honored in this fashion), and with flags scheduled to be flown half-staff on her burial Wednesday.....I'm pleased to see our warrior ancestor get the recognition she deserves. Sister Parks has received honor from thousands of visitors (mostly black), while in Washington & Alabama. Most of these are ordinary people, who recognized how her actions opened doors for them. She has also been honored by celebrities like Oprah Windrey; and Aretha Franklin; to Politicians like Donald Rumsfield; Condoleezza Rice, who was quoted as saying, "without Mrs. Parks, I probably would not be standing here today as secretary of state"; and of course the president: George W. Bush. Although there is no doubt that many of the people honoring sister Parks are doing so honestly. The sceptic in me can't help but wonder if the likes of George Bush, Donald Rumsfield, and Condoleezza Rica are using this unfortunate event as a political opportunity? The Bush administration has a horrible track record dealing with the African American community, this record has further diminished after their handling of Katrina. I am further doubtful that an administration which seems to have such contempt for Civil Rights Laws, can truly appreciate the role of Rosa Parks. Am I alone in this opinion or does the rest of the family agree with me?

watzinaname

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
panafrica said:
With our sister Rosa Parks laying in honor in the Rotunda, Washington D.C. (the 1st woman to be honored in this fashion), and with flags scheduled to be flown half-staff on her burial Wednesday.....I'm pleased to see our warrior ancestor get the recognition she deserves. Sister Parks has received honor from thousands of visitors (mostly black), while in Washington & Alabama. Most of these are ordinary people, who recognized how her actions opened doors for them. She has also been honored by celebrities like Oprah Windrey; and Aretha Franklin; to Politicians like Donald Rumsfield; Condoleezza Rice, who was quoted as saying, "without Mrs. Parks, I probably would not be standing here today as secretary of state"; and of course the president: George W. Bush. Although there is no doubt that many of the people honoring sister Parks are doing so honestly. The sceptic in me can't help but wonder if the likes of George Bush, Donald Rumsfield, and Condoleezza Rica are using this unfortunate event as a political opportunity? The Bush administration has a horrible track record dealing with the African American community, this record has further diminished after their handling of Katrina. I am further doubtful that an administration which seems to have such contempt for Civil Rights Laws, can truly appreciate the role of Rosa Parks. Am I alone in this opinion or does the rest of the family agree with me?

No, you are not alone Pan. I certainly believe that Rosa Parks was deserving of this honor. But I couldn't help but wonder, so now are Black people supposed to think that all is right in our world, because the Bush administration decided to honor the sister in this way? I think not... A more meaningful way to honor her memory, would be to start governing this country in a manner that respects her people as actual American citizens. Not as descendents of slaves who are merely pests that need to be placated when they occasionally get tired of being treated as such, and rise up in unity enough to cause major problems to the powers that be....

karmashines

BANNED
Feb 26, 2005
panafrica said:

Condelezza Rice was out buying clothes and shoes while blacks were dying out in New Orleans. And other than that statement she has done nothing to show that she even cares what is going on with the black community. So I personally think it's a bunch of bull along with along with anything Bush says.

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
my memory is bad...........

but didn't Parks vote republican?
and doesn't she bear a striking resemblance to C Rice?
or is it just me?

Nisa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
jamesfrmphilly said:
but didn't Parks vote republican?
and doesn't she bear a striking resemblance to C Rice?
or is it just me?
You should just :killpc:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Isaiah Black People : HUGO CHAVEZ ON THE TERRORIST ADMINISTRATION OF GEORGE BUSH Black People Open Forum 1
MANASIAC Black People : Reasons Why the Bush ADministration is Worst Than Nixon (An Opinion) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : George HW Bush's presidential campaign was nothing to be proud of Black People Politics 11
Kemetstry Black Positive People : THE BUSH FAMILY Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Botswana : George W. Bush: PEPFAR saves millions of lives in Africa. Keep it fully funded Botswana 1
Destee Namibia : Former U.S. President Bush Visiting Namibia Tomorrow Namibia 1
chuck Black People Politics : Let Us Be Honest About The Bush Legacy!! Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Jeb Bush Wants A Recession In Washington. For African-Americans, There Already Is One. Black People Politics 10
Liberty Black People Politics : Jeb Bush Says Unlike Others, He Won’t Give African Americans ‘Free Stuff’ Black People Politics 1
Black Phoenix Black People Politics : Jeb Bush: I misspoke about women's health funding Black People Politics 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : "President George W. Bush Knew Everything About CIA Interrogation" Black People Politics 0
chuck Black People : Bush Jr Vs Obama: Really Who's Fault Was Or Is It? Black People Open Forum 5
KPITRL Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : The Truth about the Afro (The Bush) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 23
E Black People Politics : President G.W. Bush & Company's LIES about Iraq costed 4,489 American lives... Black People Politics 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Was Aleister Crowley Barbara Bush's Father? Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Burnin' Bush - Earth, Wind & Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Libya : Obama/Bush, Tanzania; no Coincidence? Libya type op planned for the Congo? Libya 1
thePreacher Black People Politics : Bush convicted of war crimes Black People Politics 8
skuderjaymes Black People : Uncommon Knowledge: George W. Bush On His Presidency Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People Politics : Wow. So a woman once accused President Bush of rape. Black People Politics 1
skuderjaymes Black People Politics : 1992 Presidential Debate with Bush, Clinton & Ross Perot Black People Politics 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Ex-CIA Interrogator: Obama's War on Terror Is Less Ethical Than Bush's Black People Politics 0
Ankhur Black People : Like Pinochet in Spain, War Criminals Bush/Cheney, put on trial in Malaysia Black People Open Forum 0
Black-king Black People Politics : Ending The War In Iraq: How Obama's Own Rhetoric -- And George Bush's Pact -- Black People Politics 0
Black-king Black People Politics : Obama Campaign Drops The George W. Bush Talking Point Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : 911 Poem Aganist BUSH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People Politics : Obama and Bush /together this Morning at Ground Zero Black People Politics 0
Mad Skillz Black People Politics : CIA Lawyer: Obama 'Endorsed' Nearly All Bush Programs Black People Politics 14
Chevron Dove Black Christians : A Bramble Bush or the Tree! The TROUBLE with Ancient Black Civilizations? Christian Study Group 16
Ankhur Black People Politics : President invites Bush to Ground Zero/ should instead invite that zero to go to jail! Black People Politics 1
Ankhur Black People : Bush Provided many with Wealth and Fame Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : George Bush Jr's Speech about Saddam Hussein Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : Bush Era Torture Expert, Appointed to Mental Asssitance for Military Families (???) Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Somalia : Wikileak; Bush behind Ethiopia's Invasion of Somalia Somalia 0
Ankhur Nigeria : George Bush Sr. gets Nigeria to drop charges on Cheney Nigeria 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : she do look better than barbara bush....... Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Black People : Michaek Vick goes to Jail/ but George Bush goes Free????? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : No Beatin' around the Bush! Black People Open Forum 0
Mad Skillz Black People : ‘Worst Bush-era policies’ becoming the ‘new normal’ Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : 30 Billion for the Bush Cheney war but no money for jobs? or child care? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : After the lies told about Guantanamo detainees, Bush-Cheney still not reprimanded? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Haitians Unhappy with Clinton and Bush in their nation Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 17
Ankhur Black People : From the man that exposed Bush-Cheney and Capitalism, talks about the bill Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : After Bush lies about Iraq, Pentagon Office of Strategic Deception Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Bush using Haitian "commumity service" to duck ish of war crimes? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Ankhur Black People : How long will the Bush-Cheney CoverUp Continue? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : BUSH; I mean Bernanke wants another term?????????????? Black People Open Forum 6
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The legacy of Bush Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People : Bush's Minister of Propaganda , still calling shots in Washinton?? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : What would it take to get Black folks to accept Bush Cheney's neocon agenda? Black People Open Forum 22