Pets / Animals : Is Owning a Pet a Luxury?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
update on my two bunnies I told you about. Midnight passed away yesterday morning from an illness he had when I first got him, and unfortunately it also determined my first born, Cadbury's fate as well. They are both in a better place. I will miss both of them dearly, especially Cadbury. We always had a special bond, no matter how good or bad he was behaving at times. I love you both, and I will never forget you.

Also, the pet store felt really bad for my loss of Midnight, so they gave me an Angora Rabbit. It's white, so I named him Alaska. He is so furry and cute, and sweet. I will have to look for him someone to play with so he doesn't get bored and lonely.

They both passed away on the same day! awwww ... i'm so sorry to read this!

Bless your heart ... i'm glad the pet store gave you a new baby!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
update on my two bunnies I told you about. Midnight passed away yesterday morning from an illness he had when I first got him, and unfortunately it also determined my first born, Cadbury's fate as well. They are both in a better place. I will miss both of them dearly, especially Cadbury. We always had a special bond, no matter how good or bad he was behaving at times. I love you both, and I will never forget you.

Also, the pet store felt really bad for my loss of Midnight, so they gave me an Angora Rabbit. It's white, so I named him Alaska. He is so furry and cute, and sweet. I will have to look for him someone to play with so he doesn't get bored and lonely.
oh legit-writer i am so sorry to hear this.

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
Peace and Blessings Family,

I think owning a pet is a luxury ... sorta ... i mean ... it costs so much money!

Raising babies as a Single Mother ... i can remember many a day thinking ... why am i feeding this animal?!

Don't even talk about vet bills ... please ... i got stories i could tell ... !!!

Is owning a pet a luxury in your opinion ... or just an every day normal thing even poor people can do?

Love You!

Destee
Yes, owning a pet is a luxury.
Two dachshunds can cost a fair penny.

Tyreese

Jul 13, 2012

I think owning a pet is a luxury ... sorta ... i mean ... it costs so much money!

Raising babies as a Single Mother ... i can remember many a day thinking ... why am i feeding this animal?!

Don't even talk about vet bills ... please ... i got stories i could tell ... !!!

Is owning a pet a luxury in your opinion ... or just an every day normal thing even poor people can do?

Love You!

Destee
I agree with ya girl!! ownin pets is a luxury of good companianship as well. know wut im sayin?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009

Love You!

Destee
Some pets are more expensive and time-consuming than others.

Owning some pets is a responsibility like having children.

...particularly a DOG.

If one does not have the financial means or time to properly care for a dog, I don't think a person should have one.

I don't believe in tying dogs to a tree, a fence, or a post with a chain....Dogs are supposed to be able to RUN....So, if one doesn't have a protected yard for a dog, then don't have it....unless it's a SMALL dog that is mainly kept indoors.

IMO, if a person can't provide shots, feed, or walk/exercise a dog, then don't have one.

GET A GOLDFISH.

...If they kill it, then there's a strong indication that person should NOT have a PET. :lol:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I agree with ya girl!! ownin pets is a luxury of good companianship as well. know wut im sayin?

Yes, the luxury of good companionship ... i hadn't thot of it that way ... great point!

Thanks for sharing.

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Yes Sister cherryblossom ... you are so right ... folk should not have them if they can't afford to give them decent care at least. Shooooo ... reading your post, brought back all kinds of memories ... as i said previously, i could tell stories!

Suffice it to say, i couldn't financially afford the children i had, so you can probably imagine how the pets fared ... :( ... poor babies. I don't wanna tell too much, or we'll have PETA nem over here boycott'n the site and stuff!

You're absolutely right ... don't get the animals if you can't afford to care for them properly.

Thanks for Sharing!

Destee

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Well, Sister Des, I guess it's all a matter of perspective as you said. For people that love animals like I do and can afford them, owning a pet is something that brings me joy and makes my living experience a happier and healthier one. But for those that don't have the means to care for a pet but would like to have one, may view this as yet another line of division between the "haves" versus the "have nots"? Do some pets live better than some people? Yes and I recognize the controversy around that reality as well.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: