African American History Culture : Is It Wrong to Mention Black People Owned Slaves?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Brother jamesfrmphilly! :)

I started this thread in your honor ...sorta ... :)

Is it wrong to mention that black people owned slaves?

I just wanted to get out of the other thread's way and talk about your concerns.

There are probably several threads here on this topic already.

I see no reason not to talk about it. I'm for us talking about any and everything.

I can also understand how one might not want it mentioned ... :)

Anywho ... to speak to your concerns in the other thread ...

i did not consider disagreeing to be disrespectful.

Generally it is not ... but the Columnists Forums are different. You can disagree there but stick and move. Don't repeatedly post negative images regarding the subject, basically spamming the discussion with your strong counter point of view ... don't do that ... stick and move. And even that, should be done respectfully ... I'm just saying ... because all things should be done respectfully in my opinion ... without a rule being required to prompt it.

i also did not know of special consideration for columnists.

It is not one of our 13 posted rules. It has not risen to that level, where it actually needs to be a rule. It is in my heart and our history. I deal with it on a case by case basis, and if it ever grows to be as big a problem as the original 13, we will have 14.

hard to play by rules that you don't know exist.

If you are respectful to those that share here, the opinion they present ... you won't probably ever have a problem with our rules. Respect will cover them all, and you know that requirement exists.

i will now place this person on my ignore list and that should solve the problem.

It is a great way to minimize conflict ... minimize contact ... :five:

If you have more questions please ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
No

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Hello Brother jamesfrmphilly! :)

I started this thread in your honor ...sorta ... :)

Is it wrong to mention that black people owned slaves?

I just wanted to get out of the other thread's way and talk about your concerns.

There are probably several threads here on this topic already.

I see no reason not to talk about it. I'm for us talking about any and everything.

I can also understand how one might not want it mentioned ... :)

Anywho ... to speak to your concerns in the other thread ...

Generally it is not ... but the Columnists Forums are different. You can disagree there but stick and move. Don't repeatedly post negative images regarding the subject, basically spamming the discussion with your strong counter point of view ... don't do that ... stick and move. And even that, should be done respectfully ... I'm just saying ... because all things should be done respectfully in my opinion ... without a rule being required to prompt it.

It is not one of our 13 posted rules. It has not risen to that level, where it actually needs to be a rule. It is in my heart and our history. I deal with it on a case by case basis, and if it ever grows to be as big a problem as the original 13, we will have 14.

If you are respectful to those that share here, the opinion they present ... you won't probably ever have a problem with our rules. Respect will cover them all, and you know that requirement exists.

It is a great way to minimize conflict ... minimize contact ... :five:

If you have more questions please ask.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
you say that i was not respectful. i am respectful of all posters here. i make that a point.

Last edited:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
you constant say that i was not respectful. i am respectful of all posters here. i make that a point.

Respect probably has levels, depending on the situation, those involved, etc.

I am speaking of the level of respect needed to participate here - violation free.

My apologies if it sounded like I said ... you are not respectful ... ever.

That would not be true. You are mostly respectful.

No one can stay here for years without being mostly respectful.

This was not one of the mostly respectful times.

I constantly say you are not respectful?

Show me that. I don't believe you can.

Love You!

Destee

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
Peace,

Black people in Africa owned slaves....... actual fact.

Black people in America owned slaves...... actual fact.

If we can't speak on the truth then what should we talk about?

Peace

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Support : Colors are Wrong Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 9
HODEE Black People : A Man Can DO... one wrong * So say, * ... A Woman Can DO... All that is GOOD and RIGHT ! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Sex is not a profession could raise complex questions when trouble need advice could end up having a double life now too much rubble wrong price see a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Cities are criminalizing homelessness by banning people from camping in public. That's the wrong approach, report says Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Relationships : SHACKING UP, ain't nothing wrong with it? Black Relationships 9
R Black Poetry : They kiss at the table but this fable is concerned with a cake date that went wrong so he spent time at home thinking about it alone now on the phone Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Authors : How to Be an Antiracist, Author Ibram X. Kendi on What We Get Wrong About Racism Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
R Black Poetry : "knew this girl that was home yall up against a stone wall because of a wrong phone call now this boy want some and could fall in love after he break Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Even More Evidence That We’re Eating All Wrong Black Health and Wellness 4
R Black Poetry : My style maybe wild and wrong in hummers when I dial phone numbers just to rap to chicks and be sli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : My face showed annoyance at the delay see they // postpone the concert sent out wrong alert play // Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : what is wrong with the word 'negro' ??? Black People Politics 5
S Black People Politics : What's wrong with being friendly with Russia? What exactly is the fear? Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Macron Got A Lot Wrong About Africa ... But Made One Good Point All Things Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : You've been making baked potatoes wrong Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Money Business Jobs : China's Top Billionaire explains what's wrong with Donald Trump's Populist rhetoric (2017) Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 'Something is wrong' with presidential election, says civil rights leader Diane Nash Black People Politics 3673
Greatest I am Black People Politics : GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong. Black People Politics 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Sending the wrong message on Black history month AACOOLDRE 0
RealityCheck40 Black People : What's wrong with black men? Black People Open Forum 7
Destee Black Entertainment : Steve Harvey Crowns Wrong Miss Universe in Las Vegas Black Entertainment 69
Liberty Black Entertainment : Righting a Past Wrong? Academy to Present Spike Lee with Honorary Oscar Black Entertainment 38
Kemetstry Black People : ARE YOU ENTITLED TO A WRONG OPINION? Black People Open Forum 2
dunwiddat The Police : What is wrong with the police in the USA. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 28
coey30 Black Poetry : AM I Wrong Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
RAPTOR Black People : Michael Brown shooting riots: Former police officer explains what cops did wrong w/ Boyce Watkins Black People Open Forum 2
legit-writer Black People : My Finances Are My Business? Did I Go About It Wrong? Black People Open Forum 5
Hetheru Oshun Black People : Domination of the Black Female is Wrong and Unnatural Black People Open Forum 10
KPITRL Black People : Ever thought you were right to find out years later you were wrong? Black People Open Forum 10
Fine1952 Black People : Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Big Bang breakthrough team allows they may be wrong Science and Technology 51
jamesfrmphilly Internet Technology : what's wrong with facebook? what is the down side of facebook? Science and Technology 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Eric Holder: Chief Justice John Roberts Is Wrong On Race Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc Black People Politics 16
SouthsideIrish Black People : How come people have such a hard time admitting when they are wrong? Black People Open Forum 22
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Magic Sam - What Have I Done Wrong Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : David Ruffin - If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want To Be Right) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
legit-writer Science and Technology : Is it possible that we got cause-and-effect all wrong? Science and Technology 59
S Black Men : [Ep. 2] How Men Become DOGS | "Right vs. Wrong" Black Men 22
KaHotep The Front Porch : This is for the South Carolina folks incoming...(I posted this in the wrong forum). The Front Porch 21
Kamau47 Black People : What's Wrong With This Picture? Black People Open Forum 12
MsInterpret Black Jokes Humor : Wrong Email Address Black Jokes Humor 3
Orisons Black People : Have YOU ever publicly admitted to being WRONG? Black People Open Forum 43
MsInterpret Black Parenting : When Parenting Goes Wrong Black Parenting 4
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Millie Jackson - If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Wanna Be Right) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Drake - Doing It Wrong (Feat. Stevie Wonder) Lyrics Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Knowledge Seed Black People : Are we really rewarding the wrong people? Black People Open Forum 46
noor100 Black Muslims : 10 Ways to Marry the Wrong Person Islam Study Group 3
MsInterpret Black People : Is it wrong to be an individual? Black People Open Forum 20
Dre Money Support : Wrong Forum Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
$$RICH$$ Black People : What went wrong ! Black People Open Forum 1