IS IT TIME TO GO TO WAR AGAINST THE RAP INDUSTRY?

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
do you know that black people once made music that featured scales, chords, modes, harmony and rhythmic subtleties?
it was called jazz and it took some time and effort to play it and it took some intelligence to listen to it.

there are so many alternatives to hip hop that all black people have to do is turn away from the garbage and turn toward some of the positive music that is being produced out there.

problem is it takes very low intelligence to listen to hip hop. yes, i said it.
current hip hop is some of the dumbest music on the set.

to listen to a higher form of music requires a higher form of intelligence.
are black folks up to the task?
:band:

BTW - a while back i said that hip hop was controlled by white people, rick rubin and lyor cohen and such.
i was shouted down by those who swore that hip hop was controlled by the thugs.
am i detecting a swing to my earlier point of view?

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
jamesfrmphilly said:
do you know that black people once made music that featured scales, chords, modes, harmony and rhythmic subtleties?
it was called jazz and it took some time and effort to play it and it took some intelligence to listen to it.

there are so many alternatives to hip hop that all black people have to do is turn away from the garbage and turn toward some of the positive music that is being produced out there.

problem is it takes very low intelligence to listen to hip hop. yes, i said it.
current hip hop is some of the dumbest music on the set.

to listen to a higher form of music requires a higher form of intelligence.
are black folks up to the task?
:band:

BTW - a while back i said that hip hop was controlled by white people, rick rubin and lyor cohen and such.
i was shouted down by those who swore that hip hop was controlled by the thugs.
am i detecting a swing to my earlier point of view?
^5

You so right. There is no war on hip hop garbage if we continue to listen to it. To tell you the truth it doesn't bother me at all because I don't watch the videos or buy the CDs. I hear people say how bad it is and I take their word for it. I grew up with 'Retha and Teddy Pendergrass. This computer generated background noise does noting for me.

Ralfa'il

Mar 25, 2005
We need to start taking control over the television and radio stations in our communities.

If you go to some of the mostly white and rural areas of the United States, they've fixed it as such that you can't even get NBC or CBS and other television stations over normal broadcast frequencies.

You have to have cable and special order this channels to get them.

This is because the communities leaders have complained about how "Hollywood" is trying to corrupt their community values and have scrabled the air-waves.

This is true power; they decide what is and isn't allowed to come into thier homes.

It's the same with radio stations, they have only the local news and a few country and Christians radio stations and you can't even hear rap music.

We have to gain control over every aspect of our community and that includes media and communications.

Anyone notice how in the grocery stores and malls....these same places that won't play Jodeci, 112, Mary J Blige and other black artists....you hear an endless amount of BackStreet Boys, Christina Agulera, Mariah Carey, and Britney Spears?

They play some of the raunchies crap over the super market speakers if it's done by white artists who mimic the black style...but no black.

Justine Timberlake stays on in my local supermarket.

The only black group I ever heard being played in general public places is Boys II Men.

Duchesse

Jan 22, 2005
Oh my God, A man!!

MANASIAC said:
Thank you Brother Pan, I finally see now, that myself as the Black Man who created a dysfunctional black family is the real problem. Not some one else.
A man showing responsibility. Brother you say it all. Alot of people feel I like to place blame on the black man when it is responsibility that I feel he must bear. I agree with you whole heartedly, it is ultimately the man who keeps that relationship going and the family together. He makes or breaks that relationship. The power to uplift this race is in his hands. It seems YOU know that.

I can only speak for myself and the women that I know but I think it is safe to say for the majority of women also. When you have a GOOD man, you won't be going anywhere. Nothing and NOBODY can pull you from your home!! Denzel Washington couldn't get in your face if you have a man that sticks by your side, is hardworking, shows love to you and is faithful. No decent woman in her right mind will ever LET that go. You will do anything to keep something like that.

Case and point,

My uncle, and not because he is my uncle, is a hardworking, decent, honest,loving , caring, and God fearing man. He is by no means perfect. In fact we are estranged right now. But, years ago his wife had a drug problem, crack. When he found out. He found a program, put his foot down, and told her that she would go into this program or he was taking his baby and he was leaving. I don't have to tell you what happened ladies. But I will elaborate for the brothers.

26 years later, they are still together and she has been clean ever since. The child grown, married, and not surprisingly has chosen a GOOD man just like her Dad. I believe it is the example he taught.

Even DRUGS can't keep you from a good man. Strong families come from GOOD men.

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
There are some 'good' men who get walked on all over by women. Look at some of the situations on Maury... the man works, takes care of his family, doesn't cheat, etc. and the wife goes out and gets pregnant by someone else. Being a good man isn't enough... you have to fall in love with a good woman as well.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: