Science and Technology : Is artificial intelligence making racial profiling worse?

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Is artificial intelligence making racial profiling worse?

New technological tools employed by the department could be aggravating the problem. In an effort to further reduce crime, the LAPD has turned to big data.

Taylor Mooney, Grace Baek
CBS News

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
AI based Predictive policing is a crock. Police officers generally know when and where crime trends are occurring and unless the bad guy is someone new in town or just passing through they usually have some idea who's committing them. Our campus police officers are very good at what they do and have wide latitude in their enforcement techniques since Loyola being in Baltimore County is still basically private property so when a non violent crime fits the pattern of a particular known bad guy they bring him or her in and threaten expulsion. That's it, written confession and crime solved.

Do you know whether the campus police officers have access to AI technology?

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Check this out.
www.muckrock.com

Maryland State Police utilize PredPod and Atac AI programs I believe and share it with all certified law enforcement agencies that qualify and are licensed via IT/PC based voice and data comms through the MD Statewide Direct and Regional RINS network. Baltimore County Police utilize MetroNet but it is not shared with UM Loyola. I know that's not a real answer but I am not privy to those programs if they existed at UML and honestly first the campus is too small for AI predictive policing to be cost effective even though the cost is or would be shared with MSP bearing most of the financial burden as these programs are cost prohibitive to small departments with limited geography not to mention the Liberal Arts mindset at UML.

Thanks, I like it:

MuckRock supports Center for Public Integrity and public in calls for DOJ to release Ukraine emails

The truth matters. People should know about an unfolding chapter in our democracy that is destined for the history books.

Written by Muckrock Staff

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Maryland State Police utilize PredPod and Atac AI programs I believe and share it with all certified law enforcement agencies that qualify and are licensed via IT/PC based voice and data comms through the MD Statewide Direct and Regional RINS network. Baltimore County Police utilize MetroNet but it is not shared with UM Loyola. I know that's not a real answer but I am not privy to those programs if they existed at UML and honestly first the campus is too small for AI predictive policing to be cost effective even though the cost is or would be shared with MSP bearing most of the financial burden as these programs are cost prohibitive to small departments with limited geography not to mention the Liberal Arts mindset at UML.

Check this out.

www.muckrock.com

Here's another one:

Police Surveillance: Facial Recognition Use in Your Backyard

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Queenie Science and Technology : Artificial Intelligence replacing employees? Science and Technology 2
AmenAmenetSun Black People : Artificial Intelligence Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Stanford Offering Three Open Classes: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Databases Science and Technology 4
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : ARTIFICIAL KIDNEY Black Health and Wellness 1
Kemetstry Science and Technology : ARTIFICIAL PHOTOSYNTHESIS Science and Technology 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : FDA APPROVES ARTIFICIAL PANCREAS Black Health and Wellness 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : ARTIFICIAL EYE Black Health and Wellness 1
Black Phoenix Black Travel : Amazing Places: Seagaia Ocean Dome: An Artificial Beach in Japan Black Travel 0
CSmith Science and Technology : Scientists create first Living Organism with 'Artificial' DNA Science and Technology 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Bobby Hemmitt Human Artificial II Black People Open Forum 11
Amnat77 Black People : U.S. food companies caught faking blueberries with artificial colors and liquid sugar Black People Open Forum 3
N Black Spirituality Religion : THE POWERLESS ARTIFICIAL THOUGHT Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Artificial Black Woman And Man Chief Elder Osiris 0
tyab14 Black People : China to Test Artificial Sun Black People Open Forum 3
D Africa : Artificial knees give African doctor a real sense of freedom All Things Africa 0
C Black People : Conspiracy:3 Sweet poison Artificial Sweet Black People Open Forum 0
J Black People : cold makes more intelligence Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : White House blocked intelligence agency’s testimony calling climate change ‘possibly catastrophic' Science and Technology 4
OldSoul Black People : Marcus Garvey on Intelligence Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Central Intelligence (the Movie review) AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Seymour Hersh: Obama "Cherry-Picked" Intelligence on Syrian Chemical Attack to Justify U.S. Strike Black People Politics 5
OldSoul OldSoul : CHAT today Noon ET Topic: Counter Intelligence Program OldSoul 0
Amnat77 Black People : Nobel Prize Winner Who Slammed Black Intelligence Is 'Blacker Than He Thought' Black People Open Forum 5
A Black People : Improve Memory and Intelligence Black People Open Forum 91
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Black Intelligence Test of Cultural Homogeneity African American History Culture 19
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God is absolutely unimaginable to the intelligence and analysis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Intelligence Is Mutually Exclusive From Religion Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : DOES THE AMOUNT OF MONEY AFRIKANS HAVE, EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT OF INTELLIGENCE AFRIKANS Chief Elder Osiris 3
M Black People : Internationally Lauded Scientist makes statement on Black Intelligence. Black People Open Forum 8
G Black People : The Awakening of Intelligence Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Only the powerful divine knowledge at the level of intelligence can smash the mental Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Metaverse Black People : How do you measure intelligence? Black People Open Forum 31
kemetkind Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Who all communes with the Divine Intelligence Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 8
I Black Children : Psychology: Intelligence and IQ Testing Black Children 1
D Black Jokes Humor : Intelligence Black Jokes Humor 2
Isaiah Black People : LESSONS IN COUNTER INTELLIGENCE *COINTELPRO... Black People Open Forum 11
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 2
C Black People : The Making Of The Negro As Defined By White Racist Luciferian Human Beings Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Poetry : hot juicy chocolate skin tone brutally sexy, beastly, mega tough exciting making horny, divinely sweet and incredibly sexy, saturated with a sweet de Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Making Sense over Dollars Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : MAKING HER-STORY: Irishea Hilliard makes history after inheriting Houston megachurch Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet the 20-year-old African-American woman making US Military Academy history Black People Doing Positive Things 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Making Money Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Making My Own Trade Route Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : You've been making baked potatoes wrong Black Health and Wellness 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Trump nominates 'brilliant' Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court - making him the youngest candidate in Black People Politics 2
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : The Beginning of Soap Making--SYRIAN SOAP & The Oil Tree Chevron Dove 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Scientists just got closer to understanding the genetic roots of crime - it’s making them nervous Science and Technology 3
Writspirit Black People : R&B Group Dru Hill Making An Appearance in the Bronx Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Martin Sheen Is Shopping a 'Making a Murderer'-Style Series That Will Exonerate O.J. Simpson Black Entertainment 13