Black People : Is anyone ever ready?

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I think for us all, at some point in our lives as blacks, african americans, the lost tribes, whatever you identify as, we've heard from one or many on how someday blacks will reclaim our place in the world. We've all heard how we'll regain our crowns, take back our rightful positions, restore our image, and so on. Maybe you've been one to say this and still do?

Whether or not you have, I have to wonder about those who believe such. I wonder if they're ready.

No, not ready for their throne or title. Not ready to be Lords and Empresses, but ready to miss out on everything they're hoping for. Are any of them ready to go to the grave never seeing any of what they think will come to pass? Are any ready to see things get much worse, worse than they ever thought possible, before it truly gets better... without them? What's their plan when they're on their deathbed and black people aren't treated any better than how we've been treated all their lives? How does one take all of that in.... in their final days?

As something to have been expected? Or as a nightmare come true?

And also, why are so many convinced that their generation will be the generation that ends all the pain and suffering and racism, but no generation on forward wants to put in much (or any) effort toward accomplishing this?

This is just for discussion. Something I'd been pondering.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I thought I would be in the grave before there was a black president

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I think for us all, at some point in our lives as blacks, african americans, the lost tribes, whatever you identify as, we've heard from one or many on how someday blacks will reclaim our place in the world. We've all heard how we'll regain our crowns, take back our rightful positions, restore our image, and so on. Maybe you've been one to say this and still do?

Whether or not you have, I have to wonder about those who believe such. I wonder if they're ready.

No, not ready for their throne or title. Not ready to be Lords and Empresses, but ready to miss out on everything they're hoping for. Are any of them ready to go to the grave never seeing any of what they think will come to pass? Are any ready to see things get much worse, worse than they ever thought possible, before it truly gets better... without them? What's their plan when they're on their deathbed and black people aren't treated any better than how we've been treated all their lives? How does one take all of that in.... in their final days?

As something to have been expected? Or as a nightmare come true?

And also, why are so many convinced that their generation will be the generation that ends all the pain and suffering and racism, but no generation on forward wants to put in much (or any) effort toward accomplishing this?

This is just for discussion. Something I'd been pondering.

First of all...don't call me black.

Why?

Because "I am from every continent in Africa except for one and I’m also from every continent in Europe except for one.”:news:

Now that we've gotten that out of the way.......:hearts4:

I agree with you sista!!!

I tell my kids that this will not be solved in my life time, or even yours. But we're teaching to so you will be able to put yourself in a position to bring about change, or at least get the ball rolling. This didn't happen to us over night, and we are not going to solve it over night either.

Love and much respect sista Angela 22:heart:

Peace!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : itch for cake which state my mind drift clever but if ever plenty fun but if anyone discover the rea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Kamau47 Black People : Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Black People Open Forum 6
A Black People : What? Have anyone ever heard of of the term Nacirema? Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black People : Have You Ever Wore Anyone Else's Panties? Black People Open Forum 18
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Has Anyone Ever Had An Experience With A Divine Force who is Human? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 35
D Black Money Business Jobs : George Subira. Anyone here ever heard of him? Black Money Business Jobs 0
D Has anyone here ever tried homeopathic medicine before? Black Health and Wellness 3
O Black Entertainment : has anyone ever told you that you sound just like...! Black Entertainment 0
C Black Authors : Has anyone ever made money from their poetry? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 24
jamesfrmphilly Black People : anyone ever file for bankruptcy? Black People Open Forum 33
1 Has anyone ever had an Epidural? Black Health and Wellness 11
P Black Relationships : Has anyone ever tried an on-line dating service? Black Relationships 33
C Black People : Anyone Who Is With Serious Patriotism To Afrika Black People Open Forum 0
ashleysummer Science and Technology : Bitcoin anyone? Science and Technology 3
Senegal Black Positive People : Anyone Heard of Mumu Fresh? Black People Doing Positive Things 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : russia-hacking-is-bigger-than-anyone-thought Black People Politics 9
Bootzey Black People : Does anyone sew? Black People Open Forum 15
DjajiPrime Black Entertainment : Anyone Down For Some African Music? Black Entertainment 10
A Black Men : Where can I meet and greet anyone and learn more about the Nation of Gods and Earths. Black Men 1
IntuitioninMD_2 Black Money Business Jobs : Does anyone know anything about SWAPS? Black Money Business Jobs 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : New Currency Law Now in Effect—Could Be Devastating for Anyone Holding U.S. Dollars Black People Politics 0
Kamau47 Black People : this REALLY surprise anyone? Black People Open Forum 6
Apollyon Black People : Is There Anyone Interested In True Ethnohistory? Black People Open Forum 1
YingYang11 Black Astrology : Does Anyone know What Draconic Astrology is? Black Astrology 7
H Phones and Apps : well... anyone here at destee looking for a OnePlus One invite...? Science and Technology 9
John Williams Black Entertainment : Does anyone know what song this is? Black Entertainment 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Weight Loss : Here Is The Simplest Advice For Anyone Trying To Lose Weight Or Eat Healthy Black Health and Wellness 0
ManicRaider Black People : Does anyone here have any goals and/or passions? Black People Open Forum 25
blazejay Black Money Business Jobs : Can anyone make sense of the job market? Black Money Business Jobs 5
sekou kasimu Support : Has anyone read any good books lately? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 19
ManicRaider Black People : Does anyone here have any wilderness survival skills? Black People Open Forum 39
W Black People : Can Anyone Explain how to create LLC or Business to use 4 renting properties/paying utility bills? Black People Open Forum 1
SouthsideIrish Black Sports : Anyone here coach sports Black Sports 2
Orisons Black People : Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed; graphically illustrating that t Black People Open Forum 3
Orisons Black People : Can ANYONE win a discussion/debate without addressing assertions and answering relevant questions? Black People Open Forum 48
umbrarchist Computers - Software Hardware : Android Programming Anyone? Science and Technology 1
S Poetry Discussion : Why should anyone buy your poetry book? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
Kamau47 Black People : Has Anyone Heard Of This Brother Black People Open Forum 9
Honey1201 Higher Standard Required : Can Anyone Ask Questions in the Study Group Forums? Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 18
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Can Anyone Use the word - Peace - or is it reserved for a select few? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
B-Onyx The Front Porch : *Steps to the Mic*--New here, anyone home? The Front Porch 21
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Anyone speak the language of the Omega Psi Phi doggs? Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Black People Politics : Obamacare - where do i go - what do i do - to get my insurance - anyone know? Black People Politics 2
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : 10 Scholarships ANYONE Can Apply For: Black Education / Schools 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Security hole allows anyone to hijack your Skype account using only your email address (updated) Science and Technology 7
blazejay Black Spirituality Religion : Universal Law - anyone read the kybalion? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
Destee Gun Ownership : Can Anyone Own a Taser - or is it for Law Enforcement Only? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 12
Palmer73 Black People : Vesta Williams Funeral Program - Anyone Have One? Black People Open Forum 1
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : ?Cerebral Thinking Anyone? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Nakeone African Traditional Religion : Can anyone Recommend African Spiritual Books? African Traditional Religion Study Group 13