The Front Porch : Introduction. Hello Community.

NishnabekJourney

Mar 22, 2020
Bojou Nikan,
(Hello Friend)

I wanted to introduce myself, my motives, and offer you my perspective and any medicine or wisdom I can provide to encourage the community on Destee to become empowered, in exchange for the information and perspective you will/have shared with me (from former posts).

I am a tribal member of a First Nations tribe (Nishnabek), and following the ancient ways of my ancestors. I'm on a Journey, and part of my specific journey is to understand the black community. The reason for this is multifaceted, but I am always open and honest with transparency (as much as I can show without putting myself or my family(tribe) in danger). I figured with the things I have heard, seen, and reactions I have gotten, an online forum would be a better way to cut out any bias against me, as much as possible. After reading your forum before registering, I have seen things that confirm some of my answers, but prefer direct dialog.

These are my goals at the moment:
1. I understand we might share very alike views possibly in areas like caucasions, america, colonization, and cultural appropriation.
2. I am seeking a future life partner, and I think there might be good chemistry between someone like myself and an african american female.
3. If the indiginous peoples unite in the future (even if it take 500+ more years), when we recover from our past trauma and regain a strong enough position/footing, will the african community join us in defence/preservation of our Mother Earth and Ancestral Homelands, or possibly join our family (tribes)?

My Goal:
I have been reading your forums for a few days, as much as I can with this Corona Virus in my system. I am on a Journey to understand the African American community, it's people, and it's own culture within Turtle Island as a whole.

I would like you to understand some of my perspectives so that we may have a meeting of the minds in clear and whole connective fashion, but I have to tell you a few things, that might seem confusing until you know more about me. I do not follow American cultural perspectives, hang ups, or mindsets. I hope you will understand that I do not follow guidelines in speech that lie under the political and soceital ways americans seem to be bound to or choose to follow due to the influence of how the civilization is run. Political Correctness, Christian ideologies, and other things, are not part of my mentality/lifestyle, besides for fragments that have been imprented and forced upon me from generations of atrocities, and the hostile effect of abuse from my father who was mixed race with caucasions. My mother being the dominant influence of the household, which is common as most indiginous peoples have a balanced society between genders, the power structure being Matriarcal. Ones which through my traditional ways, and meditations I have sought to flush out from the corners of my subconscience.

Morals:
I do not believe in right or wrong, good or evil, good or bad, perfect or imperfect, better or less than, and many more that through american friends I find my belief systems are alien entirely or foreign to them. I do however understand however these mindsets, as until I fled my immediate family to again rejoin my tribe at a very young age, my caucasion mixed race father tried to beat white values into me, going to extreme measures of physical and emotional abuse. My morals if you will call them, stem from love and respect. I believe love and respect (which I have VERY different definitions for) are given as a gift, out of love and respect for ones True Inner Self and Divine Being, to others before you meet them. I have love and respect for all animate and animate Spirits, this is a non-condition love and respect, one that is already given long before I meet others. This is hard to explain, as the english language like all European languages and Civilization languages are incapable of conveying the thoughts that indiginous languages are capable of conveying. This is because our languages are the original languages of the earth dating back well over 22,000 years by civilizations way of counting time (which is not my own), and are not languages that are influenced by civilizational upbringings, as we are a tribal people. We are the Original Peoples, and we follow what is called the Original Instructions, in which have been handed down generation to generation, something if your interested in, I will try to communicate, as I believe you could find it empowering.

To try to give you a few points, as I know this will just be more confusing until we dig into it, I would like to communicate a few hand picked points at random, which are just a drop in the bucket compared to the whole belief system itself.

We view animate and in-animate as spirits/entities. We do not view spirits like Christians or civilizationers do. We view them as peices of the entirety of Creation. We do not believe in owning things, because we believe that we belong to Mother Earth, and nothing on the earth, especially creatures, oil, rocks, and everything in between is to be owned, but instead belongs to Mother Earth itself, as a Divine Expression of the Creator, therefore we are all in unity with eachother.

We view love and respect in ways I sadly can give examples of, but I cannot convey with my words, because in this regard English is incapable of communicating, and to communicate many of our ways, I have to show them to you in person, in nature, and in a spiritual way. This involves an ancient way of connecting that is spiritual, mental communicated (non verbal), and felt through a deep understanding of your emotions and connection with the emotions of what civilization calls "animals", trees, and other elements I will keep secret, that we do not share with those who do not prove themselves to our collective being. This is to keep them safe, the ones who teach them safe, and a variety of other factors like cultural appropriation and civilizational abuse. If civilizationers were to be made known our ways, they would do horrible things to us, and desecrate the living beings of the earth to understand there secrets, and use it as a way to enslave, destroy, propogate greed, and other things they do with everything else they touch. We cannot allow this out of Love for our fellow spirits and Mother Earth and Father Sky.

I'm to exhausted, and need to go rest. I will post a link to a public, elementary, basic introduction my tribe has set up to share with others, as well as our tribal members who have been lost throughout the removals, child abductions, military drafting, Trail of Death, and boarding school concentration camps over the last 6 generations, if you are interested. They only share the surface of the teachings for our own safety, but it might help as something to start with.

Dot = the . character

https://www.potawatomi DOT org/language/cultural-teachings

Song/Video from Taboo, the singer being well known as a member of Black Eyed Peas.

https://www.youtube DOT com/watch?v=XHhbeRJudY4

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Bojou Nikan,
(Hello Friend)

I wanted to introduce myself, my motives, and offer you my perspective and any medicine or wisdom I can provide to encourage the community on Destee to become empowered, in exchange for the information and perspective you will/have shared with me (from former posts).

I am a tribal member of a First Nations tribe (Nishnabek), and following the ancient ways of my ancestors. I'm on a Journey, and part of my specific journey is to understand the black community. The reason for this is multifaceted, but I am always open and honest with transparency (as much as I can show without putting myself or my family(tribe) in danger). I figured with the things I have heard, seen, and reactions I have gotten, an online forum would be a better way to cut out any bias against me, as much as possible. After reading your forum before registering, I have seen things that confirm some of my answers, but prefer direct dialog.

These are my goals at the moment:
1. I understand we might share very alike views possibly in areas like caucasions, america, colonization, and cultural appropriation.
2. I am seeking a future life partner, and I think there might be good chemistry between someone like myself and an african american female.
3. If the indiginous peoples unite in the future (even if it take 500+ more years), when we recover from our past trauma and regain a strong enough position/footing, will the african community join us in defence/preservation of our Mother Earth and Ancestral Homelands, or possibly join our family (tribes)?

My Goal:
I have been reading your forums for a few days, as much as I can with this Corona Virus in my system. I am on a Journey to understand the African American community, it's people, and it's own culture within Turtle Island as a whole.

I would like you to understand some of my perspectives so that we may have a meeting of the minds in clear and whole connective fashion, but I have to tell you a few things, that might seem confusing until you know more about me. I do not follow American cultural perspectives, hang ups, or mindsets. I hope you will understand that I do not follow guidelines in speech that lie under the political and soceital ways americans seem to be bound to or choose to follow due to the influence of how the civilization is run. Political Correctness, Christian ideologies, and other things, are not part of my mentality/lifestyle, besides for fragments that have been imprented and forced upon me from generations of atrocities, and the hostile effect of abuse from my father who was mixed race with caucasions. My mother being the dominant influence of the household, which is common as most indiginous peoples have a balanced society between genders, the power structure being Matriarcal. Ones which through my traditional ways, and meditations I have sought to flush out from the corners of my subconscience.

Morals:
I do not believe in right or wrong, good or evil, good or bad, perfect or imperfect, better or less than, and many more that through american friends I find my belief systems are alien entirely or foreign to them. I do however understand however these mindsets, as until I fled my immediate family to again rejoin my tribe at a very young age, my caucasion mixed race father tried to beat white values into me, going to extreme measures of physical and emotional abuse. My morals if you will call them, stem from love and respect. I believe love and respect (which I have VERY different definitions for) are given as a gift, out of love and respect for ones True Inner Self and Divine Being, to others before you meet them. I have love and respect for all animate and animate Spirits, this is a non-condition love and respect, one that is already given long before I meet others. This is hard to explain, as the english language like all European languages and Civilization languages are incapable of conveying the thoughts that indiginous languages are capable of conveying. This is because our languages are the original languages of the earth dating back well over 22,000 years by civilizations way of counting time (which is not my own), and are not languages that are influenced by civilizational upbringings, as we are a tribal people. We are the Original Peoples, and we follow what is called the Original Instructions, in which have been handed down generation to generation, something if your interested in, I will try to communicate, as I believe you could find it empowering.

To try to give you a few points, as I know this will just be more confusing until we dig into it, I would like to communicate a few hand picked points at random, which are just a drop in the bucket compared to the whole belief system itself.

We view animate and in-animate as spirits/entities. We do not view spirits like Christians or civilizationers do. We view them as peices of the entirety of Creation. We do not believe in owning things, because we believe that we belong to Mother Earth, and nothing on the earth, especially creatures, oil, rocks, and everything in between is to be owned, but instead belongs to Mother Earth itself, as a Divine Expression of the Creator, therefore we are all in unity with eachother.

We view love and respect in ways I sadly can give examples of, but I cannot convey with my words, because in this regard English is incapable of communicating, and to communicate many of our ways, I have to show them to you in person, in nature, and in a spiritual way. This involves an ancient way of connecting that is spiritual, mental communicated (non verbal), and felt through a deep understanding of your emotions and connection with the emotions of what civilization calls "animals", trees, and other elements I will keep secret, that we do not share with those who do not prove themselves to our collective being. This is to keep them safe, the ones who teach them safe, and a variety of other factors like cultural appropriation and civilizational abuse. If civilizationers were to be made known our ways, they would do horrible things to us, and desecrate the living beings of the earth to understand there secrets, and use it as a way to enslave, destroy, propogate greed, and other things they do with everything else they touch. We cannot allow this out of Love for our fellow spirits and Mother Earth and Father Sky.

I'm to exhausted, and need to go rest. I will post a link to a public, elementary, basic introduction my tribe has set up to share with others, as well as our tribal members who have been lost throughout the removals, child abductions, military drafting, Trail of Death, and boarding school concentration camps over the last 6 generations, if you are interested. They only share the surface of the teachings for our own safety, but it might help as something to start with.

Dot = the . character

https://www.potawatomi DOT org/language/cultural-teachings

Song/Video from Taboo, the singer being well known as a member of Black Eyed Peas.

https://www.youtube DOT com/watch?v=XHhbeRJudY4

Welcome NishnabekJourney, your goals are robust. Good luck and well wishes in your pursuit of understanding African Americans and acquiring a life partner.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
our tribal members who have been lost throughout the removals, child abductions, military drafting, Trail of Death, and boarding school concentration camps over the last 6 generations,
The benign euphemism they use for those sins is called 'integration'.

Welcome NishnabekJourney !

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: