Amun-Ra : Intimidated Black Men?

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
I agree . . .

. . . with the perception. I believe that African American females are generally seen as less feminine than white women. However, I think it is more stereotype than reality. Much of the way black men and black women are perceived has been established in the media (films, books and television) and if you go by those views, then black women are less feminine. Again, this is all based on perceptions which are in part based on stereotypical information. My own opinion is highly biased because I don't buy the perception. However, I can't deny the perception that some, including black men have of black females. Interestingly, the white woman is not the winner. The female seen as most feminie by both white and black men is the Asian female! Go figure.

Ra

;)

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Women

An attractive woman is an attractive woman in any race--that is my personal observance--Ra

:)

rijaxn

Jul 13, 2003
So we agree, Ra. But black women , when they payback, they are much meaner( again from my research) hahaha.

rijaxn

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
It Seems That Way

Personally, I think it is past time for Black women to consider dating and marrying someone else. The number of black men in prison is increasing daily. Now, there are various reasons for this, but the bottom line is if you are caught, you will go to jail. We are also killing each other in record rates. Black women are attending college in greater numbers and graduating. They are looking for men on their level intellectually, financially and emotionally. I see no reason for black women to spend their time waiting on some "ideal" brother to pop out of sky and be the one. Some people pray for things to happen and others hope things happen, but in this world, you have to make thingss happen. I think someone wrote a book entitled "All the Good Men Are Already Taken" and though I haven't read it, I suspect that is has some truth in it, if we are speaking specifically of black men. Unfortunately, while some black men were concentrating on winning a sports contract, something that only will happen to less than 1% of all athletes currently trying, black women have been getting educations and moving into the world of business where there is a paucity of brothers. Of course, there are reasons for that also, but it is also a fact that black men drop out of high school, college, go to jail, become drug addicts and engage in self destructive behavior and rates far higher than black women. So, I say it is past time for black women to consider other options. The tales of women sharing a man is often too true and at the same time it is not necessary.

Ra

;)

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.