Amun-Ra : Intimidated Black Men?

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
I agree . . .

. . . with the perception. I believe that African American females are generally seen as less feminine than white women. However, I think it is more stereotype than reality. Much of the way black men and black women are perceived has been established in the media (films, books and television) and if you go by those views, then black women are less feminine. Again, this is all based on perceptions which are in part based on stereotypical information. My own opinion is highly biased because I don't buy the perception. However, I can't deny the perception that some, including black men have of black females. Interestingly, the white woman is not the winner. The female seen as most feminie by both white and black men is the Asian female! Go figure.

Ra

;)

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Women

An attractive woman is an attractive woman in any race--that is my personal observance--Ra

:)

rijaxn

Jul 13, 2003
So we agree, Ra. But black women , when they payback, they are much meaner( again from my research) hahaha.

rijaxn

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
It Seems That Way

Personally, I think it is past time for Black women to consider dating and marrying someone else. The number of black men in prison is increasing daily. Now, there are various reasons for this, but the bottom line is if you are caught, you will go to jail. We are also killing each other in record rates. Black women are attending college in greater numbers and graduating. They are looking for men on their level intellectually, financially and emotionally. I see no reason for black women to spend their time waiting on some "ideal" brother to pop out of sky and be the one. Some people pray for things to happen and others hope things happen, but in this world, you have to make thingss happen. I think someone wrote a book entitled "All the Good Men Are Already Taken" and though I haven't read it, I suspect that is has some truth in it, if we are speaking specifically of black men. Unfortunately, while some black men were concentrating on winning a sports contract, something that only will happen to less than 1% of all athletes currently trying, black women have been getting educations and moving into the world of business where there is a paucity of brothers. Of course, there are reasons for that also, but it is also a fact that black men drop out of high school, college, go to jail, become drug addicts and engage in self destructive behavior and rates far higher than black women. So, I say it is past time for black women to consider other options. The tales of women sharing a man is often too true and at the same time it is not necessary.

Ra

;)

rijaxn

Jul 13, 2003
So, I say it is past time for black women to consider other options. The tales of women sharing a man is often too true and at the same time it is not necessary.

Hmm, not much i can add to this. I agree. Women need not depend upon man or society to decide what man or type is man is best for them. Find the person who willmake that long Sunday drive( relationship) the most enjoyable. One who will drive and one who will also makea great passenger. This is America, women can make their own choices.

rijaxn

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Nail on the Head

You nailed it! It is about establishing relationships. It takes courage to do it, but I think Black women have always shown the courage necessary--now it is time to take action--if the brothers don't want to play, there are plenty of men--let me say that again--there are plenty of men of others races who find black women attractive as dates and wives--I've traveled a great deal and what was once unheard of, a black woman with a white man, is becoming more apparent.

Ra

:)

rijaxn

Jul 13, 2003
I've always said, " If Kmart aint got what I want, I'm going to Wal-mart."
I've always dated the woman I wanted, not one my mom would like, or that my race dictated. No one stops a woman from having her mate of choice but her.
rijaxn

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
Having a college degree does not automatically make a man or woman financially, intellectually or even emotionally on higher "level" than a person that has never gone to college or indeed have a degree. Having a college degree means that you passed exams, and that the cirriculum adminstered to you was assimilated, digested and exhibited to the respective instructers, as per there criteria. Perhaps we as people need to stop wearing our degrees on our sleeves and refrain from throwing it up in each others face. After all most of us do not own our own business in the fields of employment.

In a nutshell, it is not my belief that black women intimidate men, it's simply a matter of what is projected. Like in the movie Jungle fever... the sistahs were venting about brothas doin them wrong et al. It was the wife of Wesley Snipes character.... Vonetta McGhee that said. The brothas are there. they're the milkman, the post man, the electrian etc etc. but we constantly overlook them.

Wonder why?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Originally posted by Amun-Ra
I agree . . . with the perception. I believe that African American females are generally seen as less feminine than white women. However, I think it is more stereotype than reality. Much of the way black men and black women are perceived has been established in the media (films, books and television) and if you go by those views, then black women are less feminine. Again, this is all based on perceptions which are in part based on stereotypical information. My own opinion is highly biased because I don't buy the perception. However, I can't deny the perception that some, including black men have of black females. Interestingly, the white woman is not the winner. The female seen as most feminie by both white and black men is the Asian female! Go figure.

Ra

;)
I'm sure there are studies that prove to those who are willing to believe them, that we, black folk, are less everything than white folk. White folk have spent hundreds of years conducting studies to convince themselves and us that they are better in all respects. Black women are less feminine than white women. Thick, coarse hair is not as attractive as thin, stringy hair. Wide noses, thick lips, big hips, round behinds, are not as attractive as those same thinner, body parts found on white folk. Little black girls are not as pretty as little white girls (how could they be if the study reveals that white women are more feminine than black women). I'm sure there are studies that prove that black men are more violent, bad fathers, stupid, and a host of other things when compared to their white counterparts. So many studies depicting us, black folk, as the lesser of all human beings.

It doesn't surprise me that their studies would reveal these findings. What surprises me is that you agree with them, and are posting them here. This community is not trying to be one more place in the world that lifts white women up over black women. There really are lots of places all over the Internet, television, magazines, books, studies, everywhere you look, that pay homage to the white woman and white people in general. They don't need this tiny little corner of the world to help them spread their good word. Our Sisters and Brothers do need this tiny little corner because there are very few places speaking positively and consistently about us.

This community is for lifting up the black man and woman. For embracing us, teaching, loving and building with us. A place where young black women can feel safe and comfortable and begin to heal from all the many assaults placed on her mind, soul and body as a result of all these studies and day to day reminders, that say she is less than all others.

Contributions such as this are counter productive. We already have to undo the damage done by mainstream media, studies, and the reality that so many of our own people believe this propaganda. It makes no sense to spend valuable time undoing, what doesn't have to be done, right here in our own house.

We have Members waiting for columnist spots in this community. Members who want to uplift our people and encourage them. Members who believe that we are the most beautiful people on this planet. Members who believe that black women are more feminine than white women. Members that want to help heal our people from the continuous assaults on our physical, mental, and spiritual being.

Amun-Ra, we've been together a long time. You were one of the first columnists here on destee, but this effort has grown bigger than you or i. We have young black Sisters (and Brothers) that frequent here, sharing their heartache and pain. They are looking to their own, the elders in the black community, that can help guide them and give them to know that they are special, beautiful and worthy of much praise. It's heartbreaking to know that you agree with the study you cited and i couldn't sit quietly by without making my disappointment known.

I am a black woman, born of a black woman, gave birth to a black woman and provided an opportunity for a black man to host his articles here for years, for him to tell me and all my Sisters that he agrees, black women are less feminine than white women. Go figure.

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly