He used to read to me​

someday…​

I​
hope​
he​
will​

…again​

Peace my sista poet....
You know...this is some kind of beautiful here.
All I can say is I luv it...Luv it!

Much Peace & Luv,
4EVER:heart:

TotalView

Oct 7, 2003
North Carolina via NY
He used to read to me​

my​
being​
was taken by​
every silky note that came​
from within​
him​

his​
creative essence​
produced picture thoughts​
that I journeyed on of his memories​
hopes and dreams and wonderful imaginary things​
it was extraordinary the way his words​
spellbound me​

I​
cried​
when his words cried​
laughed when they laughed and​
learned when they​
taught​

He used to read to me​

with​
wisdom​
and witty phrases​
he kept me all caught up​
induced an addictive tendency in me​
that made my mind salivate at the thought​
of his words spoken​
to me​

intensified…​
my​
interest​
used to widen​
to feast on his compositions​
like​
a​
fiend​
every sound outside of his voice​
was nonexistent when he used to read to me​
often…​

I​
slipped​
between his lines​
and realized he relished our​
intimate word moments​
just as much​
as​
I​

He used to read to me​

someday…​

I​
hope​
he​
will​

…again​

Sister Poet Cocobutterskyn,

Intimate and lovely. The soft longing behind the subject's words is so touching...so familiar. Sis, I'm searching for words to say when all I can do is breathe this piece in. I love this..I truly do.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Some day I would love to know the object of this wonderful display of love and loyalty. I viewed this piece as a young girl, admiring and loving her father innocently as her first love. And after growing into womanhood, and he in the depth of age and forgetfullness, she once again desired him to be able to read to her again.

cocobutterskyn

May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Spreading Joy.... need some?
As usual I'm Coco come late to reply:) Anywho, thanks everyone for taking time to read and respond. I appreciate it! Be blessed!

MaddSistahlyLove!
Coco:heart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Black Haiku : Intimate Innocence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
4 Black Short Stories : Intimate Encounter.... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 8
Heartbeat Black Haiku : Intimate Inquiry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Poetry : intimate Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Bishop Black Poetry : An Intimate Proposal - Mizdee and Bishop Collab Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
N Black Poetry : Intimate Conversation w/ a Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 22
P Black Poetry : Intimate Interview Part II(Per J'hiah's Request) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : intimate interview 1. (poetic delight questions. jh answers) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Joyce Black Poetry : Intimate Love {Haikued Verses} Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Joyce Black Poetry : Song of Songs...Haikuly Expressed By J'hiah & Joyce...Intimate Poetry...Unfolding Now Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 74
U Black Poetry : Intimate Conversation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : The Day I Became Intimate With Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Intimate Fathers Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Bishop Black Poetry : Black Panther Rug Series - Episode 4: My Most Intimate Romance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
R Black Poetry : he want cake then march after he take the starch out her panties this leads to a conversation that feeds a sexual relation boys have needs grab a word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
J Black Poetry : Juicy sexual color of dark skin in the head is only one word: Divine. My juicy, sweet, goddess. The figure is like a boom boom cool rap beat bass from Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Global Warning by OldSoul (written in Spoken Word and should be read aloud to oneself and with others) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Stop Using the N-Word If You're Not Black African American History Culture 4
candeesweet Black Poetry : The N word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please. Black People Open Forum 69
OldSoul Black People : New Zealand schoolgirl's spoken-word poem about racism Black People Open Forum 1
Perfection Niger : In Context Series: Niger: Origins of the Word Niger 0
J Black Poetry : Forget me Knots - Spoken Word Piece on Paper. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Boyce Watkins boldly calls Omarosa the "B" Word Black People Politics 49
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : He Got the Right One! Black Woman Chases Down Confederate Flag-Wearing Teen Calling Her the N-Word Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : what is wrong with the word 'negro' ??? Black People Politics 5
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : A Word to the Turd=Trump Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
auset mahogani Black People : MEANING OF THE WORD REPTILIAN Black People Open Forum 14
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Bill Maher's use of the N-word AACOOLDRE 0
Al D Black Spirituality Religion : God's Word Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Liberty Black People : Don Cheadle Alleges Donald Trump Used N-Word Black People Open Forum 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The word Jew: A snake and two triangles AACOOLDRE 0
rapchild Black Poetry : Time (Spoken word Audio) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
TruthHitman Black Christians : The Word "Beast" What does It Mean In Scripture Christian Study Group 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Watch: White Man Gets Stomped Out by Black Woman on the Metro After He Calls Her the N-Word [Video] Black Entertainment 12
Nahshon Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: I Refuse To Fail - Nahshon Swanston (Inspirational Spoken Word) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Al D Black People : How great is the power of a word/Struggle or Mission Black People Open Forum 0
Shibboleth Black Spirituality Religion : Is the 'Bible' still the word of God? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Big Bang blows Atheism Sky High: Even Science May Eventually Catch Up to God’s Word Science and Technology 2
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Phoenix High School Seniors Face the Wrath for Human N-Word Collage; School’s Black Student Union We Black Education / Schools 0
Liberty Spoken Word : Queens Be Like (Women Appreciation Spoken Word Poem) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Trinity in Bible of Word/Light AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : D.L. Hughley Blasts Donald Trump: If He Says N-Word, He’ll Be Elected Tomorrow (Video) Black People Politics 2
Al D Black People : The Ugly, Fascinating History Of The Word 'Racism' Black People Open Forum 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE N-Word & Obama AACOOLDRE 0
TruthHitman Black Spirituality Religion : What does the Word Gentile mean In both the Old and New testament? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
John Williams Black Women : Sisters, if the B-Word simply means a female dog, why is the word so offensive sometimes? Black Women 4
HODEE Black People : THE N-WORD IN THE WHITE HOUSE Black People Open Forum 90
ellen covington Black People Politics : Police Commissioner Calls Obama the N-word Black People Politics 86