Amun-Ra : Incest! Now! I said It!

tay_tay225

Feb 22, 2010
Because you did not read all of the first post, you have misconstrued it's meaning and purpose. This isn't about consensual incest among related adults. Most people think that is wrong, but hey... you go into it with eyes wide shut.

What this is about is sexual abuse, sexual assault, molestation, inappropriate touching and sexual activity among two related or closely related individuals, with one person often being younger or smaller, vulnerable and defenseless at the time and are therefore overwhelmed with aggression and power.

From the initial post
I know what this thread about. I said that I didn't originally read it and that I'd simply be stating my opinion.

Are you implying that just because YOU think I don't see it as wrong, my eyes are "wide shut," as you put it?

Da Flash

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 10, 2007
The OC............for now!
Occupation
professional internet surfer
To all of those who were brave enough to share your stories thanks, I can only imagine what you went through. It makes me look back at my childhood in a whole 'nother light!!!

On to a couple of questions/observations that I have/made reading these threads;

After you were attacked by these sick twisted pieces of fecal matter and told your mother yet they did little to nothing to remove you or the pedophile from the situation, how do you forgive your mother for not believing you or for taking the side of the molester?? How does any parent write this off as "oh my child must be trippin'"??

There is a double standard when it comes to male vs. female pedophiles, now this is just an opinion but I think that part of it comes from the fact that a male has to (within reason) want to engage in the penetration aspect of sex where obviously that isn't a requirement of a female.

Any and everytime that a child says that they were "messed with" there should be a thorough investigation as to the validity of the complaint and if it proven to be true, there needs to be some sort of example set out of the guilty party/ies!!!!

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Thereafter Johnnie
by Carolivia Herron

From Publishers Weekly

Bold and brilliant, this lyrical first novel is a compelling modern epic, an allegory of civilization revealed in the pain and passions of an educated African-American family. Composed of 24 parts anchored in the hours of the day, this cyclical tale traces--into the past and future--its heroine's search for her identity. Johnnie Snowdon, mute until the age of 14, is born of the incestuous union between her mother, Patricia, and Patricia's father. When her mother succumbs to madness and commits suicide, Johnnie, who has only vague clues about her father's identity, sets out to find and understand her family. Her odyssey parallels a race war that starts in the nation's capital, as Third World countries battle the U.S. In incantatory prose, Herron evokes the complex eroticism that produced Johnnie, capturing in that metaphor--which is extended in the Snowdon family dynamics--the tensions between black and white, those in power and those in need, those who destroy and those who are self-destructive. Her narrative spans the history of African-Americans, including the incestuous relationships of slaveholders and slaves. Finally, the questing, courageous Johnnie, born of suffering, exemplifies the light that might guide humans toward humane conduct.
Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc.

http://www.amazon.com/Thereafter-Johnnie-Carolivia-Herron/dp/0394576446

LimaBeans

Oct 18, 2010
I used to work for a crisis hotline in New York. It was mostly run by volunteers and I went there 4 hours a day to volunteer my services. I am licensed social worker with a degree in psychology... but even so, I am still appalled by the stories of children, and even adults, who went through incestuous relationships with a person they trusted.

Up until now, it's still very difficult for me to talk about the stories I've heard there. It got to a point that I was physically and emotionally drained not just from the incest I hear, but from all forms of abuse that these callers confide to me.

What I've learned though is that they need the protection. If you can offer a child, or a teener the protection and the assurance that they will not be judged, they will tell you about what happened to them. And from there, you can always get the best help for them.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Secrecy of Incest in African American Families-

Yes it is out there don’t be surprise. The same people you see smiling on the outside are crying out on the inside. Incest has been in American history for many years. Research starts back in the 19th century but really it goes farther. Incest was used during the years of slavery forcing African American men to have sex with “random black women to reproduce like animals” Blacksurvivors.org. Incest was used to control and produce workers and it stayed in our heritage for generations to come. It is still to this day apart of our culture that is not talked about. But, it is time to talk about it. It is time to heal our culture one person at a time. Incest was used to control slaves and it is still used to control.

Generational incest plays a major role in the percentage of African American men and women in prison, the precent of African American women becoming teenager mother and, the percent of African American women and men in abusive relationship. Generational incest is a disease that keeps us down as a culutre, but until one person stands up we will continue to keep us down.

That is where I am coming from I am standing up and saying no more. What is interesting is that with just a little research I have found that others are taking a stand as well.

Via: Patricedhoward.net

Author Patrice D Howard has published a fact-based novel detailing the cycle of generational incest in American families through the eyes of one family. It is a novel that is so detailed one can’t help but feel they need to do something about this situation. What can you do, you might ask? You can speak out. You can be that one. One word might be the change. Stay tuned for our pending review of the upcoming novel, What Happens In My House by Patrice D. Howard.

Read more: Secrecy of Incest in African American Families | QWTJ LIVE One Stop | Black Celebrity News http://qwtjlive.com/2010-10-07-secrecy-incest-african-american-families#ixzz1KXTJvmlb

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
This thread is worth seeing by a new generation of reader.

Excellent!

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Why do you consider the subject of Incest in the black community to be about bashing black males?
the OP referenced Alice walker and her work. as i have stated throughout she is all about the bashing of the black man.
now incest may well be a subject that needs discussion. if you want to bring us all together around the issue you must eliminate the bashing.
when you lead with walker and oprah and their well known bashing of the black man there is a distraction.
if you want to have an honest discussion i suggest that you start without the bashers.

peace

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
the OP referenced Alice walker and her work. as i have stated throughout she is all about the bashing of the black man.
now incest may well be a subject that needs discussion. if you want to bring us all together around the issue you must eliminate the bashing.
when you lead with walker and oprah and their well known bashing of the black man there is a distraction.
if you want to have an honest discussion i suggest that you start without the bashers.

peace
1. I asked for NO discussion. I praised the exchanges I read in the thread.

2. Who are you to decide whom one may reference and whom one may not?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: