Black Parenting : I'm white and need help with my niece.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
Go talk to your sister in law and talk to her about raising your niece for her. Since she is having such a problem. Convince her that her life will have less problems if you help out and become your nieces guardian. Otherwise call a Child Protection Agency to work with you.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
you are dealing with an insane person who has a child.
every one seems to be afraid of her. why?
i assume there is a legal system in canada.

Heather

Nov 18, 2015
you are dealing with an insane person who has a child.
every one seems to be afraid of her. why?
i assume there is a legal system in canada.
She's bad when it comes to this. She provides just about everything else. My niece is excited when she knows her mom is on the way. My niece isn't so much scared of her. When she mentioned these things to her mom, her mom brushes it off with a joke. When it comes to my brother and I, she's really erratic. She takes massive offensive that we are trying to tell she's handling it wrong.

They have joint custody. She's less in her mom's care than my brother's. We don't have to force this. If my niece says: I want to stay at daddy's.
She let's her. Some days my niece wants to go back to her mom's house. We're kinda hoping that in a few years she'll just say that she wants to stay with her dad. He's looking for a house in her school district.

We're a bit apprehensive because generally men don't win custody. She seems really normal on the surface. She put herself through school, she's working her way up in the office. She seems like she really has it together. The only proof is in my niece. I think either way, it would be hard on her.

Thank you again. I'll talk with my brother and see what he's thinking.
Baller really helped me think some things out and get my thoughts together. Legal action really isn't my call. I can talk with my brother. I have a better grasp on what I can do.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Please don't call us "colored women".

Well, the child is going to grow up to know the truth some day; that she's not just tanned but part black.(Or she'll grow up delusional, Idk.) But I don't necessarily see anything wrong with not allowing a child to grow up confused about their identity, but hey, that's just me.
Really? Why?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: