Black Parenting : I'm white and need help with my niece.

Heather

Nov 18, 2015
Thank you. I will take a better look tomorrow morning. :)

So far, it doesn't seem like the forum links are working. A lot of dead links. If I posted this in the wrong place, I'll delete my question. I really have no clue where to go.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Please don't call us "colored women".

Well, the child is going to grow up to know the truth some day; that she's not just tanned but part black.(Or she'll grow up delusional, Idk.) But I don't necessarily see anything wrong with not allowing a child to grow up confused about their identity, but hey, that's just me.

Heather

Nov 18, 2015
Please don't call us "colored women".

Well, the child is going to grow up to know the truth some day; that she's not just tanned but part black.(Or she'll grow up delusional, Idk.) But I don't necessarily see anything wrong with not allowing a child to grow up confused about their identity, but hey, that's just me.
I'm sorry, I changed it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping she doesn't end up delusional. I think no matter what I do, there will be some problems for her. I'm hoping to give her something positive that she can work with.

Heather

Nov 18, 2015
your white sister must have liked Black people at least once.....
My brother is how I'm related to my niece. I can't say he has a problem with someone based on race.
My niece's mom got really bad in the last 3-4 years. I've known her for about 8 years now.

Heather

Nov 18, 2015
[QTE="jamesfrmphilly, post: 934885, member: 4688"]the mother that you describe seems insane.....[/QUOTE]

I really don't get what she's going through. I can't wrap my brain around her logic.

She lies a lot about anything, even about things that don't matter. My brother tried talking to her about not saying racist things. She ends up saying that he must be racist to believe she is being racist. But her next argument is that racism isn't real. I think she tries to make a fantasy world to live in, no matter how contradictory it is.

It does sound insane. I can't say the rest of her mothering is unusual.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍