Black Ancestors : I'm multiracial, and need your honest input

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
My name is Emily. Nice to meet you.
How exactly do I embrace my heritage without feeling the need to hide? I wake up and do the things I have to do, and then go to sleep. That's everyday. In retrospect, it's depressing.

Nice to meet you too ... Just show the paperwork when people ask you what you are:

... public records that Eva Beatrice Dykes is my 1st cousin 5x removed.

... I got a notification from Ancestry's 'We're Related' app, and that notification said: ...

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
angelfrommynightmare. Welcome to the playground.
Is it important for you to prove your ancestry to others? Or, is it good enough to know who you are? People will believe what people will believe...and accept what they choose to accept. And there will always be those who will challenge anything you have to say. If it is your mission to meet each challenge, you will live a miserable existence. KNOW THY SELF...and LET others LIVE the lie they choose to live. Beyond that, be happy.

If you look hard enough, you'll find that mixed-race people includes everyone on the planet.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: