African Traditional Religion : IFA v.s Buddhism.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Buddhism left India with the invasion of the Aryans then fled into China where it became Zen Buddhism at Temples like Shaolin. Zen Buddhism is apart of Chinese culture and even Shaolin monks practice IChing. This is no mystery both Buddhism and Taoism are Chinese culture although the IChing sacred text is not in any Asian language but an African language, that's a best kept secret.
Buddhism left India with the invasion of the Aryans then fled into China where it became Zen Buddhism at Temples like Shaolin. Zen Buddhism is apart of Chinese culture and even Shaolin monks practice IChing. This is no mystery both Buddhism and Taoism are Chinese culture although the IChing sacred text is not in any Asian language but an African language, that's a best kept secret.
You need to attach some dates to the above then it might become clear to you the in accuracy of your statements. Gautama was not Chinese. That's one of the most obvious mistakes you are making.

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
You need to attach some dates to the above then it might become clear to you the in accuracy of your statements. Gautama was not Chinese. That's one of the most obvious mistakes you are making.
oi brother,
I believe I'm going to step out now. This is going no where fast.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
oi brother,
I believe I'm going to step out now. This is going no where fast.
I will step out instead so you can continue. As far as going nowhere fast, I did get a few things out of this. I only ask questions for clarification. If my trying to put statements into an accurate historical context is unwarranted I will cease to ask questions. This ain't mortal combat and I'm not up for infights these days. Like I said, I just don't see the reason for the juxtaposition made.

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
You are simply being combative, I didn't say that Gautama was Chinese. What I said was that the religion of Buddhism left India and retreated into China after Aryan invasion. Most of your questions are not forward questions that mean you've grasped the previous information but rather backward questions like something is an issue with your comprehension skills. Am I wrong?

Stop filling up the thread with carping questions that calls to credibility any of my statements. You have taken this simple post into a very argumentative and image ramming session. Stop that.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
You are simply being combative, I didn't say that Gautama was Chinese. What I said was that the religion of Buddhism left India and retreated into China after Aryan invasion. Most of your questions are not forward questions that mean you've grasped the previous information but rather backward questions like something is an issue with your comprehension skills. Am I wrong?

Stop filling up the thread with carping questions that calls to credibility any of my statements. You have taken this simple post into a very argumentative and image ramming session. Stop that.
Brother, all one need do is compare the dates for the Aryan invasion to the birth of Gautama to see how inaccurate your statements are.peace out.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha, was born in the sixth century B.C. in what is now modern Nepal. His father, Suddhodana, was the ruler of the Sakya people and Siddhartha grew up living the extravagant life of a young prince. According to custom, he married at the young age of sixteen to a girl named Yasodhara. His father had ordered that he live a life of total seclusion, but one day Siddhartha ventured out into the world and was confronted with the reality of the inevitable suffering of life. The next day, at the age of twenty-nine, he left his kingdom and newborn son to lead an ascetic life and determine a way to relieve universal suffering.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
Aryans invaded around 1500 B.C and Buddha was born between from 563 to 483 B.C. I see you're still trying to ruin my credibility with this constant fighting over little issues. What you don't see is that the Aryan race took over the Northern portion of India this is historical fact. Buddha's father's kingdom was in the South, Aryan aggression kept going further and further south until eventually they took over much of the ancient Indo-Kush valley. All this occurred over 1000s of years, now does that clears things up for you? I don't think anything could clear up what is aching you.

Buddhism fled India and made its way into China, this is historical fact! Why debate on this small issue? Zen Buddhism is the philosophy I'm comparing to Ifa here not Buddha himself, so why are you tearing at Buddha? That's your issue not mine.

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
King Sango, What Omowale Jabali and I are trying to tell you is that your statements are not correct, and that you need to study what you state. Your understanding of Buddhism in faulty. I have tried to correct your understanding, and so has Omowale, but you refuse to look into it. Goodbye.

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
I will step out instead so you can continue. As far as going nowhere fast, I did get a few things out of this. I only ask questions for clarification. If my trying to put statements into an accurate historical context is unwarranted I will cease to ask questions. This ain't mortal combat and I'm not up for infights these days. Like I said, I just don't see the reason for the juxtaposition made.
Sorry brother, I meant to say you and I where wasting our time with King Sango. For he thinks his statement are correct....

I was apologissing for having to step away from this tread.

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: