The Front Porch : I'd like to introduce myself.

Haroutune

Jul 2, 2012
Hello everyone, hope all is well.

My name is Haroutune or Harout for short. I am 23 years of age, live in Los Angeles, and am Armenian. I would like to thank Destee for this awesome forum, it has aided me in my spiritual journey. Even though i am of Armenian heritage, i am greatly influenced by African culture. I know that our alphabet comes from the Ethiopian alphabet, our sun worship was influenced by Egyptians, and all civilization comes from Africa. I can not be more in debt to your ancestors and have gotten a mere taste of what it means to be oppressed. My family was broken apart during the Armenian genocide, my great grandmother was sold as a prostitute by the Turks, numerous relatives died in the deserts of Syria. My family unit was destroyed and has been getting worst and worst each generation. I have also been subject to racism ever since September 11, always getting harassed and searched by the police, which might have to do with my dark complexion. My friend's father was also murdered in cold blood because he looked "Muslim". I know that these experiences in my life are no where near the atrocities that have plagued your amazing civilization and people for centuries by the Europeans, but it has made me open my eyes to the injustices and evil in the world.

For the past 2 years i have worked as an EMT in the cities of Los Angeles, Compton, and Inglewood. i have seen how our broken food system has effected the African-American and poor communities all around the states. My spiritual guide has led me to pursue farming and to come back to those communities to install small scale, urban community farms. Thank you for listening, and one day i hope to be of assistance to the African community.

thanks.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Hello everyone, hope all is well.

My name is Haroutune or Harout for short. I am 23 years of age, live in Los Angeles, and am Armenian. I would like to thank Destee for this awesome forum, it has aided me in my spiritual journey. Even though i am of Armenian heritage, i am greatly influenced by African culture. I know that our alphabet comes from the Ethiopian alphabet, our sun worship was influenced by Egyptians, and all civilization comes from Africa. I can not be more in debt to your ancestors and have gotten a mere taste of what it means to be oppressed. My family was broken apart during the Armenian genocide, my great grandmother was sold as a prostitute by the Turks, numerous relatives died in the deserts of Syria. My family unit was destroyed and has been getting worst and worst each generation. I have also been subject to racism ever since September 11, always getting harassed and searched by the police, which might have to do with my dark complexion. My friend's father was also murdered in cold blood because he looked "Muslim". I know that these experiences in my life are no where near the atrocities that have plagued your amazing civilization and people for centuries by the Europeans, but it has made me open my eyes to the injustices and evil in the world.

For the past 2 years i have worked as an EMT in the cities of Los Angeles, Compton, and Inglewood. i have seen how our broken food system has effected the African-American and poor communities all around the states. My spiritual guide has led me to pursue farming and to come back to those communities to install small scale, urban community farms. Thank you for listening, and one day i hope to be of assistance to the African community.

thanks.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Welcome to Destee.com Haroutune, enjoy your stay with us; hope you continue to find this website an inspiration to your ideals and what not.

Peace In,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lon The Front Porch : Hello Fellow Destee Members Allow me to Introduce Myself The Front Porch 2
Everett The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Everett The Front Porch 4
Jaya Makara The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself to you The Front Porch 5
Apollyon Black People : Israelites in Indian History - Let me introduce myself Black People Open Forum 414
M The Front Porch : I would like to introduce myself as one whom God has enlightened. The Front Porch 3
L The Front Porch : Just want to Introduce myself, and why the black community should unite! The Front Porch 7
E Black Poetry : May I Introduce Myself? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Black Poetry : just to introduce myself... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
S Black Poetry : Allow me to Introduce Myself....I'm just a servant Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Lawmakers introduce bill to honor officer who led Capitol rioters away from Senate Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Omar to Introduce Resolution Declaring Support for Anti-Israel BDS Movement Black People Politics 38
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Senate’s Three Black Members Introduce Bill to Finally Make Lynching a Federal Crime Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : ABC won't shake up format to introduce minority 'Bachelor' Black Entertainment 1
MsInterpret Black Relationships : When is a good time to introduce him to the family? Black Relationships 17
info-moetry Black Poetry : Introduce me to your god…….please! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Destee The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself? The Front Porch 832
C Black People : I Count Myself To Comprehend Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Have pride like URKEL and can divide a circle into three equal parts there's a knife in legal art wow cut myself looking at a girl strut butt deft boo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
TotalView Black Poetry : a note from my poetry to myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Made Myself Into An Artifact Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black' Black People Politics 134
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothin' (Open Up The Door, I'll Get It Myself) Black Entertainment 10
A Black People : Awakening Myself Black People Open Forum 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Shy Is Bold (fore myself) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Ruth (fore myself) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Killer Within At Ease (fore myself) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Isaiah (fore myself) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Job=Tree of Life+Two Pyramids (fore myself) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Ephesian (Fore Myself) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : To myself and others/not personal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Coming to terms with Myself and My views on God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Nahshon Black Poetry : I Am That Which I Call Myself, I Am A Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
WhatNeedsToBeDone The Front Porch : introducing myself The Front Porch 6
1poetsought Black Poetry : i touch myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Nahshon Black Poetry : What I Have Learned About Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
luvmia Black Women : If I was a Black Girl in love with myself.... Black Women 1
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : This song is gangsta Brian McKnight Find Myself In You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
chuck Black People : What Do I Owe Myself: What Do I 'Owe' You Too? Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : De La Soul - Me, Myself And I Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Mikha'el Black Poetry : Free Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
NittyGrit Black Poetry : me, myself and she Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black Poetry : EXPRESSION OF LOVE FOR MYSELF Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Picture Image Gallery : here is myself Black Picture Image Gallery 6
J Black Relationships : Don't See Myself Marrying A Black Woman Black Relationships 21
G Black People : I don't love myself...Self Hatred... I want to look like You Black People Open Forum 2
PatriceCQueen Black Poetry : When I Open Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : MYSELF ... REDEFINED Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
F Black Women : Introducing myself Black Women 9
river Black Relationships : What Marriage Taught Me About Myself Black Relationships 26
howardtsu Black Poetry : I'm Only Mad at Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6