Food Discussion : I refuse to cook without my _______!

phynxofkemet

Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
Kitchen Must Have's

The holy trinity - ginger, garlic and onions

Paprika, cayenne, curry, black pepper, basil and oregeno, are spice staples

Must have a clean kitchen!

Love to have my ipod playing nearby, and good cookware is a must!

largo

Nov 15, 2009
If it came down to an absolute, my answer is a really good salt. It flavors, tenderizes and preserves with out the need for refrigeration. Other than that, I would not want to do without my herb & spice rack, my knives, my cast iron, and my good extra virgin olive oil.

Fieldpea

Oct 15, 2005
The 602
I refuse to cook without my......

electric wok, olive, grapeseed and sesame oils, slow cooker, cast iron skillet, my copper bottom pot, springform pans, garlic press, onions (white, yellow, green and red), two favorite prep knives--my pare or slice and chop anything knives--Lea and Perrin worchestershire, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

There's not much that I don't do in my kitchen every day that I'm not working with something from that list above--especially my wok, the oils, garlic, onions and chipotle peppers.

One Love, and PEACE

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
So many have already covered my staples....

I was taught to "clean as I cook," so sudsy sink is a must for me too.

"The Trinity" (check)

crock pot (check)

pressure cooker

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Sister Bootzey ... i'm not much of a cook ... but the one thing i can't cook without ... is a sink full of hot, soapy, dishwater! :D

It makes me uncomfortable, to see people cooking without it!

As a matter of fact, i'd rather do the cleaning (after) of the kitchen, than the cooking ... if i have a choice! :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

My mama always stressed being a clean, hygienic cook was apart of being a great cook. Always keep it clean. Clean hands, counter, utensils, everything!!! lol

Don't know what it is I'd refuse to cook without, because I've had to do with very, very little before, and still come up with something.

ashleysummer

Sep 14, 2015
I refuse to cook without my copper cookware . It has the best heat conductivity coupled with a good heat capacity/volume unit. It also looks pretty nice. Getting some copper cookware is a bit like getting a microwave or a serious chef's knife - once you get it you can't go without.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: