The Front Porch : i have put together a petition to address the issues of legal slavery in our country it reads as fol

is this the move for all Americans

• not at this time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

davidepatton

Jan 31, 2013
my friends

my name is david e. patton and my public name in Uncle David. I am a poet-composer-playwriting and so on. here is the issues that much close to my heart and that yours also. please join us in this

much brotherly love

uncle david

i have put together a petition to address the issues of legal slavery in our country it reads as following

To amend the 13 Amendment of the Constitution of the United States to remove the legalization of slavery in our country

Since the addiction of the 13 Amendment to our constitution which abolished slavery, it have been a little known and little taught fact that our constitution have alway maintained the legalization of enslaving some part of the American population. With the election of our first African American president this legalization of slavery remains enshrined in the very symbol that stands for Democracy and freedom for all. To spread Democratic values and hope to other parts of our world when we ourselves can not assure our own people of the hope that we are willing to live by our words. To live by our words in 2013, knowing or not that some Americans can be legally held in slavery as dictated by the 13 Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America is a word that insults our nation you will and only if you wish to do so please add your name to what must be done to safe guard the liberty of our children yet to be born do not let us alive today leave this hanging over their heads

thank you so much

if you will and only if you wish to do so please add your name to what must be done to safe guard the liberty of our children yet to be born do not let us alive today leave this hanging over their heads

thank you so much

david

will you help me to spread the word

the 13th Amendment allowed those classified as convents to still be held as slaves, in 2013 USA slavery is enshrined in our Constitution within and enforced by the 13th Amendment i as you know that the our education system have gone to great pains the deceive our American people as to the true nature of the kind of democracy which we are living under. and the election of the first African American president have proven that he intends after 4 years to maintain the legalization of slavery in our country sir/ms please help me to spread the word for i am sure that if our fellow Americans was shown how they was taught that they will act to have this temptation of controlling other Americans stricken from the Constitution

thanks much

david e. patton

13th amendment

Text

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.[2]

Effects

The Thirteenth Amendment completed the abolition of slavery in the United States, which had begun with President Abraham Lincoln issuing the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863.[10]

Shortly after the amendment's adoption, selective enforcement of certain laws, such as laws against vagrancy, resulted in blacks continuing to be subjected to involuntary servitude in some cases, particularly in the South.[11] See also Black Codes.

Southern states hired out prisoners to private companies and interests as convict lease labor to pay off court fees for such offenses. As these states made the lessees responsible for the prisoners' food, clothing and housing, these states did not build any prisons until late in the nineteenth century. Law enforcement and businessmen colluded to entrap freedmen and convict them, so they could gain revenues from convict lease labor.

The Thirteenth Amendment is the first of the Reconstruction Amendments. It was followed by the Fourteenth Amendment (civil rights in the states) in 1868, and the Fifteenth Amendment (which bans racial voting restrictions) in 1870.

-=-=-
if any believe that the justice system of America have shown itself to be fair to all of it people then I do understand why you may believe that there is no harm to our future Americans by leaving this law enshrined in our Constitution, however if the reverse is true of our justice system then none of us should be willing to leave this matter in the hands of future politicians

david e. patton

because this is my first post i am not allowed to post a link. but look what i have done below and work out the site

thabks much
petitions---whitehouse,---gov/---petition-13--amendment-

david e. Patton posted to PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton

let this generation remove this crime from over the heads of our future American children, the baby boomer of which i am at the tail end will not do so and yes i know that when we make noise as we much some will not join because after 4 years our first African American president have held his tongue and some of us do not wish to embarrass him for all that he have on his plate but he as i will pass away in our time but generations upon generation of black and white kids will come still, is it not better to do for them now, and let those of us who now enjoy life face the music of our action taken and or not taken? i tell all, i am a poet of the old radical school in the like of the fathers of rap. the last poet of which one of its foundering member is my friend who lives in Africa now, but i will not go to my grave without fighting and if i must calling names knowing not what future American's politicians will do in 50 to 100 years with this, the 13th amendment still on the books, indeed enshrined in our very constitution. most my age (59) like my sisters and brothers of my blood who have yet after a week to sign up will do as they will and may or not join us after we have enough numbers, so be it, i love them dearly.. my name is David e. Patton i go by the name Uncle David , Charlie Patton, the Father of the Delta Blues is my great grand Uncle and i will be **** if i sat down while this is the true face of our America--join me, you need not even use your first or last name, please step up and let our children grow up in a country that do not holds legalized slavery enshrined in our constitution over their heads

much peace and brotherly love be with you in theses times of wars and legalized slavery in our country

Uncle David

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
my friends

my name is david e. patton and my public name in Uncle David. I am a poet-composer-playwriting and so on. here is the issues that much close to my heart and that yours also. please join us in this

much brotherly love

uncle david

i have put together a petition to address the issues of legal slavery in our country it reads as following

To amend the 13 Amendment of the Constitution of the United States to remove the legalization of slavery in our country

david e. patton

because this is my first post i am not allowed to post a link. but look what i have done below and work out the site

thabks much
petitions---whitehouse,---gov/---petition-13--amendment-

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Welcome Uncle David, and keep up the good work; I've signed the Petition:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Work with Congress to close the 13th Amendment slavery loophole

Films like “Lincoln”, “Django Unchained” and “The Abolitionist” have sparked national conversations around slavery.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...lose-13th-amendment-slavery-loophole/P58rW1GT

Peace In,

Last edited:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
:hello: davidepatton ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! Sorry i'm all late and stuff!

Brother Clyde Coger ... for adding a / the link! Good Looking Out!

Much Much Love and Peace Everyone!

:heart:

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Black Jokes Humor : Bush can't put the puzzle together! Black Jokes Humor 6
M Black Poetry : Put Stuff Together Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
M Black People : How should I put it? Black People Open Forum 4
candeesweet Black Poetry : Origins and Visions simply put Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Patrick Mahomes not only tried a no-look pass, but pulled it off. Put him in the HOF already Black Sports 0
R Black Poetry : Put these rhymes in a container which exist and consist of one or more words and galore verbs my str Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Gun Ownership : Study: How Arming Teachers Can Put Students Of Color At Greater Risk Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Study: Undocumented farm workers put food system at risk Black Health and Wellness 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Put on some white Clothes & take off the black AACOOLDRE 0
Fine1952 Black People : Why Did FEMA Just Put a Rush Order on 5 Million Bottles Of Water? Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : kenny smith challenges players to put 10% of their salary into the community.... Black Sports 48
Queenie Health and Wellness : Put the fork down and read... Black Health and Wellness 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Lawsuit: Cops Put Black Woman in Mental Hospital Because They Didn't Believe She Owned BMW Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan: 'We need to put the American flag down' Black People Politics 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh/Foods to never put in the refrigerator Black Health and Wellness 5
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : ???Why Did Hannibal Buress Put Bill Cosby On Blast??? Black Entertainment 516
shaka64 Law Forum : Cop Watch!!Time to put up or shut up Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Fine1952 Black Positive People : Three Put Shame to Wall Street Black People Doing Positive Things 1
RAPTOR Black Money Business Jobs : Seattle Activists Vow to Put $15 Wage on Ballot Black Money Business Jobs 20
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Why You Need to Put Your Brain on a Fitness Plan, Too Black Health and Wellness 0
RAPTOR Black People : Amos Wilson: An analysis of black on black violence put in social context Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Health law to put calorie info on vending machines Black Health and Wellness 5
Alarm Clock Black People : Would the Assaults on the Black community in the past 15 years been put up with in 60s, 70s, 80s?? Black People Open Forum 6
chuck Black People : Up To Us To Put Forth Our Takes This Nation's Agendas Too! Black People Open Forum 36
ComUnity Uplifter Black People : What do you put your energy into? Black People Open Forum 13
S Black People : Put Your Dictionaries Down, Vol 1: "B" does not mean female dog. Black People Open Forum 4
ManicRaider Black People : How does one put himself before others? Black People Open Forum 7
Aluku Black Education / Schools : New Movie will Put Spotlight on our Failing Public Education System Black Education / Schools 53
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama Urges Congress to Help Put Teachers Back to Work Black People Politics 5
MsVeraisblessed Black People : Something bout this pic..can't put my finger on it. Black People Open Forum 22
Tutorials Audio Video Web Conferencing : How To Put A Member On Ignore - Video Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Tutorials Support : How To Put A Member On Ignore - Video Tutorial Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : Put Others on Ignore - Before Calling Me In Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 27
rapunzal24 Black Relationships : He didn't put his hand on my lap he put it in my lap, lol! Black Relationships 38
Ankhur Black People : Like Pinochet in Spain, War Criminals Bush/Cheney, put on trial in Malaysia Black People Open Forum 0
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Do You Put Your Friends First? Black Relationships 12
SophiaG Support : How do I put specific members on ignore? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Nina Simone - I put a spell on you Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : OK What Have You Done for the Black Community Where You Live? Put up or ...well you Know!! Black People Open Forum 8
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : I Put A Spell On You Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black Relationships : She Wont Put Out? Black Relationships 173
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Texas man wrongly put away for 18 years denied compensation after legal glitch Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
MsInterpret Black People : Teen put in jail after being raped Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : Who put a preacher with 50 parishioners in the press? and what resulted in Africa? Black People Open Forum 13
Ankhur Black People : Who put the ban on Aristede's Lavalas party?? Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Put a SONG in your heart Black Entertainment 10
Ankhur Black People : Corie Booker plans to put Newark water rights on the street corner? Black People Open Forum 2