Black People : I have grown to DETEST "Black History Month"

Feb 26, 2008
In it's current format, that is.:teach::teach: First let me say that I grew up in an AFROCENTRIC home. We were taught about our TRUE history. this was a bit unusual at that time. In my parents home Marcus garvey, MalX and Bro kenyatta were among many icons. So, while I overstand the concept of "Black History Month" and agree with it one could go almost a whole month and NEVER here of many of our great ancestors. They trot out the same folk (nothin but love and respect for them) and make you think that our struggle began in 1960.:qqb013: calling them "Afrikan Amerikkkans", (another term that I detest, but thats for another forum) talking about the "Civil Rights movement" as if it was not and has not always been WAR! A war against an INHUMAN MONSTER (learn the origin of the word HUMAN) :) You hear almost NOTHING about AGFRIKANS who slashed the throats of there DEVIL slavers. Almost nothing about AFRIKANS in AFRIKA that led glorious revolutions. Nothing hardly about AFRIKANS in what is now called Europe. In short...... It is NOT teaching our youth either our TRUE history, Our bravery, Our inovative, WORLD shaping inventions. It is turning into a commercial, homogenized, "We are the World" type BS! So, I am gonna spend it spreading the TRUTH and the word about The Most Highs CHOSEN people. The AFRIKAN! :cool:

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
In it's current format, that is.:teach::teach: First let me say that I grew up in an AFROCENTRIC home. We were taught about our TRUE history. this was a bit unusual at that time. In my parents home Marcus garvey, MalX and Bro kenyatta were among many icons. So, while I overstand the concept of "Black History Month" and agree with it one could go almost a whole month and NEVER here of many of our great ancestors. They trot out the same folk (nothin but love and respect for them) and make you think that our struggle began in 1960.:qqb013: calling them "Afrikan Amerikkkans", (another term that I detest, but thats for another forum) talking about the "Civil Rights movement" as if it was not and has not always been WAR! A war against an INHUMAN MONSTER (learn the origin of the word HUMAN) :) You hear almost NOTHING about AGFRIKANS who slashed the throats of there DEVIL slavers. Almost nothing about AFRIKANS in AFRIKA that led glorious revolutions. Nothing hardly about AFRIKANS in what is now called Europe. In short...... It is NOT teaching our youth either our TRUE history, Our bravery, Our inovative, WORLD shaping inventions. It is turning into a commercial, homogenized, "We are the World" type BS! So, I am gonna spend it spreading the TRUTH and the word about The Most Highs CHOSEN people. The AFRIKAN! :cool:

Ionly,

Have you watched a documentary on PBS called AFRICANS IN AMERICA? i saw it about 3 years ago(it's 6 hours long) in the States... it changed my life, here is the link on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/shop.html

Feb 26, 2008
Ionly,

Have you watched a documentary on PBS called AFRICANS IN AMERICA? i saw it about 3 years ago(it's 6 hours long) in the States... it changed my life, here is the link on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/shop.html

I did sis. And thank you for reminding me. I jist called my friend at public radio to get it for me. Trust me , i am going to talk about a lot of uncomfortable subjects, such as the seeds of homosexuality aka the rape of the Male Afrikan Slave.

Jahari Kavi

Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
I agree. The concept of what is "african history" is given to us by others. That's why I take things like Black History month, and CNN specials of "Black in America" with a grain of salt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black Men : FROM GROWN MEN TO GROWN BOYS!!! How did we get here? Black Men 0
Senegal Black Sports : Magic and Isiah Share Grown Man Moment Black Sports 1
R Black Poetry : like well known characteristics tell stories strong and ballistic they grown and twisted but when t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
shaka64 Black People : Teen Girl BRUTALLY PUNCHED By GROWN Man At Detroit Roller Rink!! Black People Open Forum 15
shaka64 Black People : The Bar-Kays Official Video for "Grown Folks" Black People Open Forum 0
KPITRL Black People : Ever Had Your Blackness Challenged By a Complete Stranger, After You Were Grown? Black People Open Forum 0
PurpleMoons Science and Technology : The Best-Looking Laboratory-Grown Ear Yet Science and Technology 2
MsInterpret Black People : When is a person considered Full Grown? Black People Open Forum 5
Destee Higher Standard Required : Want Mature / Sexual / Grown Folk Discussion Threads? - Only in Premium Member Private Forum Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 14
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Body Language - Anthony David (Grown Folks Music) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : For Grown Folks Only Song: Stand Up In It Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Spoonful - Howlin' Wolf (Grown Folks Blues) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Mad Skillz Black People : No Food Shall Be Grown That White Folk Don't Own Black People Open Forum 2
PoeticManifesta Black Picture Image Gallery : Grown and sexy... (edit 8/4) Black Picture Image Gallery 16
F Black Picture Image Gallery : The Grown & Sexy party for my sis 21st b-day Black Picture Image Gallery 7
R Black People : Is there any reason for grown men to fist fight? Black People Open Forum 19
T Black Entertainment : Check out grown and sexy?? Black Entertainment 0
A Coming: Laboratory-Grown Meat... Black Health and Wellness 7
Smartgurl Black Relationships : Grown & Sexy B-day Gift For a Man? Black Relationships 7
Khasm13 Khasm13 : ima grown @ss man dawg... Khasm13 17
P Black Poetry : If u havent grown by now... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
J Black Poetry : The Game (for grown folks) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Black Poetry : Grown A*s Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Poetry : grown apart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black People : Is America Too Grown,Too Soon? Black People Open Forum 8
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Ramblin' bout Grown Folk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
U Black Poetry : Doin It With The Lytes On (Grown Folks Style) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
M Black Poetry : Grown *** Woman! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Black Poetry : Grown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black Poetry : I said I was grown and all, but... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Hdlr Black Poetry : Decisions on Detest Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 1
Discerning Black People Politics : Kristen Welker made all Black women proud tonight Black People Politics 4