Black Relationships : I asked some brothas, whats the difference between thick and fat..Response:

PoeticManifesta

Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
Hey yall...
I hear this term so often now a days..
"thick".. a curvacious woman
and "fat" being an over weight woman..

this group of guys ranging from 23-33 came to a conclusion that thick and fat is boils down to this phrase...

"Thick women have thick thighs and buttox.... shapely
fat women have big thighs and buttox.. unshapely....

thick women dont have what appears to be "rugburn" between your thighs...

To be politically correct.. and to represent more than just 6 guys..
what do you all think?

Ladies.. I would like you all to respond as well..
but.. on the topic of not how you see yourselves..
but how you see other women in our culture..

Slowly

Feb 20, 2006
Pacific NW
Occupation
electronic technician
Sis, I think that's a subjective term. I have a neighbor and almost every time she see's me she says, " You always smiling, I like a man smiling". But she don't know what I'm smiling at. I like 'skinny' women, I prefer a size 12 or less, a 8 is perfect. But this sister is about a size? 24 or 30, if not more. I'm guessing but her measurments are like 50, 38, 54 and she looks good, no slop, when she stop, no shaking. So is she fat or thick?

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005

Hey Sister Poetic:wave:. Every man has his own definition of thick. Most Black men see thick as a healthy rear end, a stacked up legs, and a "C" cup or higher, although I haven't encountered too many Black men who put a preference on a large chest.

I would say a thick woman would range between a size 10-18, and has 2 of the 3 "thick qualities". Most Sisters do. I don't "judge women", but for an example...Raven Symone is 3 way "thick" (breast, thighs, and behind). Ki Toy is 2 way "thick" (thighs, and behind), and someone like J-Lo is 1 way thick (behind). And contrary to popular belief, "thick" is a not a code word for fat. IMO, it means a woman who is slightly larger than an athletic build. However, to each his own. If a man smiles while calling a woman thick, it's all good. Doing otherwise, should clue a woman in. To each his own:sand:

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
PoeticManifesta said:
Hey yall...
I hear this term so often now a days..
"thick".. a curvacious woman
and "fat" being an over weight woman..

this group of guys ranging from 23-33 came to a conclusion that thick and fat is boils down to this phrase...

"Thick women have thick thighs and buttox.... shapely
fat women have big thighs and buttox.. unshapely....

thick women dont have what appears to be "rugburn" between your thighs...

To be politically correct.. and to represent more than just 6 guys..
what do you all think?

Ladies.. I would like you all to respond as well..
but.. on the topic of not how you see yourselves..
but how you see other women in our culture..

Peace Poetic,

IMHO, the only difference is in the mind state of the brother you ask this ? too!

peace

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
info-moetry said:
Peace Poetic,

IMHO, the only difference is in the mind state of the brother you ask this ? too!

peace

This is very true!
I'm a size 14 ,big bow hips and a big butt,some call me fat some say I'm thick. What really matters to me is how I feel about me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech _ Accepted the Prize, and asked " Why "... When We Have A Way To Go Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Intensive aggression could lead to expensive questions asked by a girlfriend like STAR WARS proceed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Gary Johnson reportedly once asked an aide: 'Who's Harriet Tubman?' Black People Politics 0
R Black People : Jamal Bryant asked to leave the city of Baltimore by activist Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : GoFundMe Page Asked for Money to Cover Dylann Roof's Sister’s Wedding After Charleston Shooting Black People Politics 6
shaka64 Black People : Professor Griff: Quincy Jones Asked Tupac To Black People Open Forum 1
shaka64 Black People : Cops shoots unarmed man when asked for his license Black People Open Forum 2
legit-writer Black People : Teachers Are Asked to Take Out Bank Loan For Purchasing School Supplies Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Support : New FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Area - Post Your Suggestions Here Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Destee Premium Members Only : New FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Area - I Need Your Help Premium Members Premium Members Only 17
dunwiddat Premium Members Only : Someone Asked Me This Premium Members Only 24
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Final Question Asked In The Mystery System of Ancient Kemet Black People Open Forum 3
MsInterpret Black Relationships : How would you feel if you was asked to get tested? Black Relationships 35
E Black People : Responding to Questions Asked, But Thread Was Closed Black People Open Forum 20
Ankhur Black People : After bailing out banks, Geithner is asked, Where are the Jobs????? Black People Open Forum 0
cocobutterskyn Black Poetry : He Asked Me To Write A Poem... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I Was Asked To Share What Does A Divine Black Spiritual Retreat Entail, So I share wi Chief Elder Osiris 6
Destee Black People : Frequently Asked Questions Black People Open Forum 10
G Black Entertainment : THIS IS WHAT RAPPER SNOOP DOGG SAID WHEN ASKED ABOUT Black Entertainment 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Who asked you to love God? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
H Black Spirituality Religion : Chester asked the High Priest. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : I Asked God... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : Asked Why Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
HODEE Black Poetry : Somebody asked me What Happened Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
O Black Poetry : And she asked @ Reason Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
H Quiet Poetry Lounge : i asked for u ..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : He Asked (Forsight) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
T Black Poetry : somebody asked me...(again!)repost Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
K Black Poetry : I asked I answered Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Black Poetry : somebody asked me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
CosmicMessenger Black Poetry : Brothas Caught Up In The Matrix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Brothas, our Black Women are waiting for you to do these things Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Brothas: If she asks you out on a date.... Black Relationships 54
ru2religious Black People : Thickness - yes or no brothas? Black People Open Forum 12
ru2religious Black People : Single Brothas - We have a major problem to deal with - Seriously!!! Black People Open Forum 44
T Black Entertainment : Where are my brothas and sistahs that listen to house music Black Entertainment 90
river Brothas, Would This Hurt? Black Men 18
T Black Relationships : for all the brothas out there... a serious question Black Relationships 10
MANASIAC Black Relationships : Brothas would you date an unemployed sista? Black Relationships 34
river Brothas, Am I Right to Feel Insulted? Black Men 29
1 Black Relationships : Brothas Only please:How can you tell if a Guy is TRUELLY into you for you? Black Relationships 13
Sekhemu Black Relationships : Do sistahs compliment brothas in public, and if not, why not? Black Relationships 26
nevar Black Relationships : brothas who do you prefer? Black Relationships 30
nevar Black Relationships : to all the brothas.... Black Relationships 71
nevar Black Poetry : To all my brothas' who love thick sistas'... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 45
S Do Intelligent Brothas Feel Alone? Black Men 80
Joyce Black Haiku : A Haiku Challenge For The Brothas... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 22
KWABENA BROTHAS.......READY TO BE DRAFTED? Black Children 11
KWABENA Black Relationships : BROTHAS............. Why would you NOT date a Sistah? Black Relationships 100
S Black Relationships : Brothas living on the Down Low. Black Relationships 15