The battles that I fight within self,
The hell confines my image of man
Lord I ready to lay down, my soul
Has been killed, and my treasures, have been
Demise the thought of I being a man.

I know the night shall pass on,
I know the morning when it calls,
Da’ woman that I love, raped and bound,
I’se lest than De man, as the devil steals all I own.
I'll lie in the grave and stretch out my arms,
I'll go to judgment, I’se already dead, my soul has no
Form to hold, nevertheless, I walk as a man, talk as a man,
But who is man? Who cannot defend his woman and Chilean?
As the slave master, claims it all,
in the evening of the day,
And my soul and thy soul shall meet that day,
When I lay this body down.

haunting echo of these weird old cries, I’se man,
the soul of the black slave, I speak as a man,
Ever since I leave my mama womb,
Born in slavery, without permission
Of what I wont to be, I was a child these songs,
Mama in the fields, daddy being whip for
Being black as me, I’se ready to dye,
Have stirred me in the darkness of my way.
They came out of the South unknown to me,
One by one, Negroes dye upon the tree,
and yet at once, I’se see me as a black man,
De master took me from my mama arms,

I knew them as of me and of mine,
Oh a cowardly deformity I represent, the tears
Upon my woman eyes, oh the bitter taste of brim
As they raped my baby at ten,
Man could never understand my prey,
O, lord God, I have felt the pain of the cross,
full of the voices of my brothers and sisters
born this side the seas
I'll hear the trumpet sound in that morning
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
song of the End and the Beginning
My Lord calls me,
He calls me by the dark of the eve’ning
The trumpet sounds it in my soul.

I lay upon the darken ground
Lord takes my soul,
What is man, when the devil stands
Before your land, and the white hooded
Horse, and men, with mask, keep you
In your place, but de lord is master,
I live below the grounds of the devil
Lord will fight my battle
I shall stand tall as a man.

copywrite 2003
all rights reserved

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
To be a man, to witness all this and not be able to act upon it, what does this do to a man soul? Just the thought of this. But I believe intentions also make the man, when the intent is all he's allowed to have. Thought provoking and well written piece.

ASHANTA

Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn N. Y.
yes my brothers and sister the hero that lives within among all the odds, to live through captivity and stand as a warrior.

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
ashanta...
what a special group...to survive all that
what a special man...special woman...special race...
do we all understand that....
that what my slave rooted americans is about...your poem
only reinforces that for me..
and i thank thee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black People Politics : WILL THE REAL REPUBLICANS PLEASE STAND, OR IS THIS WHO THEY ARE Black People Politics 69
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Does BIPOC Stand For? Here’s Why You Should Consider Using the Term to Be More Inclusive African American History Culture 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Love's Final Stand Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Woman convicted in ‘stand your ground’ case to help others Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Senegal Law Forum : Stand Your Ground Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : killings-increase after stand-your-ground-law Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : stand-your-ground-law only works when black-targets Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
alcase Black People Politics : Will The Real Hillary Clinton Please Stand Up Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem.... Black Sports 104
Queenie Black People Politics : Clinton - Kaine Stand on the Issues Black People Politics 6
Al D Black People : Stand with The Movement for Black Lives Black People Open Forum 1
Liberty The Police : So This Happened: Delaware Cops Beat Disabled Man After His Quadriplegic Wife Fails To Stand Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
R Black Poetry : My plan great but like candidates I stand to debate cats About matters and no doubt this scatters ru Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : Black Man Exercises "Stand Your Ground" right In Florida, Did Not Go To Jail Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
coey30 Black Poetry : Men... Stand UP! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
coey30 Black Poetry : Men... Stand UP! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Burning Spear - I Stand Strong Black Entertainment 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Neely Fuller - why black people cant stand one another OldSoul 9
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Florida woman shoots her mother, cites ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
skuderjaymes Black Spirituality Religion : Will a real woman of God please stand up? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Therious Law Forum : Another stand your ground case in FLA Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 13
Khasm13 The Montclairs - Do I Stand a Chance - 1972 [Soul] Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: STAND UP - Al Green Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
legit-writer Black People : Has the 'Stand Your Ground' Law Been Abused? Black People Open Forum 3
river Black Spirituality Religion : Will the True Creator Please Stand Up? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 22
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : HERE I STAND : USHER Black Entertainment 1
Kadijah Black People : 3 intruders broke into S.Car. man's apt & shot him b4 his 8 yr old son, claiming Stand Your Ground Black People Open Forum 1
Enki Jails / Prisons : Marissa Alexander, Florida Mom, Faces Mandatory 20 Years In Prison After Failed Stand-Your-Ground Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 33
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Stand on NY Street and Allow Strangers to Touch Their Hair Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 42
Alarm Clock Africa : Africa Land Grabs: Farmers in several African countries stand up against Bolloré All Things Africa 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Retired Police Lieutenant Murders his own son.. Cites Florida's Stand your Ground law. Black People Open Forum 1
Y Black People : Will the REAL AMERICANS Please Stand Up?!! Black People Open Forum 111
R Black Poetry : My rap stand ready to adapt plans Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : Boyz II Men- Please Don't Go/Can You Stand The Rain (live) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Why Couldn't Marissa Alexander Stand Her Ground in Florida? Black People Open Forum 13
Keita Kenyatta Black People : A House Divided Can Not Stand Black People Open Forum 2
cariol The Front Porch : United we stand, divided we fall. Please help me stand against police brutality and coverups. The Front Porch 13
Fine1952 Black People : "Stand Your Ground" Black People Open Forum 3
legit-writer Black People : Local family says Stand Your Ground law failed them Black People Open Forum 2
legit-writer Black People : Coke withdraws from group that backs Stand Your Ground law Black People Open Forum 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Self-defense vs Stand your ground laws AACOOLDRE 8
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Will The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up (feat. Eminem) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : For Grown Folks Only Song: Stand Up In It Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Black-king Black Entertainment : Naudo Stand By Me. Black Entertainment 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : New Edition - Can You Stand The Rain Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : I STAND ACCUSED Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
L Cote d'Ivoire : For Those Who Want to Stand Up for Cote d'Ivoire, & for Africa! Cote d'Ivoire 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The World Can Not Stand A Unified Black Uprising Chief Elder Osiris 1
B Black Poetry : For my son: I stand, watching over you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Istari Black People : Innocent blacks and Hispanics stand good chance of being harassed by NY Police Black People Open Forum 1