Black People : Hurricane Ivan

Sangofa

Oct 11, 2003
My heart goes out to those that are being affected by the hurricane. Also to those that lost love ones. Everyone will definately be in my prayers. I hope that those in this forum that are affected by the hurricane are safe. I hope that Destee is safe. I pray that God protects each and everyone.[/FONT] :(

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Bless your sweet darling heart Sister Sangofa :love:

Thank you for your love and concern. I am okay. I am currently in Illinois and my son, who was in Mobile, left a couple of days ago with some friends headed for Houston. They decided to make a fun trip out of this circumstance. So me and mine are all doing fine, again thanks so much for your concern.

I do have friends in Mobile and the ones i've talked to are all doing fine. It seems that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. God is Good.

I too pray for those who have lost life and property.

Thanks again for the love and concern Sister.

:heart:

Destee

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT HURRICANES?!!

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT HURRICANES?!

I just got hit by Frances a couple weeks ago. All I did was pray that Ivan did not come for us. There are still people without power, trees in the middle of the streets and sidewalks, backyard screens ripped and torn apart. Frances costed us about $10-$15 billion. Things are very expensive down here. You can only wonder what it feels like to be in a gas line for 6 hours, and then by the time you get to the pump, there is no more gas. Being in the same house for 96 hours without any food, power, or electricity? It is NOT something pleasant. Misinformation being spreaded around the radio (since that was the only power we had (Batteries) and riots breaking out at gas stations closing the stations down, waiting in line for 5 hours to get plywood, that was our region's experience. We lost alot, but I need to admit, we are nothing campared to Ivan. I feel bad for the West Indies, and for Alabama and Georgia and the rest of the south who is getting hit. My blessings go out to all of them. But us, we are still far from recovering. Schools were closed for a whole week, and some people just got back home yesterday from the hotels. We went to the grocery stores just to find out that there was no ice, or batteries. Some people did not have water! Thank god I did, but COLD water. I had to take 4 cold showers.

You see, Frances was Category 3, and Ivan is Category 5, so they are being hit much worse than we were hit. 60+ people died in Jamaica! That is very sad.

Anyway, I just pray to God that all of us who were hit by the fair share of hurricanes are as safe as possible. God is with us.

Cedric Denson

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
Cedric,
Sorry to hear about that. Living in Seattle...I can't begin to imagine what you all are going through down there. I was surprised when they said they pretty much evacuated all of New Orleans...I have a lot of friends down there.

Hurricanes are frightening to me, even if you do get a warning.

Sangofa

Oct 11, 2003
Destee said:
Bless your sweet darling heart Sister Sangofa :love:

Thank you for your love and concern. I am okay. I am currently in Illinois and my son, who was in Mobile, left a couple of days ago with some friends headed for Houston. They decided to make a fun trip out of this circumstance. So me and mine are all doing fine, again thanks so much for your concern.

I do have friends in Mobile and the ones i've talked to are all doing fine. It seems that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. God is Good.

I too pray for those who have lost life and property.

Thanks again for the love and concern Sister.

:heart:

Destee

Destee I am glad to hear that you and your family are alright :sand: . Here's a hug:grouphug: to you and your family. I have been trying to keep up with the hurricane and it's hitting all kind of places throughout the south and the carribean. Then you have all the people that have lost their lives and property. The whole thing saddens me. I'm still worried because I have family and friends in Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. I have no clue as to if they are okay or not. I hope that God protects them from hurt, harm and danger. :( Why does this have to happen?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Trump warns of 'bad people' among Bahamas hurricane survivors Black People Open Forum 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : Hurricane predictions signal good news for your gas tank Black Travel 0
Queenie Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Hurricane Maria forced Puerto Ricans to change their hairstyles Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Queenie Black People : Hurricane Irma Black People Open Forum 0
nilevalley Black People : Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Katrina racial unevenness Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : .....Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76 Black People Open Forum 8
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Blues Festival 2010 - Trombone Shorty - "Hurricane Season" Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Hurricane Sandy on verge of New Jersey landfall Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Hurricane Katrina anniversary Black People Open Forum 14
Ankhur Black People : Hurricane Prep Kit Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Hurricane Irene may trace the path of the Earthquake Black People Open Forum 5
neworleans baby Black People : Still " Hurricane Katrina" AFTERMATH Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Haiti : Hurricane Tomas predicted to Devestate Haiti and Hurt Jamaica Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 7
Ankhur Black People : State Farm to cut 1/8 of a Million Policies just before Hurricane Season Black People Open Forum 1
T African American History Culture : Hurricane Katrina Anniversary African American History Culture 5
L Black People : CDC 2009 Hurricane Links Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Hurricane Gustav Black People Open Forum 41
A Black People : Where is the topic where the white lady said hurricane katrina was due to weather mod Black People Open Forum 2
G Black People : Hurricane Katrina Song-Signs and Wonders Black People Open Forum 0
SpiritualONE Black People : Hurricane Relief Funds Here Black People Open Forum 0
K Black People : Bush Supporters Outrage by Song Lyrics Regarding Hurricane Katrina Wants It Banned Black People Open Forum 6
V Black People : hurricane katrina survivor stories Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : Cuba accepts US hurricane offer Black People Open Forum 1
B Black People : Hurricane Relief Effort? Black People Open Forum 9
L Black People : Have You Heard The Hurricane Song - This DEEP! Black People Open Forum 3
$$RICH$$ Black People : HURRICANE RITA picking up ! Black People Open Forum 0
Akilah Black People : In Hurricane's Aftermath, Winfrey Calls for Apology Black People Open Forum 7
Keita Kenyatta Black People : TO MAKE A HURRICANE Black People Open Forum 36
Destee Black People : No Black Reporters Covering Hurricane Katrina? Black People Open Forum 17
K Black People : Hurricane Charley's Response Vs. Katrina Black People Open Forum 7
K Black People : Tom Joyner Hurricane Katrina Fund Black People Open Forum 2
soulful2006 Quiet Poetry Lounge : To My Family (Hurricane Katrina Survivors) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Destee Black People : Hurricane Dennis - Come'n Your Way? Black People Open Forum 17
P Black Poetry : LIKE A HURRICANE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
1poetsought Black Poetry : Hurricane Dame Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
E Hurricane Isabel Black Children 2
Liberty African American History Culture : Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan on Gil Noble African American History Culture 0
RAPTOR African American History Culture : Dr Ivan Van Sertima - Black Woman In Antiquity African American History Culture 0
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : DR. IVAN VAN SERTIMA: The Ancient High Science - The Golden Age Of The Moor! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
S Black People : Gil Noble interview with Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Ben & Dr. John Henrik Clarke Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Like It Is with Gil Noble (Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Ben & Dr. John Henrik Clarke) Part 1 Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : Ivan Van Sertima: "Reply to My Critics" Black People Open Forum 6
S Pan Africanism : The Black Woman In Antiquity - Dr Ivan Van Sertima African American History Culture 13
S Africa : Masterful Lecture on the importance of African History by Dr. Ivan Van Sertima.. All Things Africa 58
RAPTOR Black People : Ivan Van Sertima Civilizations before Greece and Rome Black People Open Forum 1
S African American History Culture : They Came Before Columbus.. Excellent 47minute lecture by Ivan Van Sertima African American History Culture 14
Ankhur Dr Ivan Van Sertima Black Men 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben, Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Clark-pt.8-13 Black People Open Forum 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben, Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Clark-pt.1 Black People Open Forum 9
SeekingMaat Black Ancestors : Historian Dr Ivan Van Sertima transits Honoring Black Ancestors 5