Haiti : Hugo Chavez and Venezuela aid to Haiti

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
So far Venezuela has sent 616 metric tons of food aid and 116 metric tons of equipment, including water purification systems, electrical generators and heavy equipment for moving rubble.
At the inauguration of a new cable car system in Caracas on Wednesday, President Hugo Chavez announced that five more ships loaded with aid left Sunday for Haiti. He is also supplying free fuel, saying, “The Venezuelan people will donate all the fuel the Haitian people need.” – Photo: Fernando Llano, AP
Venezuela, the largest oil exporter in South America, is also sending free fuel to the devastated country, with Chavez pledging, “The Venezuelan people will donate all the fuel the Haitian people need.”

The fuel will be used to operate power plants and public transportation. “We are coordinating with the president of the Dominican Republic, Leonel Fernández, who put the terminal of the refinery of his country at our service,” the Venezuelan president continued.

A tanker with 225,000 barrels (worth approximately US$18 million) of diesel fuel and gasoline departed from Venezuela on Sunday.

The Venezuela-Cuba initiated Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of our Americas (ALBA) fair trade bloc, which also includes Bolivia, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Dominica, Antigua and Barbados, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, has also sent two ships carrying 4,761 metric tons of food aid.

http://www.sfbayview.com/2010/venez...t-to-haiti-questions-u-s-military-deployment/

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
Venezuelan Aid to Haiti

Haiti has benefited from a solid economic partnership with Venezuela. This recently-forged friendship between Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez and Haitian president Rene Preval has resulted in various economic agreements. After a visit by Chavez in March 2007, Venezuela and Cuba announced a $1 Billion fund to develop energy, health, and infrastructure in Haiti. As part of this deal, 4 power plants will be constructed in Port-au-Prince, Cap-Haitien, and Gonaives, increasing the country's power production by 160 MW by the end of 2007. An oil refinery will also be constructed in Haiti, with a production capacity of 10,000 barrels of oil per day. In the meantime, Venezuela has increased the amount of petroleum it provides Haiti to 14,000 barrels per day, at the same terms afforded to ALBA member countries - these terms are more favorable than the Petrocaribe terms.

Venezuela's assistance to Haiti is founded upon a historic act where the newly-independent Haiti welcomed and tended to first Francisco de Miranda, then to Simón Bolívar and provided both with military assistance in the liberation of much of South America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_aid_to_Haiti#Venezuelan_Aid_to_Haiti

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
verdad Chavez es una Santo.

http://www.transafricaforum.org/files/Venezuela Aid to Haiti.pdf

Projected figures for Venezuelan aid to Haiti after the earth quake, but its not all saintly, forgiving the debt was a nice touch as it was a full third for the Haitian total debt.. However, shipping that much-spoiled food is not a humanitarian touch. Regardless of what else Chavez may have done.

As all of this is shipped through the Dominican Republic, except for the first planes that landed in Port O Prince. There is a pretty good idea what has actually sent through I am still hunting for figures. As far as your link on our refinery being at the disposal of Venezuela that’s not quite correct, and we are still processing our own fuel requirements. Haiti has no refinery capability, so they are receiving no shipments for crude oil from anyone. I have provided a link but the dates are off by about a year, as we just last month signed the deal selling 49 percent of the refinery to Venezuela. Not the 2009 date indicated in the link.
http://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/projects/refidomsa-refinery/

Yes an as a dictator and president for life he is great. Now before you tell me he was elected, tell me who ran against him?

enough cheer leading if you notice your wiki posts are verbatim from the link I posted from the the Venezuelan Embassy . Hum wonder who updated wiki.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
as you said, you are

reaching,

as in

trying to dig for something to defame Chavez, yes 51 tons out of 600, was spolied and all of the english articles on the web had names that this website has rules about egarding foul language, and ironically there was no reliable website to coorbarate this claim, but hey if it makes one feel good then yes 50 spoiled tons out of 600.

but the question remains hat is your point? since the post was prefaced as a challenge, inspite of the reliable sources posted

reall is that reaching or stretching?

and to be honest comeing from someone who has had some heavily negative stuff to say about the Hatian people, all this with all due respect sounds kind of disengenuous.

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
as you said, you are

reaching,

as in

trying to dig for something to defame Chavez, yes 51 tons out of 600, was spolied and all of the english articles on the web had names that this website has rules about egarding foul language, and ironically there was no reliable website to coorbarate this claim, but hey if it makes one feel good then yes 50 spoiled tons out of 600.

but the question remains hat is your point? since the post was prefaced as a challenge, inspite of the reliable sources posted

reall is that reaching or stretching?

and to be honest comeing from someone who has had some heavily negative stuff to say about the Hatian people, all this with all due respect sounds kind of disengenuous.
No point its just you all seem to think he is this great humanitarian(not). Now maybe its just me but I tend to regard the Venezuelan newspapers as reliable sources. Now if you don't thats your prerogative.

And what are those highly negative statements that I have made about Haitians. If wanting them to go back to their own country is Highly negative, then I'm guilty! WE cant support/absorb them. We are not a rich enough country to do so. Now if all other countries want to send land and money to do so, we might consider it. Especially the land. Between the 2 countries there is a population of about 20 million, with a Land Area 29321sq miles. You have 40 states with a larger land area than our entire island. But only 4 states that are larger by population. California, Texas, New York, and Florida, all much bigger in land area.

They are overwhelming us with numbers. 2million+ and counting (equal to a 5th of our population). That would be the equivalent of your having 60,000,000 illegals concentrated in an area of the size of one of your states like Nevada as it has more than 5 times the land area of the Dominican Rebublic. How many Americans would go along with that idea?

Dominican Republic
18,680 sq mi population currently about 9.5million

Nevada pick another state if you want you have 11 of them that are 5 times or more larger than the DR. 41 that are larger.
110,567 sq mi (ranked 7th) population currently about 2.6million. (Nevada)

wonder why we might have a problem with that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jahari Kavi Black People : Rest In Power to Hugo Chavez Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : Was Hugo Chavez Poisoned by some global corporate Intel???? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Is Hugo Chavez a Conspiracy Nut? or Not! Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Hugo Chavez offers limitless free fuel to Haiti during crisis Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 9
T Pan Africanism : Hugo Chavez at UN African American History Culture 0
Isaiah Black People : HUGO CHAVEZ ON THE TERRORIST ADMINISTRATION OF GEORGE BUSH Black People Open Forum 1
umbrarchist Black Entertainment : Triple Hugo Award Black Entertainment 3
Amnat77 Black People : Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars Black People Open Forum 1
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Mike Tyson /Sylvester Stallone/Julio Cesar Chavez Black Sports 2
Ankhur Black People : Chavez rejects any US ambassador that shirks the spirit of Diplomacy Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Chavez gives US a choice, Venezuelan oil, or Colombian drugs Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Hopefully Africa will take a cue from Chavez and Morales Black People Open Forum 4
G Black People : Fidel Castro calls into live Chavez TV show Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Chavez warns of resistance war with U.S. Black People Open Forum 2
P Africa : Chavez seeks ties in west Africa All Things Africa 0
A Pan Africanism : Mugabe, Chavez Slam U.S. at U.N. Event... African American History Culture 1
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Libya : After Libya is Venezuela next? Libya 51
Amnat77 Black People : Venezuela will continue donating free fuel to poor families in US Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Wikileak; US planned to Wreak havoc in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : Some progress in Colombia Venezuela relations Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Colombia refuses to "drink the Kool aid", seeks unity with Venezuela Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Haiti : Cuba - Venezuela planned to build airport in Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 11
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Venezuela; graves robbed for bones for "Palo"?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
P Africa : Venezuela pushes ties with Africa All Things Africa 7
P Pan Africanism : Venezuela gives Exxon ultimatum African American History Culture 6
A Africa : Venezuela Strengthening Ties With Africa... All Things Africa 0
K Haiti : No Oil For USA - Venezuela ANOTHER HAITI Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0