Haiti : Hugo Chavez and Venezuela aid to Haiti

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
For all of those who a few months ago were talking about how much Hugo Chavez and Venezuela were doing for Haiti.

Boatload of spoiled food returned Notice that these are also venezuelan newspapers that are describing the food as spoiled

Health authorities in the Dominican Republic are refusing to accept a boatload of what is described as "spoiled food" bound for relief efforts in Haiti. The shipment from Venezuela, now in the port of Puerto Cabello in the state of Carabobo, is described by Venezuelan newspapers as "51 containers with 30 tons of spoiled food in each one".
The newspaper Tal Cual said sarcastically that the shipment in the Santa Paula formed part of "the altruistic manner that the Venezuelan government found to 'reprocess' part of the more than 80,000 tons of out-of-date foodstuffs that it purchased and forgot about, in some cases for more than a year, in Puerto Cabello and in warehouses of the PDVAL", a branch of the state-owned oil company PDVSA.
The newspaper Ultimas Noticias says that the entire shipment was rejected by the Dominican health and port authorities.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Good evening, poster...

But, while I don't deny the disturbing nature of the allegations, also we in the states do operate on the basis that anybody and everybody is considered innocent until proven guilty...

And, given the nature of Senor Chavez stand against the Yankee downtrodders, i. e., which-- unlike Senor Castro--there's no rival world power--such as the Soviet Union--to watch his back--no telling who might've screwed up those food shipments--before they reached the Haitians--in the first place!

Also, keep in mind, in spite of sentiments supporting the ending of decades spanning embargoes against that other island nation, here in the states as well as around the globe, it is the Afrocubans who continue to suffer the most...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

I have my criticisms of the aformentioned fella too...

But...

Before we unintentionally give aid and confort to shared enemies of our people elsewhere, let's do our homework and get our facts straight here, so we put forth truly informed opinions etc!

Another one from an ally--not a 'critic'...

:em0200:

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
You are right

Good evening, poster...

But, while I don't deny the disturbing nature of the allegations, also we in the states do operate on the basis that anybody and everybody is considered innocent until proven guilty...

And, given the nature of Senor Chavez stand against the Yankee downtrodders, i. e., which-- unlike Senor Castro--there's no rival world power--such as the Soviet Union--to watch his back--no telling who might've screwed up those food shipments--before they reached the Haitians--in the first place!

Also, keep in mind, in spite of sentiments supporting the ending of decades spanning embargoes against that other island nation, here in the states as well as around the globe, it is the Afrocubans who continue to suffer the most...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

But...

Before we unintentionally give aid and confort to shared enemies of our people elsewhere, let's do our homework and get our facts straight here, so we put forth truly informed opinions etc!

even if th article is in Spnish it seems ironic that no english article has been cut and paste as proof, considering the amount of hate that comes from here towards that nation

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3739500579629840148

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Good evening, poster...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

But...

Not sure that I understand when you are saying allegations? The shipment has already been rejected by the Dominican health Authorities and the Port Authorities when it was inspected. Therefore these are not allegations. If anyone screwed with the shipment it was Venezuelans, as some of this stuff is coming straight from the state-owned oil company PDVSA

And described by Venezuelan newspapers as "51 containers with 30 tons of spoiled food in each one".

Tal Cual, and Ultimas Noticias are both Venezuelan newspapers. And this has nothing to do with the USA or Cuba. As this stuff trans ships through the
Dominican Republic, WE have the last word on if its acceptablel or not.

As far as links do a google search with haitian aid and spoiled food. you will get your links I would but my internetconnection is very slow tonight. opps spoke tooo soon speeded up a little. posted the one there are others, do what spanish links?? for that just go to the web sites for tal cual, and ultimas noticias.

http://english.eluniversal.com/2010/06/16/en_eco_art_venezuelan-ship-with_16A4034731.shtml

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
So basically what is your point?

you want Black folks in the Us to hate Chavez over what?
how many tons has he shipped since the disaster?

how much machineryfor infrastructure?

how many barrels of oil?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jahari Kavi Black People : Rest In Power to Hugo Chavez Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : Was Hugo Chavez Poisoned by some global corporate Intel???? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Is Hugo Chavez a Conspiracy Nut? or Not! Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Hugo Chavez offers limitless free fuel to Haiti during crisis Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 9
T Pan Africanism : Hugo Chavez at UN African American History Culture 0
Isaiah Black People : HUGO CHAVEZ ON THE TERRORIST ADMINISTRATION OF GEORGE BUSH Black People Open Forum 1
umbrarchist Black Entertainment : Triple Hugo Award Black Entertainment 3
Amnat77 Black People : Chavez says capitalism may have ended life on Mars Black People Open Forum 1
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Mike Tyson /Sylvester Stallone/Julio Cesar Chavez Black Sports 2
Ankhur Black People : Chavez rejects any US ambassador that shirks the spirit of Diplomacy Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Chavez gives US a choice, Venezuelan oil, or Colombian drugs Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Hopefully Africa will take a cue from Chavez and Morales Black People Open Forum 4
G Black People : Fidel Castro calls into live Chavez TV show Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Chavez warns of resistance war with U.S. Black People Open Forum 2
P Africa : Chavez seeks ties in west Africa All Things Africa 0
A Pan Africanism : Mugabe, Chavez Slam U.S. at U.N. Event... African American History Culture 1
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Libya : After Libya is Venezuela next? Libya 51
Amnat77 Black People : Venezuela will continue donating free fuel to poor families in US Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Wikileak; US planned to Wreak havoc in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : Some progress in Colombia Venezuela relations Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Colombia refuses to "drink the Kool aid", seeks unity with Venezuela Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Haiti : Cuba - Venezuela planned to build airport in Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 11
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Venezuela; graves robbed for bones for "Palo"?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
P Africa : Venezuela pushes ties with Africa All Things Africa 7
P Pan Africanism : Venezuela gives Exxon ultimatum African American History Culture 6
A Africa : Venezuela Strengthening Ties With Africa... All Things Africa 0
K Haiti : No Oil For USA - Venezuela ANOTHER HAITI Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0