Black People : How the Native Americans got Their Reparations

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
They are divided up into dozens of tribes each one with it's own culture and language so it wasn't their monolithic unity. To my knowledge they don't have a lot of money so it wasn't that they pulled strings. There aren't even a whole lot of them compared to the number of African Americans so it wasn't strength in numbers.

What then was it?

Why do we feel we need stuff they didn't have before we can get reparations?

SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Mar 20, 2008
some answers to part of your questions

"Native Americans have leveled the odds in learning to behave like any other special interest group through putting themselves first and not depending on the federal government to always act in their best interest. The same federal government that would promote and protect them, also took their land, generously gave them reservations, and would also intervene as soon as they demonstrated intelligence of self-sufficiency that surpassed control of their regulations." full article
How the Native Americans got Their Reparations
Exactly what reparations are you referring to Sistah River?

Uhuru!(freedom)

Jahari Kavi

Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
i hear of "certain" reparations they get (certain scholarships exist), but whatever they are they will never amount to the cost of europeans destroying their civilization....

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I raise this question because the sentiment seems to be like hey since they got theirs so we ought to get ours. Of course what the arrangement generally referred to as reparations for the Native Americans amounts to is someone invading your home, killing most of the folks in your house then to kill you with what they call kindness they partition off a corner in one bedroom and tell you this is yours. So now you are to be satisfied that they "respect" a corner of what used to be your house. As brotha oldsoul has pointed out the root of the word reparations is repair. The u.s. has not begun to repair the damage they have done to the Native Americans, yet it is assumed that what they got constitutes reparations. It's certainly more than what we got.

So maybe the answer is that they got what they got because they accepted this convenient way for the government to assuage its guilt without really doing anything as opposed to holding out for something substantial and winding up with nothing.

I saw MadSkills thread after I posted this one. I can't call Obama a sell out for opposing reparations when we still don't have a clear understanding of what reparations actually refers to. It's got to refer to more than what the Native Americans got and it's got to refer to more than a check in every African-American mailbox. In fact, I see that as a trick. Offering to pay reparations in cash dollars at this time would be a convenient way for the government to dispose of the dollar as the country makes the transition to the Amero They "pay"us a trillion worthless dollars. Then we will no longer be able to demand reparations because in the government's eyes we have been paid. Not the government's fault that no one deals in dollars anymore.

truetothecause

Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
I raise this question because the sentiment seems to be like hey since they got theirs so we ought to get ours. Of course what the arrangement generally referred to as reparations for the Native Americans amounts to is someone invading your home, killing most of the folks in your house then to kill you with what they call kindness they partition off a corner in one bedroom and tell you this is yours. So now you are to be satisfied that they "respect" a corner of what used to be your house. As brotha oldsoul has pointed out the root of the word reparations is repair. The u.s. has not begun to repair the damage they have done to the Native Americans, yet it is assumed that what they got constitutes reparations. It's certainly more than what we got.

So maybe the answer is that they got what they got because they accepted this convenient way for the government to assuage its guilt without really doing anything as opposed to holding out for something substantial and winding up with nothing.

I saw MadSkills thread after I posted this one. I can't call Obama a sell out for opposing reparations when we still don't have a clear understanding of what reparations actually refers to. It's got to refer to more than what the Native Americans got and it's got to refer to more than a check in every African-American mailbox. In fact, I see that as a trick. Offering to pay reparations in cash dollars at this time would be a convenient way for the government to dispose of the dollar as the country makes the transition to the Amero They "pay"us a trillion worthless dollars. Then we will no longer be able to demand reparations because in the government's eyes we have been paid. Not the government's fault that no one deals in dollars anymore.

Greetings SiS River...

I find these comments quite interesting as I certainly recall this conversation and that you were part of it.

During that discussion, I KNOW that I, Brother's Omo and Mazimtaim, spoke of Reparations being much more that a "check in every African American mailbox".
I am also CERTAIN that I have mentioned time and again that "Reparations" at the core, means "to repair".

M.E.
:hearts2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nilevalley Black People Politics : I often wonder how Native Americans feel when they hear Donald Trump call for constructing a wall. Black People Politics 17
gogounited Black People : Native Americans and Black People. Black People Open Forum 32
Destee Black People : Do Native Americans / Indians celebrate Thanksgiving ? ... How do they observe this day? Black People Open Forum 36
B Black People : DARK-SKINNED Washutaw Muurs: Real Native Americans Black People Open Forum 67
Ankhur Black People : The untold story of Native Americans catching hell from the oil spill Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Message from Native Americans to Chevron destroying the Amazon Black People Open Forum 0
kemetkind Black People : If euros Owe Us Reparations, do we owe native americans? Black People Open Forum 49
Destee Black People : THANKSGIVING - How Would You Feel If Native Americans Celebrated Slavery? Black People Open Forum 43
P Black People : Honoring Native Americans with Disrespect Black People Open Forum 3
J Black Authors : book on links between black and native americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Hamma Egypt : Native/indigenous New Zealanders or Maori may have come from Ancient Egypt according to Gerald Massey book! Egypt 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The Day a Native American Tribe Drove the KKK Out of Town The North Carolina Klan thought burning crosses would scare the Lumbee tribe out of Robeson Black People Open Forum 1
nilevalley Black People : November 28th America calls it Thanksgiving Native America renamed it"The National Day Of Mourning" Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 'Black Muslims' to blame for high school students' confrontation with Native American, mother claims Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Suspected MAGA bomber identified as ‘Native American Trump supporter’ Cesar Sayoc Black People Politics 7
chuck Black People Politics : Let's Do Share Our Thoughts About Those Native Resistors In North Dakota Too! Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black People : The Canary Effect:"The grim legacy of America's treatment of its native peoples" Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 African American History Culture : South Carolina Native's DNA Spans back 338K Years African American History Culture 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : American Holocaust of Native American Indians (FULL Documentary) Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Black Muslims : Native American Muslim Stories Islam Study Group 7
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Eurocentricity and the Rape of Black Native Cultures Omowale Jabali 136
H Black People : Afrocentricity and the Robbing of Native American Cultures Black People Open Forum 66
noor100 Black People : Native activist Means has inoperable cancer Black People Open Forum 3
HODEE Black People : $50,000 or More...African American-Native American farmers and ranchers Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Native Canadians protest the G20 Black People Open Forum 1
I R.I.P. to native american freedom fighter Honoring Black Ancestors 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : Native american prophecies. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Metaverse Black People : NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVE MASTERS? Black People Open Forum 50
Knowledge Seed Black People : Black Native American Nations Black People Open Forum 7
naija-man Black People Politics : Native American President. Black People Politics 3
OmowaleX The Louisiana Native Guard Honoring Black Ancestors 0
T Black People : Native American Sister tells the white people to there face how savage they are!! Black People Open Forum 15
D Ghana : Ghana native adopts African American children Ghana 14
anAfrican Black People : Purentee PNW Native! Black People Open Forum 0
SAMURAI36 Black Spirituality Religion : Native American Spiritual Devices Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
P Black People : Native Groups Mourn on Thanksgiving Day Black People Open Forum 6
caramelpython Black Poetry : Native Desire Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
J Pan Africanism : black and native american links black indians African American History Culture 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
imhotep06 African American History Culture : Renaming African-Americans: The Ba.Nkole and our new totem. African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : SIGN THE PETITION: Demand Congress implement vote-by-mail for all Americans! Black People Politics 2
HODEE Law Forum : Chances of African Americans ( LIFE ) Historically have been Shaped by Race. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
S Health and Wellness : Corona Virus more prevalent among African Americans? Really? Black Health and Wellness 7
HODEE Black People Politics : Americans should prepare for coronavirus crisis in U.S., CDC says Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : First 24-hour news channel "by and for" African Americans set to launch during Black History Month Black People Doing Positive Things 8
Vhedza1 African American History Culture : American Aborigines: First Americans African American History Culture 1
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Americans Want Congress Members To Pee In Cups To Prove They’re Not On Drugs Black People Politics 2