Black Relationships : How much security do you have in your relationship?

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
So I was out the other night and ran into my guy friend. He was playing a pool game and when he saw me, he turned around to give me a hug and then a kiss on the cheek.
At that time I didn't even see his girlfriend there. But she got upset. You could tell that she was not happy that him and I were talking to each other, but our conversation was about my car accident and about fixing the a/c belt on my car. Anyways, she sat in between where he was sitting and where I was standing, and was like "Excuuuse me."

As I've noticed a lot of women do not like when I talk to their man...I've never once tried to get in between a man and his relationship, and for the most part I try to be cool with his gf. I definitely do not flirt with a man who I know is taken.

So here is my question:

If your man/woman is approached by a person of the opposite sex and your significant other kisses them on the cheek are you okay with it? Or does it get you bothered and upset?

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I have never been the jealous type. I know the difference in someone giving a friendly hug and peck and someone making a move. Moreover, it's on her to correct any doubts and make introductions. I view insecurity as weakness. I have some very good and quite stunning females friends. I'm talking elementary school, tag, hopscotch, jump rope days. I'm not giving them up

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
So I was out the other night and ran into my guy friend. He was playing a pool game and when he saw me, he turned around to give me a hug and then a kiss on the cheek.
At that time I didn't even see his girlfriend there. But she got upset. You could tell that she was not happy that him and I were talking to each other, but our conversation was about my car accident and about fixing the a/c belt on my car. Anyways, she sat in between where he was sitting and where I was standing, and was like "Excuuuse me."

As I've noticed a lot of women do not like when I talk to their man...I've never once tried to get in between a man and his relationship, and for the most part I try to be cool with his gf. I definitely do not flirt with a man who I know is taken.

So here is my question:

If your man/woman is approached by a person of the opposite sex and your significant other kisses them on the cheek are you okay with it? Or does it get you bothered and upset?

I am not the jealous type, if this should happen it would not bother me. But for some insecure women/men this is something that could cause problems. Several years ago I worked with a friend of mine, he passed me by the busstop and gave me a ride. His wife was so upset...she kept grumbling all the time, after she left the car to do her shopping her husband and I came to our workplace. I told him frankly your wife is very silly, we are work colleagues and if she is secure why would your giving me a ride bother her...he then said you know alll women....I said nope...not all women...ONLY INSECURE WOMEN BEHAVE THIS WAY. If a man or woman have friends from childhood, should they just dismiss them JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE..It is total madness.

Josef

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
Depends on how they know each other, like have they known each other for a while, or KNOWN EACH OTHER for a while? Lol. But for me i'd be suspect at first until i start to see how they regularly interact with one another. I'd try to be careful not to show that i'd trip, cause some smell weakness and pounce going outta their way to make you feel even more uncomfortable. My track record with females has lead me to be suspicious.

Me jealous or at times insecure?, yeah pretty much...
Not really into women nowadays as far as dating goes i mean we can kick it ...be best buds and i'd be cool with just that, no added benefits needed nor wanted.
So if i ran across my friend and she ran up kissing me on the cheek while she was with her man, i can say he'd have absolutely nothing to worry about, i dont get down like that.

Mikha'el

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 18, 2009
Somewhere
Occupation
Student
i would definetely ask about her relationship to this person. Idk if i'd be okay with such a gesture. I don't mind if my lady has male friends. Actions like that don't think i'd be tolerating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : The search for treasure is too much pressure come to prevail with some details and kisses from females got social knowledge at a local college this g Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : MUCH RESPECT Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Sex is not a profession could raise complex questions when trouble need advice could end up having a double life now too much rubble wrong price see a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The true story behind the name 'Black Friday' is much darker than you may have thought Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Why Black Afrikans In America All Of A Sudden Dislike Trump Very Much??? Black People Open Forum 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : You Think Too Much Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black Poetry : So Much To Give!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black People : So Much Confusion In The Black World!!! Black People Open Forum 5
R Black Poetry : 8/9/2019 got terrific fame no specific name perfume sniff it on a dame my thing cream too much boys seen and touched extreme like STARKY AND HUTCH tri Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Black Poetry : Too much hot girl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : We picked much more than cotton: How Black People made the world filthy rich Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Search for whiskey is much too risky so he drink wine and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : It all starts at Walmart search for goods too much hood Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Never Too Much (Vandross Tribute) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
IFE Black People : Asian couple buys exclusive San Francisco street for just $90,000, much to residents' surprise Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : High Blood Pressure? 22 Foods You Should Avoid as Much as Possible Black Health and Wellness 0
C Black Ancestors : Why is Dr. Sebi under attack so much recently? Honoring Black Ancestors 1
IFE Black Entertainment : Academy Awards: How much does it cost to win an Oscar? A whole lotta dough Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Short Stories : Here’s What Happened When Yahoo! Finance Tweeted, ‘Trump Wants a Much N–ger Navy’ Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
ElenaG The Front Porch : Thank you very much The Front Porch 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Life got better for pretty much everyone under Obama, Gallup poll finds Black People Politics 1
chuck Black People Politics : Fear Of New Urban Rebellions Reveal Much About Mainstream White Leadership In 2016! Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Takes In THREE TIMES As Much Hedge Fund Money As '08 Obama Black People Politics 0
Al D Black People : How Much Do Black Lives Matter To Us? Black People Open Forum 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Black America doing much better than 40 years ago, Urban League says Black People Open Forum 1
baller Black Poetry : Does Black History Month Mean as much as it Once Did? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A Malcom X Speech That Predicted So Much Of What's Going On Today African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Slavery in America was much worse than you probably imagined African American History Culture 10
T Black People : Am I being racist against ww or just loving us too much? Black People Open Forum 52
HODEE Black Poetry : So Much.. So Many Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
KPITRL The Police : Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic Abuse Problem Than the NFL Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 7 Healthy Foods That Are Dangerous If You Eat Too Much of Them Black Health and Wellness 0
crwn Science and Technology : Just how much of our science and technology is faked Science and Technology 9
Destee Black People : How Much of Your Survival is Dependent on Someone Else? Black People Open Forum 6
KingSango Black People : Too much envy. Black People Open Forum 0
KingSango Black People : Too much envy. Black People Open Forum 2
T Black People : How much do you know about your family's ancestors? Black People Open Forum 98
legit-writer Black People : Father Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail for Paying Too much Child Support Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : MAN FACES JAIL TIME FOR PAYING TOO MUCH CHILD SUPPORT Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 23
ru2religious Black People : Black over pays child support and visit son to much going to jail!!! Black People Open Forum 23
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black People : Too Much Hatred In The World Black People Open Forum 0
CosmicMessenger Black People : Too Much Hatred In The Black Community Black People Open Forum 67
S The Front Porch : Much Love! The Front Porch 9
CosmicMessenger Black People : If I'm Posting Too Much Music, Let Me Know Black People Open Forum 105
SouthsideIrish Black People : Internet Addiction - How Much Is Too Much? Black People Open Forum 32
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Monica - Why I Love You So Much Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Ghana : How Much Would it Cost to Visit Ghana? Ghana 33
noor100 Black Muslims : A Woman Would Be Much Better Off If ... Islam Study Group 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : White men have much to discuss about mass shootings Black People Politics 15
dunwiddat Pets / Animals : I don't care much for Dogs Pets / Animals 16