Black People : How Latinos REALLY Feel About Blacks ?

Prizmm

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2007
eastside
Occupation
Becoming Universal
Destee said:
Brother Natinr ... did you see this thread ... Not Hispanic, Not Latino ... ?

This Member joined us, and shared that these are white created labels that they (he) rejects, and perhaps even finds offensive.

I don't know ... *sigh* ... i'm having a hard enough time learning us ... though i don't want to offend anyone in my ignorance.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

One Love and Respect Sister Destee!

I, like some others here have lived and been friends with Dominican and Puerto Rican brothers and sisters(northeast). I recognize that their confusion is no different than the confusion that impacts the non-immigrant black so-called community. I was once affiliated with an organization that focused on uniting what we called "the third world community" in amerikka. It was at this time that I was made aware that some hispanics were not intersted in such an affiliation. One particular PR brother thought that coalescing around issues important to the non-white oppressed in amerikka might cause the oppressors to view him/them like they veiwed the non-immigrant black man and woman, he was not comfortable with that.

The coalition ended and I was taught a lesson.

During this time my Dominican sisters from NYC stood tall and strong and I have to this day undying respect for their willingess to forge steel and to fight together against injustice and racism. They understood that racism by its nature creates victims of those who are in an unprivileged position. I embraced that sense of camaraderie. I look for it today. I feel quite strongly that the media will do nothing to illustrate that there exists a sense of coalition or commonality between our neighborhoods. It is not in the interest of racist to do such a thing, but it is in our interest to affect a positive change.

Does it matter if this coalition is created with starts and stops? Not at all I call that 'growing pains'. My offspring (my joy) is married to a young Puerto Rican and I have been blessed with some wonderful grandchildren who will have to be on point in this struggle, if it is up to me they will become counter racist warriors, fighting for the greater good. My reference to confusion where my hispanic family is concerned is empirical...I was once told in highly unflattering words that Puerto Ricans do not like to be confused with Dominicans. (smile) I have also had my Ghanian family correct my reference to them as African. You've heard it before and, I will repeat, Our Struggle Continues, as long as these questions abound, there will be no rest for the weary. Peace!

JohnHorse

BANNED
Oct 31, 2007
Miss Lady said:
they come here to look for the "American Dream"....

we were brought here and got it shoved down our throats....

we are different........ and it is what it is...

they hate us... not all of em... but the majority....

they take the lil piece of the pie ......

man i want the whole pie..... cause it's mine and urs....

i get into it with the chicks..... all the time..... don't talk about me in another language.... I know what "Negro Americano" mean.........

I respect the fact that they stick together.....

and I really don't care if they hate us..... I just want us to love us... and do us...... cause they **** sure gon do them.....

they pumpin smack in my hood... heroin.... not feelin that... and they own all the liquor stores........

you need to get over that "hood this hood that" mentality

Prizmm

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2007
eastside
Occupation
Becoming Universal
:wave:
JohnHorse said:
you need to get over that "hood this hood that" mentality

Interesting retort, yet you may be onto something. So how exactly do you reference neighborhood?
'Hood' is passive lingo, and I grasp what the inference is.
So JH school me, what is the mentality of which you speak?

JohnHorse

BANNED
Oct 31, 2007
Prizmm said:
:wave:

Interesting retort, yet you may be onto something. So how exactly do you reference neighborhood?
'Hood' is passive lingo, and I grasp what the inference is.
So JH school me, what is the mentality of which you speak?

When "LIL TEE" said hood, she just don't mean neighborhood, what she means is an area where people hang out on the corners and sell crack and weed. Black people are so crazy especially the under 34 crowd and it's even worse in the under 25 crowd, black people think living in a city with high crime is a good thing. So when she says HOOD she has something in mind that maybe you don't have.

I was watching a video 1 day, this whitey was interviewed 2 young black guys from Camden NJ, I can't remember extacly what he asked them, but the conversation was about the high crime in Camden, 1 of the dudes said with PRIDE "CAMDEN HAD THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN 2006" you should have seen the ways his eyes lite up and how proud he was. The white man was being sarcastic and asked him "O REALLY" you could hear the white man slightly giggling when he said that, and the black guy responded "YEA 2006 AND 2005, this city got the highest crime rate in the USA!" and he was so dam proud.

My point is black people need to get over this (young folks) walking around with an attitude around other black people and all this ego, have a ego and attitude which some of these OTHER NATIONS OF PEOPLE WHO HATE THEM. The first step in doing that (I KNOW IT WON'T HAPPEN) is to eliminate this rap crap.

Prizmm

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2007
eastside
Occupation
Becoming Universal
JohnHorse
I was watching a video 1 day, this whitey was interviewed 2 young black guys from Camden NJ, I can't remember extacly what he asked them, but the conversation was about the high crime in Camden, 1 of the dudes said with PRIDE "CAMDEN HAD THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN 2006" you should have seen the ways his eyes lite up and how proud he was. The white man was being sarcastic and asked him "O REALLY" you could hear the white man slightly giggling when he said that, and the black guy responded "YEA 2006 AND 2005, this city got the highest crime rate in the USA!" and he was so dam proud.

The age group that you reference has a mighty hill too climb, they are the children of the civil rights wave. Those of us who were the beneficiaries of the so-called (malcolm X) civil rights movement confused them. We foolishly wanted integration, proximity to white supremacist. Of course operating under the false notion that if integration occurred things automatically would get better, we led our children into a fools paradise.

We ignored the lesson Malcolm and Marcus provided, they knew it was never about sitting in the same classroom, it was always about true education. the young man in the video is young enough to have been protected and educated but we fell down on the job, and trusted this training to the racist that resisted and hated the movement of Medgar, Martin. Wyatt, and Farmer. They realize now that Malcolm was correct and they were wrong...too late. Today our offspring are standing on corners trying to find respectablilty in all the wrong ways, and we shouldn't let them down again. I never look at them and hold them entirely responsible, ours was a work in progress, we have seen the mistakes now we should seek in a logical and methodical way to lift them up and not abandon them.

I love those 'thugs' I hate what they do to themselves and to their non-immigrant African families, but I cannot blame them for all of it. In the last forty years blacks and browns have replaced whites as the largest number of people incarcerated. This has been a decades long effort on the part of the courts and law enforcement to criminalize rather than truly educate. That result you speak about is 'ignorance' and 'self-loathing' is simply the hallmark of the civil right drive. It got us greater incarceration and greater unemployment, underemployment, and poor health.

When so-called civil rights were realized, it was too late to see that we expected civility from a people who only practice deceit and violence, and we led our children to the slaughter. We realized (too late) we could not protect them in schools where white teachers daily made them feel like fools. Integration meant the death of black busines and black educators, you see the results but this time lets not blame our children, they can do better and should but we should raise them up, hold their heads above the morass and give them a chance to breath, to grow and to restore us. Peace!

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.