Ethiopia : How Ethiopian Scientist Unearth 3.3-Million-Year-Old Child

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for sharing the link but it seems as if the article you posted challenges the validity of using AMS as a scientific method.

I also did not see a link to the article, or is this your writing?

Read it again, it actually criticizes the carbon 14 dating process in favor of AMS. I only offered you the link to show and prove my knowledge of AMS; not to get into the contents of that old post. The article has source references at the bottom of the post. At this point, we are on the same page in terms of it being a possibility that AMS was used by the Ethiopian. As promised, I'll post what I find today for jamesfrmphilly.

Right, Right ... there was mention of scanning. It could be AMS. I'm familiar with AMS, here's some research I found awhile back:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-75#post-448012
Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
To make sure: jamesfrmphilly

you show me how he dates bones with a microscope and i will shut up….
Okay james, give me some time to dig into this and come up with the information you requested, thanks.

Peace In,

This is not an attempt to shut you up, but to clarify for myself and others the new dating techniques, super microscopes and CT scanning, used in the field of paleontology. Both were used in the case of Selam.

Seeing The Unseen With 'Super-Resolution' Fluorescence Microscopy

Dec. 24, 2008 — Thanks to a new "super-resolution" fluorescence microscopy technique, Harvard University researchers have succeeded in resolving the features of cells as miniscule as 20-30 nanometers (nm), an order of magnitude smaller than conventional fluorescence light microscopy images, according to a presentation at the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) 48th Annual Meeting, Dec. 13-17, 2008, in San Francisco.
Prior to Selam’s discovery, researchers knew very little about early human growth patterns as the early human fossil record consists of few children. Because Selam’s baby teeth erupted in a pattern similar to a three-year-old chimpanzee’s, researchers now know A. afarensischildren shared a chimpanzee’s fast growth rate. But her brain size indicates that a human growth rate was evolving. CT-scans of her skull show small canine teeth forming in the skull, telling us she was female.

Paleontologists used radiometric dating to study the fossilized eggshells of Genyornis, an extinct bird from Australia. They discovered that Genyornis became extinct between 40,000 and 50,000 years ago. Fossil evidence from plants and other organisms in the region shows that there was abundant food for the large, flightless bird at the time of its extinction. Climate changes were too slow to explain the relatively quick extinction.

Paleontology Today

Modern paleontologists have a variety of tools that help them discover, examine, and describe fossils. Electron microscopes allow paleontologists to study the tiniest details of the smallest fossils. X-ray machines and CT scanners reveal fossils' internal structures. Advanced computer programs can analyze fossil data, reconstruct skeletons, and visualize the bodies and movements of extinct organisms.
http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/paleontology/?ar_a=1

Peace In,

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
all i said was 'i don't know', 'i have my doubts'.
for having doubts i was attacked viscously.

turns out, i was correct. my doubts were justified.

nobody has apologized.

this is why black people will not make it.

Australopithecus afarensis

Nickname:
Lucy's species
Where Lived:
Eastern Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania)
When Lived:
Between about 3.85 and 2.95 million years ago

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER

nobody has apologized.:huh2: = Clyde

this is why black people will not make it. WoW! = Clyde

:rofl:

ok, you believe that one can date bones with a microscope. i don't.

we will just agree to dis agree.

Kadijah

Banned
From the same link as everybody else it seems (lol):

Australopithecus afarensis is one of the longest-lived and best-known early human species—paleoanthropologists have uncovered remains from more than 300 individuals! Found between 3.85 and 2.95 million years ago in Eastern Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania), this species survived for more than 900,000 years, which is over four times as long as our own species has been around. It is best known from the sites of Hadar, Ethiopia (‘Lucy’, AL 288-1 and the 'First Family', AL 333); Dikika, Ethiopia (Dikika ‘child’ skeleton); and Laetoli (fossils of this species plus the oldest documented bipedal footprint trails).
Similar to chimpanzees, Au. afarensis children grew rapidly after birth and reached adulthood earlier than modern humans. This meant A. afarensis had a shorter period of growing up than modern humans have today, leaving them less time for parental guidance and socialization during childhood.
Au. afarensis had both ape and human characteristics: members of this species had apelike face proportions (a flat nose, a strongly projecting lower jaw) and braincase (with a small brain, usually less than 500 cubic centimeters -- about 1/3 the size of a modern human brain), and long, strong arms with curved fingers adapted for climbing trees. They also had small canine teeth like all other early humans, and a body that stood on two legs and regularly walked upright. Their adaptations for living both in the trees and on the ground helped them survive for almost a million years as climate and environments changed.
The child found is (evidently) an evolutionary link from chimp (?) to human. She would not look like a human child today.... nor, for that matter, would the more famous "Lucy." :10500:

Honey1201

nobody has apologized.

this is why black people will not make it.

Australopithecus afarensis

Nickname:
Lucy's species
Where Lived:
Eastern Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania)
When Lived:
Between about 3.85 and 2.95 million years ago
I'm not understanding what other proof that is needed. Perhaps you should provide proof on the reason why you feel the way you do and then all would be crystal clear. I'm sure your intentions arn't to keep all knowledge to yourself. That would be selfish...now some are selfish although that's not our true nature..so please brother jamesfrmphilly show and prove the information that you have to prove contradictory to this artical and what brother Clyde Coger has shared for all.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
To make sure: Honey1201 jamesfrmphilly

I'm not understanding what other proof that is needed. Perhaps you should provide proof on the reason why you feel the way you do and then all would be crystal clear. I'm sure your intentions aren't to keep all knowledge to yourself. That would be selfish...now some are selfish although that's not our true nature..so please brother jamesfrmphilly show and prove the information that you have to prove contradictory to this article and what brother Clyde Coger has shared for all.

This is solely my opinion Honey1201, but james is caught in a web, as it relates to owning a worldview. By worldview, I'm talking about whether one believes in macro evolution or creation to explain how this world got started. If I'm not mistaken, james accepts macro evolution. And if that is the case, then it makes no sense to reject the findings, at topic - Selam - by our Ethiopian brother. All of this means you are correct to ask of james what his position is, or alternative to the topic we've been discussing. Whereupon, if answered, we would learn what his worldview consists of.

Peace In the Spirit of Sankofa Queen Sister,