Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
To make sure: jamesfrmphilly
Honey1201

ok, you believe that one can date bones with a microscope. i don't.
we will just agree to dis agree.

The link and information from National Geographic should convince you our guy is legitimate, hopefully; unless its self-hate you are grappling with, bro. jamesfrmphilly:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/bios/zeresenay-alemseged/

Zeresenay Alemseged

Paleontologist
  • Photograph by Kenneth Garrett
  • For several months each year, paleontologist Zeresenay "Zeray" Alemseged patiently and methodically sifts through soils—and time—under the relentless sun in the remote reaches of Ethiopia's Afar region. There he leads exploration of the Busidima-Dikika paleoanthropological site, which is yielding important clues about the four-million-year history of human evolution.
  • Native to Ethiopia, Alemseged was born in 1969. Eager to understand why his country yields so many pieces to the puzzle of human evolution, he earned an undergraduate degree in geology from Addis Ababa University in 1990 and went to work for the National Museum of Ethiopia.
  • After two years, Alemseged left for France. There he received a master's in paleontology at the University of Montpellier and University of Paris in 1994 and a doctorate from the University of Paris and the French National Museum of Natural History in 1998.
  • Alemseged is currently a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. As leader of the Busidima-Dikika paleoanthropological project, he returns to his native Ethiopia each year, helping to build a bridge between the international scientific community that has dominated the human-origins scene and a new generation of African scientists who may represent the future of African paleoanthropology.
  • The Busidima-Dikika project began in 1999 with support from the Institute of Human Origins, the Leakey Foundation, and the National Geographic Society.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
To make sure: jamesfrmphilly
Honey1201

The link and information from National Geographic should convince you our guy is legitimate, hopefully; unless its self-hate you are grappling with, bro. jamesfrmphilly:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/bios/zeresenay-alemseged/

Zeresenay Alemseged

Paleontologist
  • Photograph by Kenneth Garrett
  • For several months each year, paleontologist Zeresenay "Zeray" Alemseged patiently and methodically sifts through soils—and time—under the relentless sun in the remote reaches of Ethiopia's Afar region. There he leads exploration of the Busidima-Dikika paleoanthropological site, which is yielding important clues about the four-million-year history of human evolution.
  • Native to Ethiopia, Alemseged was born in 1969. Eager to understand why his country yields so many pieces to the puzzle of human evolution, he earned an undergraduate degree in geology from Addis Ababa University in 1990 and went to work for the National Museum of Ethiopia.
  • After two years, Alemseged left for France. There he received a master's in paleontology at the University of Montpellier and University of Paris in 1994 and a doctorate from the University of Paris and the French National Museum of Natural History in 1998.
  • Alemseged is currently a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. As leader of the Busidima-Dikika paleoanthropological project, he returns to his native Ethiopia each year, helping to build a bridge between the international scientific community that has dominated the human-origins scene and a new generation of African scientists who may represent the future of African paleoanthropology.
  • The Busidima-Dikika project began in 1999 with support from the Institute of Human Origins, the Leakey Foundation, and the National Geographic Society.
ok, i'm deaf and now i have self hate? all because i do not agree with you? really?
so i must agree or i get called names? think about it. that is a poor way to make an argument.
if you have some ACTUAL evidence to support your position why not just show it?

when you can show me how to date bones with a microscope, holla…..

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
ok, i'm deaf and now i have self hate? all because i do not agree with you? really?
so i must agree or i get called names? think about it. that is a poor way to make an argument.
if you have some ACTUAL evidence to support your position why not just show it?

when you can show me how to date bones with a microscope, holla…..

Hold em up, wait a minute bro. james, this is not about you not agreeing with me, its about you not accepting the legitimacy of our guy. If the National Geographic write up doesn't persuade you, and the credentials of our guy doesn't impress you; it has nothing to do with not agreeing with me, but your refusal to accept the facts. There's nothing left but that ugly word, which I shall not repeat out of respect for you.

Peace In for real,

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Hold em up, wait a minute bro. james, this is not about you not agreeing with me, its about you not accepting the legitimacy of our guy. If the National Geographic write up doesn't persuade you, and the credentials of our guy doesn't impress you; it has nothing to do with not agreeing with me, but your refusal to accept the facts. There's nothing left but that ugly word, which I shall not repeat out of respect for you.

Peace In for real,
you show me how he dates bones with a microscope and i will shut up….

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Good stuff, enjoyed listening to it. It appears he used a technique involving the teeth to determine age and gender, which is fairly new to us that are more familiar with the carbon 14 dating process. Nevertheless, I will research it and offer it to jamesfrmphilly. Thanks for sharing the video.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Good stuff, enjoyed listening to it. It appears he used a technique involving the teeth to determine age and gender, which is fairly new to us that are more familiar with the carbon 14 dating process. Nevertheless, I will research it and offer it to jamesfrmphilly. Thanks for sharing the video.

He also mentioned a scanning process and I'm not sure which one but there is a process used known as AMS.

It is a form of radiometric dating.

Here is how it works.

http://www.radiocarbon.com/accelerator-mass-spectrometry.htm

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍