Black People : How Do We Solve The Black Unemployment / Economic Problem - Our Own Selves?

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
I think that we as individuals have to all pick up a trade and a niche whatever that may be. People need to first understand what is sustainable and what is NOT! We first have to come to the understanding that the current system is NOT sustainable! We have lived this way for only 100 or so years and look at it, its falling apart. People, particularly non white people have lived on this planet for millions of years by sustainable development which seems to have been thrown out of the window when the white man came out of the caves. What do I mean by sustainable development ? Something that can be done over and over is useful to mankind and does not have negative consequences. In other words we need to start learning to farm, plant and do trades that people can actually use and are of value to other people. Now for many of us this is out of the ball park, because alot of us dont own homes or land. Realize that this central to sustainability in every way. So now what do you do? Under the current economic structure you have to be smart about it. Get trades that will pay off in both the long and short run. Farming, Carpentry, Electrician, steel/iron worker, mortician, bakery owner etc? Why these? Because you can not only get a job anywhere be your own boss and make positive contributions to the community. Of course we will also need doctors lawyers and scientist but we would need more skilled workers than the later. If every person in the community had a trade they would be of value to themselves and the community at large. Ever heard the saying "If only I knew then what I know now"? If we employed ourselves in whatever skill we develop we dont need anyone else to hire us. Now I know schooling under this system takes money but thank god for the internet. There are some things you can learn to do that require no schooling at all and can pay off big. We need to find them invest our time and use it to our advantage along with the other trades I mentioned. If we did that it can solve our unemployment issues.
Excellent points! There are retired Black union workers in NY that are homesteading and teaching homesteading to others, and since the majority of us live in urban areas and will not be able to migrate to rural areas when the plug will get pulled on the economy here, hydroponics and community lots gardens are a real survival mechanism

Gorilla

Jan 31, 2009
My list in no particular order:

1. Help the failing educational system and help pop the College, Inc bubble.
  2. Protect public services because they provide a safety net and a rope ladder for people moving in either direction, in terms of socioeconomic mobility.
  3. Scale back the American dream and consumption (i.e control your expenses as much as you can). A lot of things in the culture of capitalism promote the idea that a person is just one more purchase away from Happiness.
  4. Prioritize some core competencies: reading, writing, mathematics, critical thinking that would allow people to easily pick up things like financial literacy and make better choices at the polls that would reflect their stances.
  5. Take more of an interest in local politics, especially if you live in a more disadvantaged area.
  6. Dedicate some time to information/cultural vegetables.
  7. Save more money.
  8. Invest. Take advantage of anything you can get through your job, bank, or credit union.
  9. Donate time and money to causes that you feel are important, especially if they provide services and relief to the less fortunate. It may not solve all problems, but it does make a difference in someone's life. And, it provides a lot of psychological benefits to one's self.
  10. When you do buy, try to buy products with the longest lifetime you can afford within reason. Purchasing goods that don't last long over and over again drain finances.
  11. Buy food locally and buy foods in their proper seasons. This will likely help you save money and improve quality of the food you eat.
  12. Manage your health and mind as best you can.
  13. There's nothing wrong with getting either vocational/skilled training and/or a higher education. Either way, you'll have to properly plan and save for both.
  14. In turn, be prepared to invest into giving your children the biggest advantages you can afford. Save for their education, first car (if necessary in your area), and down-payment on a home or security deposit for an apartment.
  15. Keep an emergency fund ready for both yourself and your circle. It should at least be able to cover all of your expenses for about 3-6 months or any unexpected financial emergencies.
  16. If there's something you want to improve in your life, start tracking personal metrics about it. You can make better decisions and take better actions when you have some data about something. This applies to weight, net worth, spending, sleep habits, stress levels, etc.
  17. Realize that there are situations where it makes more sense to pay more upfront than to subsidize now by paying more in the long run.
  18. Owning a business can be great if you're inclined to run one. However, working for a start up and getting in early with some good benefits and company equity can work for you too.

WARRIOR

BAMN - By Any Means Necessary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 28, 2009
STRONG ISLAND , NY
Occupation
RETIRED
IN MY OPINION.....UNTIL WE PRACTICE GIVING A D*M ABOUT EACH OTHER...AND BUILDING ON THAT....WE WILL NOT GO VERY FAR...

THE MANY POISONS THIS COUNTRY HAS INSERTED IN US MAKES IT EASY FOR ANY ONE OF US TO GIVE THE APPEARANCE OF LOVING OUR PPL....AT ANY EXPENSE....

BECAUSE SO MANY OF US EMBRACE THE HIGH OF THE MOMENT...RELEASE THE SEED...AND FORGET TO WATER IT ,NURTURE IT...AND ENSURE ITS GROWTH....

I CALL IT.....INDIVIDUALISM...

BECAUSE ONLY A FEW HAVE REALLY PROVEN THEIR WORTH.....AND SADLY...THEY ARE PASSED ON...

BUT IF WE WERE TO FIX OUR ECONOMIC PROBLEM WITHIN THIS CORRUPT WHITE SUPREMACIST SYSTEM....IT COULD NOT BE DONE WITHOUT SECURITY....THE KIND OF SECURITY THAT ENSURES OUR DOLLARS CIRCULATING FROM ONE COMMUNITY TO THE OTHER...REGION TO REGION , STATE TO STATE...

AND IN MY OPINION...LIVES WOULD BE LOST FOR THIS TO HAPPEN...BUT I DO BELIEVE IT COULD WORK.....AS LONG AS WE PROTECT OUR OWN...AND NOT TAKE THIS AMERIKKKAN " WE ARE ALL THE SAME " WAY OF LIFE FOR GRANTED....FOR WE ARE STILL.....BRAINWASHED CAPTIVES....

NOW....IF BY SOME MIRACLE WE COME TOGETHER , AND SUCCEED AT TEARING DOWN THIS SYSTEM OR IN THE LEAST , WATCH IT DESTROY ITSELF , TAKING MANY SELL-OUTS WITH IT....I BELIEVE THE POISONS WOULD STILL AFFECT US.....AND WORK ITS WAY INTO DESTROYING US....BECAUSE INDIVIDUALISM IS SATURATED THROUGHOUT OUR HISTORY....TRUE & UNTRUE..

SO....IT COMES RIGHT BACK TO US GIVING A D*M ABOUT ONE ANOTHER...

BUT AS LONG AS WE KEEP VALUING WHAT THOSE CRACKAS TEACH US TO VALUE.....THE HILL ONLY GETS STEEPER...

WARRIOR

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
I don't know about the US but when I first came to Australia I was piss poor. The key here to success is to accumulate some money from low paying jobs and then reinvest that money into your own small business. Always manage your money carefully and do not live above your mean (if something is a money drain, do away with it). Always keep looking for business opportunities. Always keep informed. Find the right connection and have a never say die attitude. Self-employment is always best. Above all ,everything you do, be it a low paying job or high paying job, always do the best job possible. Always be ready to work.

Small businesses and more small businesses!
Thank you x 100 @ the bold

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
IN MY OPINION.....UNTIL WE PRACTICE GIVING A D*M ABOUT EACH OTHER...AND BUILDING ON THAT....WE WILL NOT GO VERY FAR...

THE MANY POISONS THIS COUNTRY HAS INSERTED IN US MAKES IT EASY FOR ANY ONE OF US TO GIVE THE APPEARANCE OF LOVING OUR PPL....AT ANY EXPENSE....

BECAUSE SO MANY OF US EMBRACE THE HIGH OF THE MOMENT...RELEASE THE SEED...AND FORGET TO WATER IT ,NURTURE IT...AND ENSURE ITS GROWTH....

I CALL IT.....INDIVIDUALISM...

BECAUSE ONLY A FEW HAVE REALLY PROVEN THEIR WORTH.....AND SADLY...THEY ARE PASSED ON...

BUT IF WE WERE TO FIX OUR ECONOMIC PROBLEM WITHIN THIS CORRUPT WHITE SUPREMACIST SYSTEM....IT COULD NOT BE DONE WITHOUT SECURITY....THE KIND OF SECURITY THAT ENSURES OUR DOLLARS CIRCULATING FROM ONE COMMUNITY TO THE OTHER...REGION TO REGION , STATE TO STATE...

AND IN MY OPINION...LIVES WOULD BE LOST FOR THIS TO HAPPEN...BUT I DO BELIEVE IT COULD WORK.....AS LONG AS WE PROTECT OUR OWN...AND NOT TAKE THIS AMERIKKKAN " WE ARE ALL THE SAME " WAY OF LIFE FOR GRANTED....FOR WE ARE STILL.....BRAINWASHED CAPTIVES....

NOW....IF BY SOME MIRACLE WE COME TOGETHER , AND SUCCEED AT TEARING DOWN THIS SYSTEM OR IN THE LEAST , WATCH IT DESTROY ITSELF , TAKING MANY SELL-OUTS WITH IT....I BELIEVE THE POISONS WOULD STILL AFFECT US.....AND WORK ITS WAY INTO DESTROYING US....BECAUSE INDIVIDUALISM IS SATURATED THROUGHOUT OUR HISTORY....TRUE & UNTRUE..

SO....IT COMES RIGHT BACK TO US GIVING A D*M ABOUT ONE ANOTHER...

BUT AS LONG AS WE KEEP VALUING WHAT THOSE CRACKAS TEACH US TO VALUE.....THE HILL ONLY GETS STEEPER...

WARRIOR
:toast::toast::toast:
Once we are able to instill this in our youth, the problem will be 75% solved! They will study, work in unison and save and invest in unison for life

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.