Black Sports : How bad are the Bills? Cornerback Vontae Davis retired at halftime on Sunday

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:rofl:

How bad are the Bills? Cornerback Vontae Davis retired at halftime on Sunday

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-bills-cornerback-vontae-davis-retired-halftime-sunday-211324991.html
Vontae Davis: ‘This isn’t how I pictured retiring’
Davis released a statement that said after many injuries through the years, it sunk in during Sunday’s game that he shouldn’t be playing anymore.

He also admitted he wasn’t willing to make the sacrifices necessary to keep playing.

Frank Schwab
Yahoo Sports

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
I havent been watching football since Kap was labeled the bad Black dude. Bad move on his part. Breach of contract?
Vontae Davis maintained an exemplary record as a first tier cornerback and life was good until Colts head coach Chuck Pagano totally disrespected Vontae by benching him over the possibility of Vontae accepting slots from some other teams and used some BS excuse for what he did and worst GOD forbid Vontae finally decides to get much needed groin surgery. So what does the Colts management do? They released him a/k/a fired him. When a man gives his all for the success of himself and his team and gets kicked in the face that gives him pause. Personally I think he should have avoided the Bills like cancer and although I feel he should have finished out the game, he probably just had enough and if anything, I can truly understand how he felt. A boat won't progress in the treacherous tidewaters of life if it no longer has the wind of support in it's sails.

Good luck Vontae. On with life and don't look back.

maxresdefault.jpg

GOD bless bro.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Reflection ... :great:

Vontae Davis on his unprecedented retirement: 'Leaving was therapeutic'

https://sports.yahoo.com/vontae-davis-unprecedented-retirement-leaving-therapeutic-205909213.html
...He said when he woke up at the team hotel on Sunday morning, “I felt normal” and followed the same routine he’d gotten used to: driving to the stadium he listened to music; at the stadium he hydrated and stretched and put on his headphones and recited Psalm 23 (“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want”) twice.

But when the game started, Davis said, “I didn’t feel right. I didn’t feel like myself.”

Shalise Manza Young
Yahoo Sports

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
This was hilarious, honestly. But I get why some were upset.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: