Health and Wellness : Hospitals warn that repealing ObamaCare could spark 'unprecedented public health crisis'

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Let's be clear about American politics and how convoluted it really is. You think attacks on social security is just a republican thing or something tied to this recent presidential campaign?

Obama Wanted to Cut Social Security. Then Bernie Sanders Happened.

Okay, lets get clear-eyed about the perils of Social Security. By comparison, captured from the above source information and cited below, on the Obama administration's position; is a far cry from what Paul Ryan and the republicans are seeking with "vouchers" and "privatization" of Social Security ...

"... The administration’s budget proposed using the so-called chained Consumer Price Index formula to calculate benefits instead, which would slow the rate of benefit increases in the future so as to reduce overall spending. Social Security Works estimated that under the chained CPI the average beneficiary who just started receiving benefits would receive a yearly benefit $653 lower after 10 years ..."

At the end of the day, I'd trust a democrat or an independent over any republican when it comes to managing Social Society.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
'Obamacare' holding its own: 6.4M signed up so far

WASHINGTON (AP) — "Obamacare" seems to be holding its own. The administration said Wednesday that 6.4 million people have enrolled for subsidized private coverage through HealthCare.gov, ahead of last year's pace.

Despite rising premiums, dwindling insurers and the Republican vow to repeal President Barack Obama's health care law, about 400,000 more people signed up through Monday than for a comparable period in 2015, the Health and Human Services Department said ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-holding-own-6-4m-signed-far-203053015--politics.html

In this Oct. 19, 2016 photo, Health and Human Service (HHS) Secretary Sylvia Burwell speaks during a news conference at the HHS in Washington. The Obama administration says 6.4 million people have signed up so far this year for subsidized private insurance coverage through HealthCare.gov. Despite rising premiums, dwindling insurers, and a Republican vow to repeal “Obamacare,” enrollment is running ahead of last year’s pace. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Most new ObamaCare enrollees are from states Donald Trump won

... President-elect Donald Trump, who has promised to repeal ObamaCare, won all of the top five states with the most enrollees on the federal site: Florida (1.3 million), Texas (776,000), North Carolina (369,000), and Pennsylvania (291,000) ...

http://theweek.com/speedreads/668851/most-new-obamacare-enrollees-are-from-states-donald-trump-won

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

http://theweek.com/speedreads/668851/most-new-obamacare-enrollees-are-from-states-donald-trump-won

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Record number of Obamacare sign-ups on HealthCare.gov for 2017 health insurance coverage

It is a record, but will it be Trumped?

Federal health officials Wednesday touted a record 6.4 million customer sign-ups on the federal Obamacare marketplace HealthCare.gov so far this open enrollment season — topping last year's pace during the same time period by 400,000 customers ...

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/21/record-number-of-obamacare-signups-on-healthcaregov-for-2017-health-insurance-coverage.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=104180879&yptr=yahoo

Getty Images
A customer speaks with an insurance agent as he signs up for Affordable Care Act in Miami

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Trump’s death panel: The president-elect already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price
Trump's pledge to protect Americans who depend on Obamacare, Medicare and Medicaid is a matter of life or death

... But not long after their euphoria over his inauguration fades, they are going to learn why his administration is so likely to drive those statistics in the wrong direction. Despite his promises to protect Social Security and Medicare — and his vow to replace the Affordable Care Act with “something much better” — Trump’s cabinet appointees and his allies in Congress plan ruinous changes to those programs; and that will mean ruin, and in thousands of cases death, for the mostly white and working-class people who depend so heavily on them ...

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/22/trumps-death-panel-the-president-elect-violated-health-care-promises-by-appointing-tom-price-to-run-health-policy_partner/

FILE - In this Nov. 30, 2016 file photo, Health and Human Services Secretary-designate, Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga. speaks in Washington. Propelled by populist energy, President-elect Donald Trump’s candidacy broke long-standing conventions and his incoming Cabinet embodies a sharp turn from the outgoing Obama administration. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)(Credit: AP)

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: