jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i'm mixed

i am a mix of african and european sensibilities. i think we all are nowadays.
we cannot judge any practice as good or bad simply based on it's african or european origins.
each must be evaluated in the light or what we are today, mixed.

the only basis is if a given practice will help us as a people as we move forward into the new century.

Seneb

Nov 14, 2007
Seneb, can you provide references regarding your statement that "homosexuality has always been forbidden in Africa?"
I already provided an example. The Yoruba oral scriptures and history, where there is no mention of homosexuality as forbidden. My point is simple. What you say is not true.
Please don't act like you did not understand what i mean.Once again ONE OF THE 42 COMMANDEMENTS OF THE NILE VALLEY CIVILIZATION FORBID HOMESEXUALITY!DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE AFRIKANS?

Do the Yoruba society approve homosexuality?You know well that african societies do not use writting sources,most traditions are oral and yes they are more reliable.Because these societies are/were oral,does not mean that they did not have LAWS,CODES AND TABOOS.

No matter what you guys said,Homos is mostly taboo in Afrika,i don't say that there was never homos act,i say THAT THE SOCIETY IN IS WHOLE outlawed this practice.Can you make the differences between COLLECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL???

There are many different africans around me from different countries,different ethnicity and this is the same answer:WE AINT COOL WITH THAT STUFF.Even though WE afrikan in the americas have been so much damaged by western culture,we still have this repugnance for this practice!So what is the conclusion?You don't need to have a PHD to see that the Black Race is veryyyyyyyyyyy against homosexuality,PERIOD.

So once again:

Can you people give me an example in Afrika where such practices were largely accepted?

Now if you guys are cool with that stuff go ahead but don't condemn your brothers in the continent where they defend their culture against european imperialism,because this is exactly what you are doing!

awo dino

Sep 11, 2009
in florida for now
Occupation
carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
Please don't act like you did not understand what i mean.Once again ONE OF THE 42 COMMANDEMENTS OF THE NILE VALLEY CIVILIZATION FORBID HOMESEXUALITY!DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE AFRIKANS?
Brotha, I used the word forbidden just like you, so what are you talking about? I understand perfectly. The Nile Valley does not comprise all of Africa by a long shot, and was written at a certain time, right?

Do the Yoruba society approve homosexuality?You know well that african societies do not use writting sources,most traditions are oral and yes they are more reliable.Because these societies are/were oral,does not mean that they did not have LAWS,CODES AND TABOOS.
If homosexuality were taboo, it most certainly would be in the oral corpus called Odu.

No matter what you guys said,Homos is mostly taboo in Afrika,i don't say that there was never homos act,i say THAT THE SOCIETY IN IS WHOLE outlawed this practice.Can you make the differences between COLLECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL???

breath brotha, breath. usually when someone is so emotional about this subject, it points to hidden issues? Can you provide sources that say African society as a whole, throughout time, outlawed homosexuality?

There are many different africans around me from different countries,different ethnicity and this is the same answer:WE AINT COOL WITH THAT STUFF.Even though WE afrikan in the americas have been so much damaged by western culture,we still have this repugnance for this practice!So what is the conclusion?You don't need to have a PHD to see that the Black Race is veryyyyyyyyyyy against homosexuality,PERIOD.
I ain't "cool" with it either. But whether someone is gay or not doesn't bother me or cause me to want to make them adhere to my beleifs or what I think is cool.
So once again:

Can you people give me an example in Afrika where such practices were largely accepted?
I already did, blind man.
Can you provide sources that say African society as a whole, throughout time, outlawed homosexuality?

Now if you guys are cool with that stuff go ahead but don't condemn your brothers in the continent where they defend their culture against european imperialism,because this is exactly what you are doing!

This is the BS right here. As if homosexuality is a form of european imperialism and hasn't existed throughout time all over the world. See, my original feeling was correct. you just confirmed my original suspicion.
QUOTE]

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.