Nigeria : Homophobia in Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi And Over-sexed South Africa

Workinprocess

Feb 14, 2010
:fyi: you got waaaaaay too much information.
You may as well refer to researches as having way to much information because that is what they do, research to confirm their theories. There are many of us here at this site that research things and the idea is to gather as much information as possible. I am always researching pedophiles, just as I research necrophiliacs and zoo's. I never thought about researching those specifics until we starting having threads here at Destee.com that seem to be leaning towards homosexuality being perfectly natural and tolerated in Africa. Does researching the above make me obsessed? I wouldn't say that it does, it just makes me able to educate my self as well as educate others. It also makes me able to go by my own research as well as follow up on other folks research that may or may not be faulty. That is the whole idea of having waaay to much information, as you put it.

:10500: Can't win for losing, if you have to much information, something is wrong with you and if you have no information, you are stupid or dumb and if you are in between with your information, you are not doing enough... sighs

W.I.P
:whip:

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
penis sites?

Workinprocess said:
You may as well refer to researches as having way to much information because that is what they do, research to confirm their theories. There are many of us here at this site that research things and the idea is to gather as much information as possible. I am always researching pedophiles, just as I research necrophiliacs and zoo's. I never thought about researching those specifics until we starting having threads here at Destee.com that seem to be leaning towards homosexuality being perfectly natural and tolerated in Africa. Does researching the above make me obsessed? I wouldn't say that it does, it just makes me able to educate my self as well as educate others. It also makes me able to go by my own research as well as follow up on other folks research that may or may not be faulty. That is the whole idea of having waaay to much information, as you put it.
penis sites? i'm a pervert and that was news to me.

Workinprocess said:
Can't win for losing, if you have to much information, something is wrong with you and if you have no information, you are stupid or dumb and if you are in between with your information, you are not doing enough... sighs
just agree with whatever i say, and you'll be alright.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Written by Paul I. Adujie

Why is it so important for Nigeria, Uganda and now, Malawi to squander public resources in the repression of homosexuals and lesbians citizens within these African nations? It is just astonishing that some African nations focus on the persecution of homosexuals, gays and lesbians, instead of the more important focus on continental development.

Why is it that political and religious leaders in these nations seem to see or interpret homosexual and lesbians sexual preferences and practices as if more of existential threats and or, inimical to the pursuits of health, wealth and happiness than say, malaria, AIDS, unemployment, unclean water, broken and decrepit public infrastructures?

I am a heterosexual male and I do not believe that my sexual preference makes me remarkable.

Besides, I also believe in the Human Rights of all persons regardless of such persons’ sexual preferences. I, We, Nigerians, Ugandans, South Africans, Malawians, Americans or anyone for that matter, do not have to have the same sexual interests or preferences as a basis or predicate for advocating the rights of others, others, who are unlike us.

I strongly believe that Nigerians, South Africans, Ugandans and Malawians and others, should be able to advocate the rights of homosexuals and lesbians citizens amongst us, even if we are decidedly heterosexuals. Just the same way in which we may be able to recognize the rights of others to practice their choice of preferred religion, even if we ourselves are of a different religious faith or are faithless, agnostic or atheists ourselves. We ought to be able to accept homosexuals, gays and lesbians without making value judgments or some sorts of dogmatic and judgmental moral condemnations of gays and lesbians, based upon or predicated on our moral certainty or religious “superiority”

I am quite at a loss when I listen the vehemence and stridency, with which some Nigerians, some South Africans, some Ugandans, some Malawians etc, talk, discuss, and in fact, attack gays and lesbians within our nations.

http://adujie-writings.blogspot.com/2010/03/homophobia-in-nigeria-uganda-malawi-and.html

I recently posed the issue to several ethnic Africans here at work. All said that prior colonization, homosexuality was none existant. Noting that it was the wm that brought the scourge to the continent. The also said, that if you were practicing back then, you would be put to immediate death

:em0200:

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
I recently posed the issue to several ethnic Africans here at work. All said that prior colonization, homosexuality was none existant. Noting that it was the wm that brought the scourge to the continent. The also said, that if you were practicing back then, you would be put to immediate death

That is because your African co-workers are probably Christians or Muslims, hence their view on this issue is based on their chosen religion. I know of no traditional African spiritual system in West Africa that sanctions death to gays,none.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
:10500: Arent all the continent in one of those categories now?

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Kemetstry;66o8620 said:
:10500: Arent all the continent in one of those categories now?

Yes and No.

The national religion in Benin is Voudun, and the people of Benin had to fight the Western brainwashed government for this right.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
The national religion in Benin is Voudun, and the people of Benin had to fight the Western brainwashed government for this right.

:10500:Is that the majority religion of the continent?

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
:10500:Is that the majority religion of the continent?

I think you already know the answer to that question. Islam and Christianity are not African religions.. the original spiritual tradition of each region/ethnic group in Africa are is still practiced today. As i said, i have yet to run across a NATIVE tradition which advocates the killing of gays.

Homophobia came with the introduction of Christianity and Islam.. most if not all African leaders/lawmakers are educated in Europe or America, and are staunch ''Christians' or 'Muslims' so therein lies the problem.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I think you already know the answer to that question. Islam and Christianity are not African religions.. the original spiritual tradition of each region/ethnic group in Africa are is still practiced today. As i said, i have yet to run across a NATIVE tradition which advocates the killing of gays.

Homophobia came with the introduction of Christianity and Islam.. most if not all African leaders/lawmakers are educated in Europe or America, and are staunch ''Christians' or 'Muslims' so therein lies the problem.

It was there statement that prior to colonialization, being gay was not tolerated

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
Right - as always I've arrived late at this thread, but going back to the original post it does seem a waste of energy and resources to persecute gays / lesbians rather than use the money for something that would benefit all the people of these countries. Now I have no knowledge really of what muslims believe about this, but I was brought up as a christian and it is recognized as being something wrong in that religion, but so is envy and theft and not worshipping god and lots of other things, but for some reason people get themselves completely worked up over this sex thing. Is this homophobia based on some sort of belief that its some kind of disease that can be caught off someone else? But is it any more likely you could contract homosexuality than that you could contract sloth or pride or any other sin. Now I must admit that me personally find the whole homosexual act itself as quite horrible to even think about and totally unnatural, but I don't feel any need to treat the people who do this in any different way to anyone else. Nothing in christianity as I've been taught it tells me I should love my brother UNLESS he is gay. These people must be like this for a reason - maybe something that happened to them as a child or whatever - and I can't look upon myself as being superior to them just cause when my hormones started working I found myself attracted to boys - it wasn't like any conscious decision I made.

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: