Nigeria : Homophobia in Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi And Over-sexed South Africa

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
"Well the beauty of the internet is you can look it up on line"
Well I did say before I was a dumb blonde. Anyways I found these passages....

Jude 1:7...

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Romans 1:26-27...

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

So its pretty clear you're right it wasn't just them wanting to rape the guests. But thinking over it this morning one thing jumps into my mind - God didn't ask Lot and his family to do anything about it except to get out of there - they didn't even attempt to persuade anyone they were doing wrong let alone try and stop them - instead they just leave like they're told and then like God's versions of H-bombs take the place out. So shouldn't people leave it up to him to sort out.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
For a clearer picture, try the old testament version of the story

:toast:

:em0200:

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
@Kemetstry
OK - I found the old testament bit about this in Genesis
now it seems to just confirm what I said last time....
As in, yes, God says all this gay stuff is wicked and because of it HE is going to destroy the cities - so I still don't see any bit about 'people' being supposed to persecute them.

But now having read that account I come up against one of those things that you find in the old testament where you just go wtf...
The bit I mean is where Lot says to the mob outside - look I'm not giving you these 2 guys so you can just b****r them, but tell you what I've got 2 daughters who are virgins and you can do what you like to them - great! I'm sure glad I didn't have him as a father - I mean so homosexuality is wrong, but raping and doing all sorts of other horrible things to young girls is OK??????

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
@Kemetstry
OK - I found the old testament bit about this in Genesis
now it seems to just confirm what I said last time....
As in, yes, God says all this gay stuff is wicked and because of it HE is going to destroy the cities - so I still don't see any bit about 'people' being supposed to persecute them.

But now having read that account I come up against one of those things that you find in the old testament where you just go wtf...
The bit I mean is where Lot says to the mob outside - look I'm not giving you these 2 guys so you can just b****r them, but tell you what I've got 2 daughters who are virgins and you can do what you like to them - great! I'm sure glad I didn't have him as a father - I mean so homosexuality is wrong, but raping and doing all sorts of other horrible things to young girls is OK??????

:fyi:

Now, go find Mosaic Laws for the penalties for being gay. I think you'll find a similar theme.

lmao

:whip:

:court:

:bully:

:em0200:

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
@Kemetstry
But this is all just confirming what I've already accepted - God doesn't like homosexuality and thinks it is an evil thing.
Like I even said myself way back I think its unnatural and frankly icky

But its not getting me anywhere with this persecution thing - I haven't found anywhere yet where it says you should persecute these people because they're doing this - and to be honest I don't know what I'd do if I did find a passage that said that - I'd probabaly just have to be classed as a sinner myself because there's just no way I could persecute / harm / hate anyone - I honestly don't think I've ever hated anyone before.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!