Homeless BROTHERS in the NATION keeps GROWING

dustyelbow

Oct 25, 2005
Black men comprise large percentage of nearly 800,000 homeless in America

That's the NATION at WORK...

RUTHLESS WHITES intentions have BREAK the BARRIER our ANCESTORS created in RESPONSE for SUCH

I really HOPE our YOUNG BLACK MALES pay ATTENTION and respond with COURAGE for the SAKE of the COMMUNITY

Because the way things APPEAR you are NEXT to MAKE this CONTINUE to GROW once you leave PRISON...

I would not be SUPRISED that those HOMELESS PEOPLE who FIGHT BACK are DISCREDITED by being perceived as MENTAL DERANGED...by US in the COMMUNITY and GREATER SOCIETY

But I talk MYSTERIES...

Oh well.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
so true and we need a solution to bring these numbers down ...it's sad
and deeply felt that such poverty has take so many from homes to boxes

Alkebulan

Mar 17, 2002
boringham, alabama
Occupation
slacker
good 2 c this issue raised again - thanx 4 that.

this issue has also reared up 4 attention n brother chat recently. this population, along w our prison population, r the 2 groups closest 2 my heart. recently, i began a relationship w 2 organizations both of which hv meaningful interaction w both groups. un4tunately, from my perspective, both of them r faith based.

1. greater birmingham ministries; & 2. church of the reconciler

nevertheless, we r attempting to set asside our philosophical differences & work 2gether to render som aid 2 both groups.

so far, this has resulted in a food dispensery program, 3 clothing drives & the distribution of these clothes; & an initiative pilot program to involve interested communities in a program of rennovation of abandoned/derilict houses to provide permanent housing from select, screened, drug-free candidates, provided they meet the requirements & sta clean. there is a gr8 deal mor need presented on a daily basis, but we believe we r making a small dent.

current estimates n the city where i liv run b/t 600 - over 1,000 considered chronically homeless right now.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I can't agree more as likewise in the city of CHICAGO our Homeless rate
is sky rocketing beyond belief with so little support and hope, yearly i have
played a role in many Drives for warm shelter / blankets / shoes / food i know
every little helps but we are falling short to meeting the needs

I wonder if we can have a Driver from our online community right here
to send can goods / whatever to help some of these homeless brothers & sistas
help lift them up again back on there feet and maybe just maybe they will strive
again to re-enter in a home stad ........There is hope and a way once a solution
is reached !

mrron

Jun 23, 2006
This issue of homelessness is tied to many of the other problems that plague the black community, starting with the lack of the black family structure. When I grew up during the fifties and sixties, i never knew of anyone who had to live on the street's regardless of their circumstances. They could be alcoholic or mentally ill, but someone would take them in. There were probably a few who slept in abandoned buildings, but most families would be embarrassed to know that they had a homeless relative somewhere, and simply wouldn't allow it to happen.

So the question becomes, what has happened since then? Firstly, the family structure doesn't even exist for many of these people today, which is why they ended up on the road to "skid row". Many of these people are actually employed but cannot afford to pay full rent for a place of their own. As a landlord, I am constantly struggling with this issue. I have to be very lenient with people to keep from putting children on the street. But I too have my limits, because I have to at least cover my expenses. The IRS doesn't allow landlords to deduct expenses unless they are charging the fair market value rent. Most people don't know this, they think that landlords are just padding their pockets. I also have to pay taxes, insurance, mortgages and maintenance from the rental proceeds. If I don't get paid, that money comes out of my pocket. I can only do so much. so there are times when an eviction is the only choice.

Many of the homeless are convicts, some have multiple convictions. In all honesty, how many people who are already struggling, want to have to deal with housing a convicted criminal? Even family members have been stung by a family member who has been incarcerated. Where is the end of the rope, when one is trying to help someone, who is stealing from them, or selling drugs or committing other crimes, out of their home? That loving and caring family member, could actually end up in trouble themselves, even arrested for crimes taking place in their home. Many people on this site have already said that they have or have had, family members in prison. They all know the deal on this.

The time to stop this behavior is while the child is very young and starts showing signs of criminal behavior. It is not the responsiblity of the greater society to raise our children. Homelessness is often the end of the road for some of these individuals who started begging for attention ten, twenty or thirty years ago, and didn't get it from those responsible for them.

The only countries in the world that don't have homelessness are communist countries. That is because the government owns and controls everything, and provides housing for everyone. But then they don't have much else to talk about.

We need to get black men off the street corners while they are young, back in school, working and performing the role of provider and protector, and a lot of this homeless problem while abate. We are in for much worse if we don't do something now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Homeless women who took over California home gain support Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Homeless Mom Received 5-Year-Sentence After Falsifying Son’s School District and Twice Selling Drugs Black Education / Schools 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Security robots used to ward off San Francisco's homeless population - Jogging humanoid robots Science and Technology 2
IFE Black People : COP BEATS HOMELESS WOMAN Black People Open Forum 13
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : girl-spends-birthday-feeding-homeless Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Liberty Black Positive People : Chance The Rapper Aids Effort to Bring 1,000 Coats to Homeless In Chicago Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Enki Law Forum : 8 white cops, 1 black homeless man, 46 bullets Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 18
RAPTOR The Police : Historic Police Brutality Case, Family of Homeless Denver Pastor Killed in Custody Awarded $4.6M Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Black Sports : HOMELESS JACKIE ROBINSON PLAYER GETS RENT FREE PLACE Black Sports 17
shaka64 Law Forum : Homeless Mom Arrested For Leaving Kids In Car While On Job Interview Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Gorilla Black Positive People : Instead Of Begging, Homeless Man Reviews And Sells Books On The Streets Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Homeless couple sues Missouri town for asking them to leave Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Kemetstry Black People : HOMELESS MAN REWARDED FOR TURNING IN CASH Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Boston Homeless Man Glen James Rewarded for Returning Lost Backpack Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : DWYANE WADE'S WIFE HOMELESS? Black Entertainment 65
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Homeless Man’s Honest Deed Rewarded with $16K Donation, and Counting Black People Doing Positive Things 9
cherryblossom Black Positive People : 1 Year Rent Free Home for a Homeless Family Black People Doing Positive Things 1
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Homeless Veteran Saves a Life Black People Doing Positive Things 5
cherryblossom Black Positive People : David Boone: From Homeless to Harvard Black People Doing Positive Things 5
skuderjaymes Black People : Schizophrenic homeless man.. Kelly Thomas.. beat to death by Police. Black People Open Forum 3
Feather Black People : Women and Children Homeless Black People Open Forum 131
P Quiet Poetry Lounge : Homeless Happiness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Indigo Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing : Everyone Has A Story To Tell - Homeless Emcee Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : last poet homeless Black People Open Forum 2
Amnat77 Black People : Miss Colorado Soon to be homeless. Black People Open Forum 7
Amnat77 Black People : Judge gives custody of Son to homeless dad. Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Raising Homeless Awareness Black People Doing Positive Things 4
Ankhur Black People : Millions in cuts across the Nation for homeless and poor renters Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Entertainment : THE RACIST HOUSE N WRD HOMELESS Black Entertainment 6
kemetkind Black People : Homeless man is chess king of Washington. Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Poetry : Bad Luck: Poem dedicated to the homeless Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Nahshon Black Poetry : Homeless Man Blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black People : Groups survey 20 ‘meanest’ cities for homeless Black People Open Forum 12
Cindy Black Poetry : Homeless Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
L Black Poetry : Homeless brides..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Black People : Microchips for the Homeless Black People Open Forum 4
T Black Poetry : Talking With The Homeless Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
L Black Poetry : Unknown song (dedicated to Mark the homeless gitarman) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Kemetstry Black Positive People : LEGALLY ARMED BROTHERS PATROL AREA WHERE ARBERY WAS KILLED Black People Doing Positive Things 1
OldSoul Black People : The Muse Brothers Black People Open Forum 2
OldSoul Black People : The Nicholas Brothers and Dorothy Dandridge - 3 Great Talents Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : True Conviction - Some Extraordinary Brothers Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BROTHERS LAUNCH LUXURY CLOTHING BRAND Black Money Business Jobs 3
IFE Black People : BROTHERS’ KEEPERS AT A COST: BLACK WOMEN ON THE PROBLEM WITH REPORTING ONE OF OUR OWN Black People Open Forum 111
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : Bennett brothers win BET-shine-a-light-award Black People Doing Positive Things 0
IFE Black Positive People : Kid genius brothers, 11 and 14, graduate high school and college this weekend Black People Doing Positive Things 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : To the Brothers shooting Craps AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : strong brothers dead from massive heart attacks? Black Health and Wellness 5
Al D Black People : The Soledad Brothers Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Positive People : Baltimore Big Brothers Program Sees 3,000 Percent Increase Black People Doing Positive Things 0